Windows 10: Rear microphone input not being detected

Discus and support Rear microphone input not being detected in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The microphone jack on the front of my PC seems to have stopped working completely and whenever I put a microphone input into it, a low buzz and static... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PNDA, Mar 12, 2020.

1. PNDA Win User

Rear microphone input not being detected

The microphone jack on the front of my PC seems to have stopped working completely and whenever I put a microphone input into it, a low buzz and static is present. I have used multiple headsets from friends with the same result so I am assuming that the front microphone jack is broken and not the headsets. Because of this, I have tried to switch to the microphone jack at rear of my PC but it isn't being detected at all and in the control panel it says that the device is unplugged. Is there a way to enable the rear mic input or fix this issue?

Audio works fine on both the front and the rear, my mic is the only problem.

If you need any extra information to fix this problem then let me know

:)

2. Jonatino Win User

Rear audio ports always show as “Not plugged in”

I've been having this issue with Windows for about a week now which NONE of the back panel/front panel connectors (speakers, microphone) are being recognized by Realtek audio manager. The only audio input/outputs that are showing are the optical.
    Troubling shooting steps I've tried (none worked):

• COMPLETELY uninstall all Realtek drivers/reinstall
    • Tried using windows drivers
    • Reinstall Windows 10
    • Upgraded chipset driver
    • sfc /scannow
    I called EVGA and asked for RMA but then I booted into a Ubuntu OS and all the ports work FINE. It must be a problem with windows 10.
    Can you think of any other troubling shooting step I can try to fix this annoying issue? Thanks!
    Screenshot of playback devices:

Rear microphone input not being detected [​IMG]

Screenshot of Realtek HD Audio Manager:

After looking in Device Manager under Audio inputs and outputs, I don't see any speaker/microphone listings, only the optical crap:

Jonatino, Mar 12, 2020
  3. Grant-M Win User
    Windows 10 Won't Detect Microphone in Rear Jack

Up until a few days ago, my mic worked fine in the rear jack. The other night, my PC suddenly stopped being able to detect it from that jack. It will detect my headphones just fine from the back, but my microphone is shown as unplugged in my audio devices,
    even though it is plugged in. Additionally, in the device properties, it only has the front jack listed. I have disabled devices showing in the recording devices manager so I know it's not just hidden. What exactly can be done about this?

Grant-M, Mar 12, 2020
  4. Rear microphone input not being detected

Cant Use Rear Jack For Microphone

I am using Dell Optiplex 780 with Windows 10 64 Bit on it.

When i try to connect my microphone to the rear panel i can see microphone is connected in Recording devices but i cant record audio.

I ca record audio if i connect it to the front panel.

I followed all steps mentioned at Rear panel not working, how to enable rear panel microphone?

But no help

RahulSharmaHere, Mar 12, 2020
Thema:

Rear microphone input not being detected

1. Rear microphone input not being detected - Similar Threads - Rear microphone input

2. Microphone Detected but no sound input detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone Detected but no sound input detected: - My PC has 2 3.5mm microphone jack inputs- Upon plugging any tested on other devices microphones into these jacks, my pc detects that they have been plugged in- However, when speaking, no sound input is detected- I have tried ALL options mentioned in this thread Microphone...
  3. Microphone Detected but no sound input detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone Detected but no sound input detected: - My PC has 2 3.5mm microphone jack inputs- Upon plugging any tested on other devices microphones into these jacks, my pc detects that they have been plugged in- However, when speaking, no sound input is detected- I have tried ALL options mentioned in this thread Microphone...
  4. Microphone Detected but no sound input detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microphone not being detected

Microphone not being detected: I've had my laptop acer swift SF114-32 for about four months now and have been having an issue with setting up my microphone. For some reason, no matter what I do, it will not recognize any microphone I plug into the aux-port. I've tried going into device manager, but it...
  6. Detected microphone but no input sound

Detected microphone but no input sound: [ATTACH][ATTACH] I have searched up many similar questions but cannot find the solution. I just built a new desktop PC with newly installed Windows 10. I am using a headphone splitter to connect my headset to the desktop front panel. Some things to note: - All drivers...
  7. Condenser microphone in rear Mic Input merges with the Line-in input so my microphone audio...

Condenser microphone in rear Mic Input merges with the Line-in input so my microphone audio...: TV is connected my Line-In port via 3.5mm Jack. This picks up my TV audio and I can listen to it by listening to the line in device. I have recently bought a small condenser mic that plugs into the Rear Mic Input Port. This microphone works as I have tested it without the...
  8. Input device is not being detected...

Input device is not being detected...: I have just gotten my new pc and just got everything ready when I realized that when I plug in my headphones and select headphones from waves, it's not also using the mic on it, and I went to troubleshoot on the virtual agent, and it installed a driver which now when I plug...
  9. Microphone detected but no input sound

Microphone detected but no input sound: Mic suddenly stopped working (it was working properly yesterday night). The input device is showing properly: [ATTACH] Windows even detects when I connect it to the front or the back jack. So it's being detected properly. Today I booted the computer and no sound was...
  10. Microphone detected, but no input signal.

Microphone detected, but no input signal.: I have been using a Yeti Blue microphone with my computer for years. The other day, I plugged in my PS4 controller to play games and immediately my microphone and speakers stopped working. After reading through forums, I found this to be because the controller has both a mic...