Windows 10: Reanamed "Computer", now 2 of "Me" at login screen.

Discus and support Reanamed "Computer", now 2 of "Me" at login screen. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I tried to rename computer and now there's two entries in log in screen. That new one is set as default and wouldn't accept any password but original... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by CountMike, Jan 13, 2017.

1. CountMike New Member

Reanamed "Computer", now 2 of "Me" at login screen.

I tried to rename computer and now there's two entries in log in screen. That new one is set as default and wouldn't accept any password but original (normal) one does. Long in is set on auto but still have to chose between those 2 when starting/restarting.
    I can't find that new one anywhere to disable/delete it. Not in Users or any other place for handling accounts.
    How to get rid of or where to find it ?

:)

CountMike, Jan 13, 2017

2. Please help me... " Nokia n97 "

Every single number.. No i've tested in on my mothers phone and her ID isn't set on private but still doesn't show. When i miss the call it automatically sends me a message saying who called, well if there number isn't on private.

hamburglar1, Jan 13, 2017
  3. Please help me... " Nokia n97 "

I've had this problem since ever... Whenever i recieve a call it doesn't show the caller. All it says is " Call ". Please someone help me get rid of this ! My settings are set as " Say caller's name; - On "

hamburglar1, Jan 13, 2017
  4. Kari Win User

Not knowing if this is what happened in your case, but what you describe occasionally happens when Windows is set up to sign in automatically to a user account and then computer name is changed.

The reason is that a full username as long as Windows is concerned is different than username from user's point of view; Mike in your case or in mine are usernames for most we do and need to use a username for but actually they are just user profile names. For Windows the username is ComputerName\UserProfileName.

On laptop I am writing this for instance my full username is AGM-W10LAP01\, even when I am in fact using a Microsoft account. Three different things: my Windows sign-in user account is a Microsoft account me@AnEmailProvider.com, my user profile name is , my full username is AGM-W10LAP01\.

Long story short, that other you which does not accept your password is doing so because it is user OldComputerName\Mike. That computer name is no longer valid making the username invalid.

I've seen the duplicate using old computer name as part of full username going away when Windows after computer name change is then set to sign in automatically with a local admin account. Restart and remove automatic sign in and see if it works.

5. CountMike New Member
    Tnx, Kari, I thought I did it before but it didn't take or something. I set it to ask for password, restarted and than set it again not to ask for and it Booted right into right place. What confused me is that I couldn't find that "Other Me" anywhere, not in Users folder, netplwiz or thru control userpasswords2, user accounts or even registry.

CountMike, Jan 13, 2017
  6. Kari Win User
    That's logical: by renaming the computer, user OldComputerName\Mike became obsolete and invalid, non existing. For some reason Windows was a bit confused and showed it in sign-in / user selection screen but for all purposes that user did not exist anymore.

Why the confusion, that's a question I have no answer for. I've made my peace with Windows accepting the fact that Windows is female and as such as difficult to fully comprehend than it is to understand a woman *Wink

7. CountMike New Member
    I see your point, just as finicky !!

CountMike, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Reanamed "Computer", now 2 of "Me" at login screen. - Similar Threads - Reanamed Computer login

2. My computer shows the lock screen but won't let me login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My computer shows the lock screen but won't let me login: I don't know what to do. When I turn on my computer it shows the lock screen but it doesn't let me log in.* Changed to a question* Original title: My computer...
  3. Computer will not let me login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer will not let me login: What happens is when I click it brings me to the screen to type in my password. Problem is the password box is replaced by a sign in button. I press 8t and it loads to a sign in box where I type my password. After that it says create a pin. The only button to press is next so...
  4. Computer will not let me login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer will not let me login: What happens is when I click it brings me to the screen to type in my password. Problem is the password box is replaced by a sign in button. I press 8t and it loads to a sign in box where I type my password. After that it says create a pin. The only button to press is next so...
  5. Computer will not let me login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  6. computer stuck on login screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    computer stuck on login screen: Hi! For over a year, I’ve had a computer that hasn’t worked. Every time myself or my family try to use it, we enter the password and it then get stuck on “Welcome...” next to the circling dots under my user. What do I do?Haven’t used it since January of 2020 since I got a new...
  7. Computer keeps refreshing on login screen not allowing me to login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer keeps refreshing on login screen not allowing me to login: So recently, when i turn on my computer its always seems to refresh on the login screen not allowing the login screen to pop-up, i tried restarting & shutting down my computer multiple times without any differences happening. Have my computerfor about a year and when i got it...
  8. Computer update, and now won't login.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer update, and now won't login.: My computer wanted me to update windows as it wasn't going to be supported in November. After some time the computer gave me the login screen, after several attempts to login i was given the message of User login attempt failed. What can i do to fix it?...
  9. Computer forces me to login screen when locked instead of lock.

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer forces me to login screen when locked instead of lock.: When I try to lock it, it sometimes forces me to the login screen rather than the lock screen. There is a delay before it forces me back. First before posting: I made sure it is able to go to lock after sleep. 43720
  10. Computer freezing at login screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer freezing at login screen: hi, My computer started freezing at the login screen yesterday. I cant do anything with it anymore since it disables all the usb, and keyboard/mouse ports. I have reinstalled windows and installed all my drivers again, but it freezes at normal windows updates which is kind...