Windows 10: Rear Audio Jacks Access Headaches

Discus and support Rear Audio Jacks Access Headaches in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; In the past I have tried to sort out how to feed an old set of analog speakers or analog mic into the backside audio jacks several times without... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mikeincousa, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Rear Audio Jacks Access Headaches

In the past I have tried to sort out how to feed an old set of analog speakers or analog mic into the backside audio jacks several times without success.

The speakers and mic work okay if I plug them into the front panel but not the back.

In the previous runs I went through the troubleshooting guides but nothing solved my problem.

I have found some new thoughts on the web. One speaks to an attached HDMI device. My monitor connects through the HDMI port.

I have a digital mic connected through a USB port: it works fine

None of the pages that I have reviewed speaks to any differences between the front and rear audio jacks, adding to my vexation..

I need full access to all three rear jacks for internal and external recording and listening.

Any thoughts will be appreciated.

Thanks

:)

mikeincousa, Sep 11, 2020
  2. Mast342 Win User

Rear Audio Jack Not Working at all

Hello Everyone

Last week I was changing my Graphiccard a few times to test another one and finally installed my old one back in. After I restarted my Computer all rear audio jacks as well as the front audio jacks stopped working. I can safely say, that it is not an issue with my Speakers.

I already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Realtek HD Audio drivers numerous times, everytime getting different results. Sometimes the Speakers are not visible at all on the choose audio output screen and sometimes they are, but they never seem to work. My Headset( Connected via USB) and my Monitor speakers( Connected via Dvi to HDMI Cable) work fine. There is also at all times the Realtek Digital Output listed, which I don't know the use of.

Rear Audio Jacks Access Headaches [​IMG]

Inside the Realtek Audio Manager i can only choose options for the digital Output. When i chose to disable the front jack recognition inside the Manager the speakers would show up, but the test sound didnt give any sound whatsoever. However when plugging in headphones to the front green jack, the speakers started a deep humming sound. I could even control the volume of this sound with my computer volumesettings.

Rear Audio Jacks Access Headaches [​IMG]

Here the front jacks arent visible because i disabled them, without any progress, in the bios.

I also had a look at the cables connecting the front jacks with the mothereboard and made sure there was no loose contact. The speakers are connected to the green audio jack. The volume on both the speakers and the pc is turned on. Before the change everything was working fine.

Is there any way, without buying a soundcard, that can fix my issue?

Mast342, Sep 11, 2020
  3. JOne24 Win User
    Windows 10 Realtek Audio rear analog jacks not working

I just upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1, and found I wasn't getting any audio from my speakers. My Realktek HD Audio manager can detect my analog speakers hook-up in the rear panel. I can hear audio from my front panel analog jacks with my regular
    speakers. I tried updating the audio drivers to 6.0.1.7541 from the Realtek site but still could not hear anything from my rear panel analog jacks (the front still work). Changing the frequency also did not work. (edit 8/2/2015) I went into sounds and checked
    properties for speakers/headphones, the default device. (edit 8/7/2015) It lists the front panel l/r jack and the rear panel l/r jack, along withthe other surround sound jacks (l/r rear, center sub, l/r side).

JOne24, Sep 11, 2020
  4. Dreadin Win User

Rear Audio Jacks Access Headaches

Windows 10 rear jack usage

I just "upgraded" from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 and now my rear audio jack no longer recognizes my headphones.

When i plug the headphones into the rear jack the list of sound devices shows them as "not plugged in" because it thinks headphones can only be plugged into the front jack. When i plug headphones into the front they work as intended but this is not an option
    for me.

Is there any way of changing which jacks are allowed to be compatible with headphones?

Or to add the rear jack as an option under the headphones device that is already there?

Dreadin, Sep 11, 2020
Thema:

Rear Audio Jacks Access Headaches

1. Rear Audio Jacks Access Headaches - Similar Threads - Rear Audio Jacks

2. Rear Audio Jack doesn't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Rear Audio Jack doesn't work: I bought new headphones, and for some reason when i connected them the rear green audio jack doesn't work. i have set it to "headphones" in the realtek audio console but it still doesn't seem to work. could anyone help me with this? i dont want to use a jack to usb adapter...
  3. No bass in rear audio jack

No bass in rear audio jack: I'm using driver Realtek HDA 6.0.9132.1 but this has been going on with earlier drivers too for some time. My front jack is damaged and I have to find the perfect position for it to work so I wanted to use the rear jack but it had NO bass at all compared to the front jack. I...
  4. Rear audio jack not working

Rear audio jack not working: I've tested different driver versions but it just doesn't work. It used to work sometime ago but not anymore. Update: it works with a different headphone but they have the exact same jack, and the one that doesnt work in the rear jack works in the front jack perfectly - - -...
  5. rear audio jack not working since update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    rear audio jack not working since update: The rear audio jack on my PC hasn't worked since a Windows update in early 2020. I've tried the recommended remedy of going to control panel, then 'sound' and checking on the volume which is fine, and nothing has worked. I'd greatly appreciate any help on this....
  6. No bass when using rear audio jack

No bass when using rear audio jack: My front jack is damaged and I was using the rear jack while I can't fix the front one But I noticed the lack of bass when using the read jack. What's the matter with this? I'm using realtek HDA drivers version 9071.1 but other versions have the same result Motherboard ASUS...
  7. Headphones into rear audio jack?

Headphones into rear audio jack?: Hello. The headphone input on the front of my PC is broken and I cannot use it anymore. No big deal I thought, I'll plug my headphones into the rear audio jack. Well... that ends up being a massive issue somehow. The back inputs seem to be coded differently, which makes the...
  8. help!! my rear audio jack doesnt work

in Windows 10 Customization
    help!! my rear audio jack doesnt work: in my front pair of jacks only audio works,but in the rear only the microphone works,i want to change my audio to the rear port.It shows me that no devices are pluged in even if my head set is plugged in,help,quick i dont know what to do...
  9. Rear audio jack

Rear audio jack: I was doing stuff on my computer, suddenly there was a loud pop and my sound is gone. I can still see my speakers, the troubleshooter comes back with literally nothing, my drivers are up to date and I restart my computer. The front audio jack does still work....
  10. Rear Audio Jack Not Working at all

Rear Audio Jack Not Working at all: Hello Everyone Last week I was changing my Graphiccard a few times to test another one and finally installed my old one back in. After I restarted my Computer all rear audio jacks as well as the front audio jacks stopped working. I can safely say, that it is not an issue...