Windows 10: "Rearrange your displays" snaps to the wrong position.

Discus and support "Rearrange your displays" snaps to the wrong position. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; To see this illustrated, you will need to zoom in on this image.Once you have zoomed in, you will notice there is a 2 pixel high gap below my left and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MyMsTake, Dec 3, 2022.

1. MyMsTake Win User

"Rearrange your displays" snaps to the wrong position.

To see this illustrated, you will need to zoom in on this image.Once you have zoomed in, you will notice there is a 2 pixel high gap below my left and right monitor, despite them clearly lining up together in the "Rearrange your displays" settings window shown in the same screenshot.This is... I don't have words.When I slide my mouse from one monitor to the next, it will get caught at the bottom-left of my right side monitor, or the bottom right of my left side monitor. I used to arrange them slightly above their current positions in order to avoid this hitch, but this is very grating to me b

:)

MyMsTake, Dec 3, 2022
  2. Eann Win User

Wrong Position of Windows Taskbar For Both Display(Sometimes)

Good day, everyone. I had been use Win10 for few months and here is something confusing me.
    My windows taskbars have a weird position but they are not happening every-time. I had searched the web for solution but no results. (Seem like only I met this problem.*sarc)

Here the problem:
    I am using Asus ROG GL552VW with a NVDIA GEFORCE GTX960M graphics card. It is only happening when I connect to a second display.
    (since my laptop only implements with HDMI port, I had use the HDMI-VGA converter to connect my another monitor, I don't know whether this problem also happen when i connect it with HDMI monitor because I don't have a HDMI monitor around. *Tongue)

From my observation, it will happen in these few situations:
    -When my cursor stop on any display's taskbars
    -When I open Android Studio*Huh (But sometimes nothing happen too!)
    -Nothing had done and it just happen!

It will have this 4 types of results occuring:
    -Only second display's taskbar had a wrong position (Forgot to screenshot the image)
    -Only second display's wallpaper become streching (see the image), but the taskbar is alright. (Even the "Settings" is wrong size too)

"Rearrange your displays" snaps to the wrong position. [​IMG]

-Only second display's wallpaper become streching and the taskbar is wrong position too. (Forgot to screenshot the image too)
    -Both display's taskbars had wrong position

Anyone know the solutions????

Eann, Dec 3, 2022
  3. Eann Win User
    Wrong Position of Windows Taskbar For Both Display(Sometimes)

omg!*Eek I never know that the screen is drag-able!! I had drag it down in order to line up with the main display and the fit is already in fill option.

But... it is still unsolved....

Eann, Dec 3, 2022
  4. "Rearrange your displays" snaps to the wrong position.

Positions of multiple displays in Windows 10 - control panel doesn't allow fine adjustment

I use four displays at work. The windows 10 display control panel allows the user to "select and rearrange displays" but it does not offer fine-grained control over where those displays are positioned.

How display areas touch at, say, a corner, determines whether it is possible to move the mouse easily between them or whether the corner creates a 'trap' that the pointer can get stuck in.

Is there a solution to the problem that the display control panel likes to 'snap' the position of some of the displays into one that is not useful for me? I try to correct the problem but the display position far "overshoots" where I need it to be. I need something in the middle of the two positions that the control panel allows.

In the image you see below, it is hard to tell but a 'trap' was created in the lower-right of display 3, such that the pointer cannot travel from the corner of display 3 into display 1. The control panel does not allow me to line up the right edge of display 3 with the right edge of display 1. The pointer DOES travel from other areas of display 3 into display 1.

"Rearrange your displays" snaps to the wrong position. DsBIS.png

I realize not everyone is going to have my 'problems', please let's keep this discussion to what software does and does not do.

Edit, to those suggesting nvidia/AMD software
    The computer does not have an Nvidia or AMD graphics card. Does that software get the job done regardless of this fact? "Rearrange your displays" snaps to the wrong position. :)

user1445967, Dec 3, 2022
Thema:

"Rearrange your displays" snaps to the wrong position.

1. "Rearrange your displays" snaps to the wrong position. - Similar Threads - Rearrange displays snaps

2. Snap your windows ''snap with a mouse''

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snap your windows ''snap with a mouse'': Hello there, https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/snap-your-windows-885a9b1e-a983-a3b1-16cd-c531795e6241#WindowsVersion=Windows_10Snap with a mouse feature in windows 10 is not working. Does anyone know how to fix it? -multitasking snap in in system settings are...
  3. Snap your windows - ''snap with a mouse''

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snap your windows - ''snap with a mouse'': Hello there, I am trying to use the feature described here https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/snap-your-windows-885a9b1e-a983-a3b1-16cd-c531795e6241#WindowsVersion=Windows_10 To be more precise I am trying to use ''snap with mouse'' on my windows 10 machine, but...
  4. Snap your windows - ''snap with a mouse''

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snap your windows - ''snap with a mouse'': Hello there, I am trying to use the feature described here https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/snap-your-windows-885a9b1e-a983-a3b1-16cd-c531795e6241#WindowsVersion=Windows_10 To be more precise I am trying to use ''snap with mouse'' on my windows 10 machine, but...
  5. "Rearrange your displays" snaps to the wrong position.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Rearrange your displays" snaps to the wrong position.: To see this illustrated, you will need to zoom in on this image.Once you have zoomed in, you will notice there is a 2 pixel high gap below my left and right monitor, despite them clearly lining up together in the "Rearrange your displays" settings window shown in the same...
  6. "Rearrange your displays" snaps to the wrong position.

"Rearrange your displays" snaps to the wrong position.: To see this illustrated, you will need to zoom in on this image.Once you have zoomed in, you will notice there is a 2 pixel high gap below my left and right monitor, despite them clearly lining up together in the "Rearrange your displays" settings window shown in the same...
  7. Rearranging 2nd Display Doesn't Rearrange Icons

Rearranging 2nd Display Doesn't Rearrange Icons: My 2nd monitor is to the right of my main monitor. I have icons on that monitor. When I go to the office, my 2nd monitor is above my main monitor. But when I rearrange the 2nd display to be above, the desktop items don't follow. They just disappear. How do I rearrange the...
  8. Rearranging displays...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Rearranging displays...: First things first: Dell Optiplex, Windows 10 up to date, and two monitors attached via display port. Okay, now the question. Why can't I rearrange the monitors?! Windows has monitor #1 left as secondary and monitor #2 right as the main monitor. I want them switched. I...
  9. Improvements to the "Rearrange your displays" tool

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Improvements to the "Rearrange your displays" tool: I'd like to span a massive 8k image over my trip-tych of monitors, for it to look seemless both in the displayed image and the behaviour of the mouse. It's typical that multi-screen setups are likely to have different monitors with different pixel densities. This is something...
  10. Wrong Position of Windows Taskbar For Both Display(Sometimes)

in Windows 10 Support
    Wrong Position of Windows Taskbar For Both Display(Sometimes): Good day, everyone. I had been use Win10 for few months and here is something confusing me. My windows taskbars have a weird position but they are not happening every-time. I had searched the web for solution but no results. (Seem like only I met this problem.*sarc) Here...