Windows 10: Rear Audio Jack Not Working at all

Discus and support Rear Audio Jack Not Working at all in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello Everyone Last week I was changing my Graphiccard a few times to test another one and finally installed my old one back in. After I restarted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mast342, Jan 15, 2016.

1. Mast342 Win User

Rear Audio Jack Not Working at all

Hello Everyone

Last week I was changing my Graphiccard a few times to test another one and finally installed my old one back in. After I restarted my Computer all rear audio jacks as well as the front audio jacks stopped working. I can safely say, that it is not an issue with my Speakers.

I already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Realtek HD Audio drivers numerous times, everytime getting different results. Sometimes the Speakers are not visible at all on the choose audio output screen and sometimes they are, but they never seem to work. My Headset( Connected via USB) and my Monitor speakers( Connected via Dvi to HDMI Cable) work fine. There is also at all times the Realtek Digital Output listed, which I don't know the use of.

Rear Audio Jack Not Working at all [​IMG]

Inside the Realtek Audio Manager i can only choose options for the digital Output. When i chose to disable the front jack recognition inside the Manager the speakers would show up, but the test sound didnt give any sound whatsoever. However when plugging in headphones to the front green jack, the speakers started a deep humming sound. I could even control the volume of this sound with my computer volumesettings.

Here the front jacks arent visible because i disabled them, without any progress, in the bios.

I also had a look at the cables connecting the front jacks with the mothereboard and made sure there was no loose contact. The speakers are connected to the green audio jack. The volume on both the speakers and the pc is turned on. Before the change everything was working fine.

Is there any way, without buying a soundcard, that can fix my issue?

:)

Mast342, Jan 15, 2016
  2. atclamb Win User

Rear audio jack not working after upgrading to Windows 10

just updated from windows 8 to 10 and i dont have audio coming from the rear jack it worked before but not anymore i have beats audio that came with my computer but i dont se any setting to help in the program my computer is a hp with intel core proccesor
    thats all i really know about it

Original title: rear audio jack

atclamb, Jan 15, 2016
  3. Sound problems when upgrading from windows 7 to windows 10

I would like to add something I discovered when I had a sound problem on my desktop type computer (home built). I use a Soundblaster Z audio card with external powered speakers. The computer has both front and rear headphone/audio jacks. Windows 10 or
    the updated driver made the sound shut off even though all indications showed it was working. Unplugging the speaker connection from the rear jacks and plugging them back in, restored the sound.

I think something had switched the sound to the front jacks and this action restored it to the rear jacks. Just a note in case someone has this issue.

Justaguess, Jan 15, 2016
  4. fireberd Win User

If you have HDMI cable connected to the PC, Windows will automatically set the HDMI as default audio playback device and in that case the regular PC (Realtek in your case) audio out jacks will be disabled.

fireberd, Jan 15, 2016
  5. Mast342 Win User
    Thank you for your reply. Sadly this isnt the case, as i already tried testing my speakers with only a vga monitor plugged in. Additionally the speakers were, with the same setup, HDMI monitor connected, and before the graphiccard testing, just working fine.

Mast342, Jan 16, 2016
  6. topgundcp Win User
    Unless you are feeding the audio to an HDMI port or in some MB, there an optical jack then you would set to "Digital output". To feed the audio to the speakers. Right click on the speaker icon->Play Back devices and set Speakers as the default device.

topgundcp, Jan 16, 2016
  7. Mast342 Win User
    There is just this little problem:

My speakers aren't even showing up in here. With some uninstalling and reinstalling I sometimes got the speaker icon to show up there, but even then, setting them to standard device, i didn't get sound. Also the test sound was displayed with the green bars when testing, but still no sound.

Mast342, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Rear Audio Jack Not Working at all - Similar Threads - Rear Audio Jack

2. audio jack popup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    audio jack popup: I had an popup everytime when i plugged in a microphone or a headphone,one time i did it to not ask me and now i need it because i set it on headphones and now i need a microphone,how can i?...
  3. Computer's Audio Jacks Stopped Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer's Audio Jacks Stopped Working: The audio jacks stopped working and it is not a hardware problem. Multiple headsets do not get audio output from both of the audio jacks on the computer and the headsets are confirmed to be working, so it's the computer's problem. The audio output through a DisplayPort...
  4. Front audio jack

Front audio jack: I try all realtek driver version but no one's install or shows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/front-audio-jack/11349524-463a-4bdc-8318-41913b4e87e8
  5. Front Panel Audio Jack does not work.

Front Panel Audio Jack does not work.: Please can someone help? After reinstalling Windows 10 and completely restoring my PC the audio jack stopped working. In the sounds it has a speaker option for 1x Audio Jack -REAR PANEL 3x Audio Jack -HDMI inputs but nothing for front audio jack. i tested the audio jack...
  6. Windows 10 Won't Detect Microphone in Rear Jack

Windows 10 Won't Detect Microphone in Rear Jack: Up until a few days ago, my mic worked fine in the rear jack. The other night, my PC suddenly stopped being able to detect it from that jack. It will detect my headphones just fine from the back, but my microphone is shown as unplugged in my audio devices, even though it is...
  7. Audio Jack Issues

Audio Jack Issues: Hi anyone who views this, I have recently bought myself a studio microphone (Vonyx CMS400 Studio Set / Condenser Microphone with Stand and Pop Filter) and wasn't prepared to use it along with my speaker system (Logitec Z213). I went out and got an audio spliter that allows...
  8. Plug broke off in rear speaker jack: front headphone jack disabled now

Plug broke off in rear speaker jack: front headphone jack disabled now: On my desktop a 3.5mm plug broke off in my rear speaker out jack. And now when I try to use the front headphone jack it doesn't work. Did the broken plug in the rear disable the front headphone jack? Can anyone help with either problem? thanks! 114665
  9. audio/mic jack

audio/mic jack: i have a windows tablet with a dual headphones/microphone jack. i plug in a pair of earphones with a built in mic, the audio does come through the earphones but the mic is not used. the mic on the tablet is still being used. how can i get the mic on the earphones to work?...
  10. Microphone not working with combo audio jack

Microphone not working with combo audio jack: My laptop only has one combo audio/microphone jack, and I can't get the microphone to work at all. I just bought a new headset that came with an audio/microphone splitter specifically for the purpose of using it on this laptop. While the output works fine, the microphone...