Windows 10: Reappearing directories and files after permanently deleting

Discus and support Reappearing directories and files after permanently deleting in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've been trying to delete several folders and their files in Windows 10. I'm using using the "permanently delete" function. They keep reappearing.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Pam & Ed Parker, Sep 21, 2019.

1. Reappearing directories and files after permanently deleting

I've been trying to delete several folders and their files in Windows 10. I'm using using the "permanently delete" function. They keep reappearing. Could it be one-drive? What do I have to do the keep them gone?

:)

Pam & Ed Parker, Sep 21, 2019

2. question on how to permanently delete files?

Can some one tell me how to permanently delete files that i delete from the recycle bin.?

Achilles1600, Sep 21, 2019
  3. Drone Win User
    Directory Size Utility

First of all nice utility, Mindweaver!
    Second of all, it's so nice to see that this section ain't dead.

I have a few questions/suggestions, maybe you'd want to see ...
    • maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that?
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs)
    • maybe you also add export list to excel?
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too?
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories?

Drone, Sep 21, 2019
  4. Reappearing directories and files after permanently deleting

Reappearing files I deleted

Hi Aleander,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to delete the folder and check if it's reappear.

• Open the Command prompt with admin (Windows +x and select Command prompt).

• In the command prompt, type the command below and press enter.

NOTE: Substitute
        Full Path of Folder within quotes below with your folder's full path within quotes instead.

RD /S /Q "Full Path of Folder".

• The folder should now be deleted.

• Close the command prompt.
    Please reply to us with the status of the issue and check if it helps.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Sep 21, 2019
Thema:

Reappearing directories and files after permanently deleting

1. Reappearing directories and files after permanently deleting - Similar Threads - Reappearing directories files

2. Files keep reappearing after deleting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Files keep reappearing after deleting: When I delete a file, it appears to be fine, but not long after it reappears on desktop again, along with older deleted files. Permanent deletion won't work either. How do I fix this issue?...
  3. Deleted desktop files keep reappearing after deletion

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleted desktop files keep reappearing after deletion: Hi, if i delete a file, folder, .rar, etc. from my desktop and open a game, or program, the file keeps reappearing on the desktop. If i press F5 on the desktop it disappears, but it's very annoying to be pressing F5 the hole time and if i try to delete the file it tells me...
  4. Permanently deleted files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Permanently deleted files: Hello! First of all I'm really sorry if I'm asking too much of this and if the thread isn't really related to Windows 10, somehow I find it related because I want to use practically Windows 10 and another program or something for this job. And I know you guys are really the...
  5. Permanently deleted files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Permanently deleted files: How do I restore permanently deleted files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/permanently-deleted-files/fe05149f-7bf6-4adc-8166-7220204885d8
  6. Not permanently deleting files

Not permanently deleting files: Whenever I delete a file on a networked drive, I am asked if I want to permanently delete the file. Is there anyway to delete a file on a networked drive and have it sent to the Recycle Bin (or some other user-defined or user-created file designated a "trash" file)?...
  7. Permanently deleted files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Permanently deleted files: I saw the administrator 'Document' displayed in the Quick Access of a guest account and at first tried to move the file back but the PC kept stating that the route was the original source. So I picked an item from the list, deleted it and checked back in the system's account...
  8. App keeps reappearing after I permanently delete it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App keeps reappearing after I permanently delete it: Hi people, I have a Bible app that keeps redownloading after I permanently delete all the relating files as well as the app. I feel like I've gotten rid of the entire app and the files, but after a short while, the app comes back and I have to keep re-deleting everything...
  9. Folders and files reappear after being moved or deleted

Folders and files reappear after being moved or deleted: This folder keeps reappearing after I move it into another folder. I have tried the suggestion to change the owner to everyone. No luck. I have tried running the MSERT. It said it found 2 things Deleted one and partially deleted the other. Other security programs find...
  10. Files and folders reappear after deleting or moving

Files and folders reappear after deleting or moving: I have 2 places on my Windows 10 machine where folders reappear after being moved or deleted. The pictures folder and download folders have been moved from the small SSD C drive to the larger D drive. Several folders in the picture folders return to their original place...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. does anyone have issues with tasks reappearing after deleting in Workfront?