Windows 10: Rearranging 2nd Display Doesn't Rearrange Icons

Discus and support Rearranging 2nd Display Doesn't Rearrange Icons in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My 2nd monitor is to the right of my main monitor. I have icons on that monitor. When I go to the office, my 2nd monitor is above my main monitor. But... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ChadLarson, Apr 12, 2022.

1. Rearranging 2nd Display Doesn't Rearrange Icons

My 2nd monitor is to the right of my main monitor. I have icons on that monitor. When I go to the office, my 2nd monitor is above my main monitor. But when I rearrange the 2nd display to be above, the desktop items don't follow. They just disappear. How do I rearrange the display and have the desktop items follow it? Right now they just get crammed into the main display.

:)

ChadLarson, Apr 12, 2022

2. Icons rearrangement

Hi Amin,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please try below steps and check if it helps to stop rearranging desktop icon automatically.

• Right click on desktop, click on View.
    • Uncheck Auto arrange icons.

For issue related Start menu check if it has set for full screen try to Off it.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Personalization.
    • Click on Start, turn Off Use Start full screen.

Hope this helps. Please reply if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Vardhaman Shetti, Apr 12, 2022
  3. Desktop icons rearrange at random

Hi,

In order for us to find out what causes your screen to go blank and rearrange the desktop icons, we would like to gather more information:

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • When did you start experiencing this issue?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, Apr 12, 2022
  4. m3lis Win User

Rearranging 2nd Display Doesn't Rearrange Icons

Desktop icons keep rearranging

Hello,

My desktop icons keep rearranging and windows explorer won't save the position I put them in.

I can rearrange them but when I click 'Refresh' or if I restart explorer or if I reboot they rearrange to another setup. This happens in both normal mode and safe mode.

I have tried all the solutions available on the internet with no luck, including the obvious ones (trying all the auto-arrange and grid options) and even some more complex ones (sfc, registry tweaks).

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thank you

m3lis, Apr 12, 2022
Thema:

Rearranging 2nd Display Doesn't Rearrange Icons

1. Rearranging 2nd Display Doesn't Rearrange Icons - Similar Threads - Rearranging 2nd Display

2. Rearranging 2nd Display Doesn't Rearrange Icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rearranging 2nd Display Doesn't Rearrange Icons: My 2nd monitor is to the right of my main monitor. I have icons on that monitor. When I go to the office, my 2nd monitor is above my main monitor. But when I rearrange the 2nd display to be above, the desktop items don't follow. They just disappear. How do I rearrange the...
  3. Rearranging 2nd Display Doesn't Rearrange Icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Rearranging 2nd Display Doesn't Rearrange Icons: My 2nd monitor is to the right of my main monitor. I have icons on that monitor. When I go to the office, my 2nd monitor is above my main monitor. But when I rearrange the 2nd display to be above, the desktop items don't follow. They just disappear. How do I rearrange the...
  4. Rearranging Icons Problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Rearranging Icons Problem: This happens randomly, so I tried to reproduce the issue in the video (0:16) https://streamable.com/w94ch6 It's stupid that I have to use third party application just for keeping icons in place... Where else can I report this so microsoft dev team can look this up? submitted...
  5. Rearranging displays...

Rearranging displays...: First things first: Dell Optiplex, Windows 10 up to date, and two monitors attached via display port. Okay, now the question. Why can't I rearrange the monitors?! Windows has monitor #1 left as secondary and monitor #2 right as the main monitor. I want them switched. I...
  6. Display Rearrangement bug

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Display Rearrangement bug: [ATTACH] Hi, 6 monitors are attached to this PC.Resolutions: 4x QHD, 1x UHD and 1x FHD For demonstration sake I only have the 4 QHD monitors connected. https://preview.redd.it/epc1fb526rb61.png?width=5128&format=png&auto=webp&s=44101914cb9db0d6c2c911ad88de7d82fc294705...
  7. Desktop Icons rearranging

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icons rearranging: I have a user who is using dual monitors and their desktop icons always revert back to the main monitor on restart. I logged in and moved icons around and restarted and everything was where i moved it. So this appears to be user specific. I am assuming their is something that...
  8. Icons rearrange on reboot

Icons rearrange on reboot: Hello, Ever since we have had users install 1909 update, there are some people who have issues with the icons on their desktop moving. They might move to a different row or column or they will move to a totally different screen that is not the main screen. I have looked into...
  9. Desktop display changed. Icons smaller and rearranged

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop display changed. Icons smaller and rearranged: Windows 10 1903 on a laptop. I don't recall doing anything intentionally but suddenly all the icons on my desktop have changed position and are much smaller in size. I checked Display settings and they are unchanged: (see screenshot) How can I restore the display? 139888
  10. rearrange icons on desktop

rearrange icons on desktop: On my Win 10 desktop I can move icons to any part of the grid with a left click-hold and drag. The setting is "Align icons to grid". My wife's Win 10 will not let the icon move at all. What needs to change...