Windows 10: rearranging photos

Discus and support rearranging photos in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I simply want to rearrange a large number of photos in a given folder in "file explorer". It appears that is not possible in Windows Explorer but is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Steve - Littleton, Nov 30, 2020.

1. rearranging photos

I simply want to rearrange a large number of photos in a given folder in "file explorer". It appears that is not possible in Windows Explorer but is a capability of One Drive?

Moved from: Microsoft 365 and Office Unknown/other Windows 10 Microsoft 365 Family

:)

Steve - Littleton, Nov 30, 2020
  2. Karen Her Win User

Windows Photo Gallery with One drive switched off

Thank you for the information. Just to verify, are you trying to do it using the OneDrive Desktop App or is it through OneDrive.com?

If you are using the OneDrive Desktop App, we suggest you to try it on OneDrive.com, and follow the steps below to rearrange your files:

• Browse to the folder with the files or photos you want to rearrange.
    • Tap or click Sort, and then choose Rearrange.
    • If prompted, install Microsoft Silverlight.
    • Arrange the files or photos by dragging them in the order you want them to appear.
    • Tap or click Save sort order.

Let us know how it goes.

Karen Her, Nov 30, 2020
  3. becca Win User
    Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10  

Thanks! I tried it, but it doesn't seem to be working for me. I'm sure it's probably something I did on my end....

I tried the 'undo' but photo viewer was still there after I did that. I did step #3 again and it's still the same. I can still rearrange, but can't view in that order. I don't see the photo viewer listed twice under 'open with'.

Any insights? Thanks!

becca, Nov 30, 2020
  4. rearranging photos

Rearrange Photos

Is there a way to rearrange the photos I've added to an album? For example: I seem to be unable to click-and-drag a photo from the middle of an album and place it anywhere I'd like. Seems like a huge flaw for an app with a slideshow feature.

ErikMiller1, Nov 30, 2020
Thema:

rearranging photos

1. rearranging photos - Similar Threads - rearranging photos

2. Rearranging account priories

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Rearranging account priories: When I purchased Microsoft, I made a new account. This is because my old account was set up by a third party. When creating this new account, the system saw the old account and created the new account as a child of the old account. How do I Make the New child account my main...
  3. When I switch to a different desktop, all my taskbar programs get rearranged at random

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I switch to a different desktop, all my taskbar programs get rearranged at random: This is extremely annoying. I constantly switch between desktops by pressing Ctrl+Windows+ArrowKey, and it makes it so that if I set up an order on my taskbar icons and swap desktops, the order shuffles at random, and sometimes the taskbar icons become invisible. I really...
  4. When I switch to a different desktop, all my taskbar programs get rearranged at random

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I switch to a different desktop, all my taskbar programs get rearranged at random: This is extremely annoying. I constantly switch between desktops by pressing Ctrl+Windows+ArrowKey, and it makes it so that if I set up an order on my taskbar icons and swap desktops, the order shuffles at random, and sometimes the taskbar icons become invisible. I really...
  5. I cant rearrange the order of my photos inside a folder. I used to be able to slide one...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant rearrange the order of my photos inside a folder. I used to be able to slide one...: I can't rearrange the order of my photos inside a folder. I used to be able to drag one picture between others to change the order but not any more.Now when I try to drag a picture a box shape icon appears but I cannot move the picture....
  6. I cant rearrange the order of my photos inside a folder. I used to be able to slide one...

I cant rearrange the order of my photos inside a folder. I used to be able to slide one...: I can't rearrange the order of my photos inside a folder. I used to be able to drag one picture between others to change the order but not any more.Now when I try to drag a picture a box shape icon appears but I cannot move the picture....
  7. rearranging scannned photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    rearranging scannned photos: I am trying to rearrange scanned old photos in groups in the same file eg from young to marriage days in windows 10 how can I achieve this task . I am pulling my hair out try a few things...
  8. How do I keep Microsoft from rearranging the order on photos I want to burn onto a CD?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I keep Microsoft from rearranging the order on photos I want to burn onto a CD?: This is crazy! I have a burn list in the order I want it (I am copying jpg files, but I expect this is an issue for any kind of file). I press burn, and Microsoft burns it in their own way. What can be done about this?...
  9. how to rearrange photos in the windows 10 app

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    how to rearrange photos in the windows 10 app: I would like to move some photos to a different location in the windows 10 photo app. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-rearrange-photos-in-the-windows-10-app/b04a3cd5-30b6-4e4d-8b15-af3138793978"
  10. Photos (rearrange order of presentation in an album)

Photos (rearrange order of presentation in an album): I find working with photos in windows very difficult. how do i simply rearrange/sort photos in and album? Simple Click and drag doesn't work. thanks...