Windows 10: Reason for suspicious login alert

Discus and support Reason for suspicious login alert in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I just received an email We think that someone else might have accessed the Microsoft account *******@****.***. When this happens, we require you... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by luluQR, Feb 20, 2019.

1. luluQR Win User

Reason for suspicious login alert

Hi, I just received an email

We think that someone else might have accessed the Microsoft account *******@****.***. When this happens, we require you to verify your identity with a security challenge and then change your password the next time you sign in.If someone else has access to your account, they have your password and might be trying to access your personal information or send junk email.

If you haven't already recovered your account, we can help you do it now.

I changed password and activated two-step auth (I activated microsoft auth app before but not 2-step auth apparently). And I checked recent activity (after the password reset) and I did not find anything unusual (IPs and devices are the ones I use) .

Is there a way of knowing why I received such email (someone actually logged-in ?) ? and to know what kind of info they accessed (if any) ?

why I received an email saying that someone else has logged-in into my microsoft account. What kind of info did the person accessed ? Why are you giving this alert ?

:)

luluQR, Feb 20, 2019

2. suspicious login attempt

Where do I find the Consumer Complaint Form? The notification from Microsoft about a suspicious login attempt suggests that I fill out and submit same.

Jim Thomas56, Feb 20, 2019
  3. Billy Med Win User
    Emergency Alerts

Hi Stephanie,

Just to confirm, is this the same thing that you tried on your phone, in order to turn off Amber Alerts?

• Open Settings.
    • Tap on System.
    • Tap on Messaging.
    • Tap on the Change emergency alert settings link.
    • Turn on or off the emergency alerts you want.

Let us know if this was the same thing that you tried.

We would also suggest to reset your phone after doing these steps to ensure that the changes on your phone's settings will be refreshed.

Simply press and hold the Power and Volume down button for 15 seconds and then release your hold afterwards.

Billy Med, Feb 20, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Feb 20, 2019
Thema:

1. Reason for suspicious login alert - Similar Threads - Reason suspicious login

2. Powershell using up high ram suspiciously for no reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Powershell using up high ram suspiciously for no reason: From a month or so I have seen powershell pop up suddenly on my computer screen and then just go away. I thought it was some internal process and at start there were 4-5 powershell processes in task manager occupying around 40mb each. Later after 30mins - 1hour or so each is...
  3. Powershell using up high ram suspiciously for no reason

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Powershell using up high ram suspiciously for no reason: From a month or so I have seen powershell pop up suddenly on my computer screen and then just go away. I thought it was some internal process and at start there were 4-5 powershell processes in task manager occupying around 40mb each. Later after 30mins - 1hour or so each is...
  4. Suspicious activity on network and suspicious something

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Suspicious activity on network and suspicious something: Suspicious He made temp and try send somewhere Regards Jakub https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/suspicious-activity-on-network-and-suspicious/9cc70962-09f3-4d8e-821c-3256bf32ceef
  5. Trojan alert message when login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Trojan alert message when login: when logging in, received message: "Trojan Spyware Alert: Error Code #0x898778. PC access blocked, Call support at 1-930-200-9432." Call drops immediately after connecting! [Original Title: Trojan alert]...
  6. login password into windows changed for no reason?

login password into windows changed for no reason?: Hello, i have windows 10 home edition. This morning, i tried to login into my computer windows login to desktop and it said the password was wrong not the pin password. So i proceeded to click on the "forgot password?" link on the login screen and it prompted me to change it...
  7. My login information changed for no reason

in Windows 10 Customization
    My login information changed for no reason: I have multiple computers in my home. We have our own MS login and accounts. Today I log into my desktop and my husband's information is on there. His log in information. His background picture and colors. They took over my computer. I went to settings and saw his name and...
  8. Suspicious

Suspicious: Sometimes I feel that there is suspicious activity going on, there are some things in my computer files that I cant go into, (files that I didn't download) it asks for a password, but if I didn't put it on here, how am im going to know that password? There are some things...
  9. Windows Security Centre and ByteFence alerting on threats and suspicious activities.

Windows Security Centre and ByteFence alerting on threats and suspicious activities.: Hi, recently I've been receiving lots of alerts from Windows on "threats found" and also alot of ByteFence suspicious action detected. The ByteFence alert note pops every 4 minutes when Im using the computer. The ByteFence alert says exactly this:...
  10. Suspicious or Not?

Suspicious or Not?: Received the following from L: unmonitored@microsoft.com:- "We recently received a request to recover your Microsoft account L: sellickd@hotmail.com. Unfortunately, our automated system has determined that the information you provided was not sufficient for us to validate...