Windows 10: Rear Camera Not Working - New Surface Pro

Discus and support Rear Camera Not Working - New Surface Pro in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there I can only access Front Facing Camera (ie can only use for FaceTime / Skype... rather than taking photos) I've tried uninstalling and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by FionaLeake, Aug 17, 2019.

1. Rear Camera Not Working - New Surface Pro

Hi there

I can only access Front Facing Camera (ie can only use for FaceTime / Skype... rather than taking photos)

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but nothing has worked so far.

I am not very tech savvy, so any help with baby words would be amazing!

Thanks in advance Rear Camera Not Working - New Surface Pro :)

Rear Camera Not Working - New Surface Pro 3a571463-1339-465d-b3a9-f4067410af0d?upload=true.png

Rear Camera Not Working - New Surface Pro f605a2d6-56da-41fa-8a8f-7e3da934dabd?upload=true.png

:)

FionaLeake, Aug 17, 2019

2. surface pro 4 rear camera not working

I have recently bought a surface pro 4 with the latest 10 windows pro installed, when i use the camera i can only see the front camera as there is no option to let me use the rear camera, i had someone from Microsoft remotely access it and they couldn't
    fix error. they said its maybe a hardware issue.

Has anyone had anything similar or can anyone advise me on how to get the rear camera to work?

Johnkiaruby, Aug 17, 2019
  3. Trouble taking photos using the rear camera on your Surface Pro 4 or Surface Book?

Hi all, Mike from the Camera team here!

We've received some reports that people using their new Surface Pro 4 or Surface Book can sometimes have trouble taking photos with the built-in Camera app when using the rear-facing cameras on their devices. If you think this could be affecting you, updating
    the Camera app should resolve your issue.

To do so, please follow these steps:

• Open the Store app
    • Click on your profile icon on the top right, next to the search bar
    • On the menu that appears, click "Downloads and updates"
    • Click the "Check for updates" button and install all available app updates
    After this, your Camera app should be updated to version 2015.1078.40.0 (or later), and you should be good to go.

We apologize if this caused you any inconveniences, and would like to re-iterate our commitment to a great camera experience across our entire family of Windows devices. Thanks for your patience!

Mike M - Windows Camera Team [MSFT], Aug 17, 2019
  4. N_ATX Win User

Rear Camera Not Working - New Surface Pro

Surface Pro 4 - Rear camera will not take pictures

Well this is frankly quite unacceptable.

For one of the most straight forward and expected functions in the surface pro 4 to not work out of the box.

I can open the Camera app, but when I click the camera button to capture the image, nothing happens.

Front facing camera works just fine, video recording does as well. Nothing happens with the rear camera in picture mode.

Its either a Windows 10 or Camera app bug...

If you got one of these, please try it as well.

N_ATX, Aug 17, 2019
Thema:

Rear Camera Not Working - New Surface Pro

1. Rear Camera Not Working - New Surface Pro - Similar Threads - Rear Camera Working

2. How to reinstall a driver for a rear facing camera for a Microsoft Surface Pro Go?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to reinstall a driver for a rear facing camera for a Microsoft Surface Pro Go?: My rear facing camera quit working and I uninstalled to driver but do not know how to install it back on the computer. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much....
  3. How to reinstall a driver for a rear facing camera for a Microsoft Surface Pro Go?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reinstall a driver for a rear facing camera for a Microsoft Surface Pro Go?: My rear facing camera quit working and I uninstalled to driver but do not know how to install it back on the computer. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much....
  4. How to reinstall a driver for a rear facing camera for a Microsoft Surface Pro Go?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Surface Pro 6 Camera not working

Surface Pro 6 Camera not working: I have a Surface Pro 6 and it's cameras are not working .I went into Device Manager and I found out that in System Devices the cameras were having problems such as, This device cannot start. Code 10 STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILUREand Device not migrated.Can someone please give me...
  6. Surface Pro 6 Cameras not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Pro 6 Cameras not working: Hello I have a Surface pro 6 with Windows 10 Enterprise. This thing has always worked great and I love it. I recently wiped the drive clean and did a fresh install and now my front and bac cameras do not work. It keeps saying STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE. I tried a recovery...
  7. Internal Front and Rear Camera Not Working Surface Pro Gen 5 Win 10

Internal Front and Rear Camera Not Working Surface Pro Gen 5 Win 10: I have downloaded the firmware for the Surface Pro Gen 5 Win 10, I've followed the horribly basic and uselessinstructions on https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13753/windows-10-camera-does-not-work, and have uninstalled the cameras and searched for new hardware using...
  8. For Surface Pro laptop: how to turn on the rear facing camera

For Surface Pro laptop: how to turn on the rear facing camera: For Surface Pro: how to turn on the rear facing camera. The front facing camera is the default and works fine. The camera app is supposed to offer the switch but mine doesn't. It doesn't seem to offer the option to switch despite the on-line instructions I've found....
  9. Surface Pro 6 Camera not working

Surface Pro 6 Camera not working: As of 10/29/2018 I received a new SfP-6. Everything is working except the camera, which I would like to use for Windows Hello. I have gone through and: 1. Made sure all the group policies and made sure everything for the camera is enabled 2. Validated within device...
  10. Front camera working but main (rear) camera is not

Front camera working but main (rear) camera is not: I updated to the latest drivers for Intel AVStream Camera on my tablet / laptop. After the update, only the front camera works now. Hope someone can help solve this problem. Thanks, Vic 36840

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot

2. front camera surface pro 7 not working

3. surfaceo pro rear camera not working

4. surface pro 6 webcam not working,
  5. rear camera on surface not showing,
  6. surface pro 6 camera issue