Windows 10: Reason for HDR not working in Windows 10?

Discus and support Reason for HDR not working in Windows 10? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I click to turn on "HDR and WCG" in Display/Settings I get a 'Do You Wish To Keep New Settings Or Revert' message but regardless of what I do it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ivad1, May 27, 2020.

1. ivad1 Win User

Reason for HDR not working in Windows 10?

When I click to turn on "HDR and WCG" in Display/Settings I get a 'Do You Wish To Keep New Settings Or Revert' message but regardless of what I do it HDR remains turned off with no error message saying that that HDR cant work on my computer or the reason why.

Now my assumption is it doesnt work because I use a DVI to HDMI converter to connect my pc to my monitor but if I go todxdiag I get this message which tells me that HDR should work

"Display Devices
    ---------------
    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip type: GeForce GTX 750 Ti
    DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
    Device Type: Full Device POST
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1380&SUBSYS_105F10DE&REV_A2
    Device Status: 0180200A [DN_DRIVER_LOADEDDN_STARTEDDN_DISABLEABLEDN_NT_ENUMERATORDN_NT_DRIVER]
    Device Problem Code: No Problem
    Driver Problem Code: Unknown
    Display Memory: 10170 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 2007 MB
    Shared Memory: 8162 MB
    Current Mode: 3840 x 2160 32 bit 60Hz
    HDR Support: Supported
    Display Topology: Internal
    Display Color Space: DXGI_COLOR_SPACE_RGB_FULL_G22_NONE_P709
    Color Primaries: Red0.659680,0.340344, Green0.244641,0.670422, Blue0.130383,0.040539, White Point0.313000,0.329602
    Display Luminance: Min Luminance = 0.010000, Max Luminance = 1499.000000, MaxFullFrameLuminance = 799.000000
    Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
    Monitor Model: SAMSUNG
    Monitor Id: SAM0DF7
    Native Mode: 3840 x 2160p 60.000Hz
    Output Type: DVI
    Monitor Capabilities: HDR Supported BT2020RGB BT2020YCC Eotf2084Supported
    Display Pixel Format: DISPLAYCONFIG_PIXELFORMAT_32BPP
    Advanced Color: AdvancedColorSupported "

Can someone explain to me if all I need is a new graphics card with a hdmi port or is there some other problem.

:)

ivad1, May 27, 2020
  2. R-T-B Win User

HDR Washed out on Windows 10

That was suggested in post number 3 I thought?

R-T-B, May 27, 2020
  3. HDR Washed out on Windows 10

I have a Sammy 4k HDR TV as a PC monitor. HDR works wonderfully with supported games. You want to switch the tv from PC mode though by selecting "edit" and then select bluray. Now HDR works as intended. Anytime an HDR signal is present the TV works fine. Do not activate it in windows 10. that doesn't work right.

This might not work for your TV but it is a known documented fix for mine.

WhiteNoise, May 27, 2020
  4. Reason for HDR not working in Windows 10?

HDR Washed out on Windows 10

Aha yeah must've not read close enough. But yes it works somewhat, just wish every game would include a toggle for HDR if they support it though.

BlackAzrael, May 27, 2020
Thema:

Reason for HDR not working in Windows 10?

1. Reason for HDR not working in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Reason HDR working

2. Windows 11 HDR shortcut not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 HDR shortcut not working: Hi all,I just did a clean format of my computer and re-installed Win 11. While most everything is in it's right place, the HDR shortcut Win + Alt + B does not toggle HDR mode on/off. I've read that that some people have opened up Xbox Game Bar and the shortcut began to work...
  3. Windows 11 HDR shortcut not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 HDR shortcut not working: Hi all,I just did a clean format of my computer and re-installed Win 11. While most everything is in it's right place, the HDR shortcut Win + Alt + B does not toggle HDR mode on/off. I've read that that some people have opened up Xbox Game Bar and the shortcut began to work...
  4. Windows HDR and HDR certifications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows HDR and HDR certifications: In my laptop display settings I have HDR capability however with the Sony HDR Bravia X9055RJ television I use as a monitor it tells me the HDR certification is missing. I purchased this TV directly from Sony so I contacted, or rather was contacted by, Sony support who told me...
  5. Windows HDR and HDR certifications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows HDR and HDR certifications: In my laptop display settings I have HDR capability however with the Sony HDR Bravia X9055RJ television I use as a monitor it tells me the HDR certification is missing. I purchased this TV directly from Sony so I contacted, or rather was contacted by, Sony support who told me...
  6. Issues HDR with windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issues HDR with windows 10: HiI'm having a trouble with my Samsung Odyssey G7, SDR looks much better then HDR.I'm running: i9 9900K with RTX2080ti, latest drivers and windows updates Win ver. 21H1 / OS buil 19043.985DxDiag info:Monitor Capabilities: HDR Supported BT2020RGB BT2020YCC Eotf2084Supported...
  7. HDR with windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    HDR with windows 10: HiI'm having a trouble with my Samsung Odyssey G7, SDR looks much better then HDR.I'm running: i9 9900K with RTX2080ti, latest drivers and windows updates Win ver. 21H1 / OS buil 19043.985DxDiag info:Monitor Capabilities: HDR Supported BT2020RGB BT2020YCC Eotf2084Supported...
  8. HDR Capable Monitor and Windows 10 aren't working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HDR Capable Monitor and Windows 10 aren't working: I recently brought the newly released Asus XG32VC monitor and love it. Now with this monitor HDR works fine and how it is supposed to be on SRGB mode but if I select Racing mode and turn HDR on, my screen gets a yellow tint over it which I can't get rid of. I have done lots...
  9. Windows 10 HDR issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 HDR issue: submitted by /u/Bhaelros [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l9zvkq/windows_10_hdr_issue/
  10. windows 10 and HDR

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    windows 10 and HDR: i have the creators update and HDR ready hardware. i want to play a full UHD BR rip. i'm using media player classic home cinema and madVR. should i be using RGB full in the nvidia control panel or one of the ycbcr settings? when i wanted to play an HDR game i had to use ycbcr...