Windows 10: Reason why virus protection doesn't update mostly?

Discus and support Reason why virus protection doesn't update mostly? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; whenever the virus asks for a update it never checks for a update its checking forever and never does anything but recently i might have discovered... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by EmbryThePopplio, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Reason why virus protection doesn't update mostly?

whenever the virus asks for a update it never checks for a update its checking forever and never does anything

but recently i might have discovered every time it needs a update there's a window update mostly there as well, after the update the security protection is updated as well? so why am i getting updated for the security protection instead of the windows update itself

:)

EmbryThePopplio, Jul 30, 2020
  2. 7MM
    7mm Win User

Virus Protection

I'd Suggest You Better Skip The Idea of Using Those Security Suites. Better Use Some Free To Use Yet HIghly Rated For VIrus Protection Engines. Here's What I Suggest Top Three...

1. Avira AntiVir Personal Classic Edition
    2. Avast! Home Edition
    3. AVG Free

Avira Is Found To Trigger Less False Alarms Than Anyother AV (Even Paid Don't Have That Kind'a Accuracy), & Is Much Better Than some of The Paid Ones. Next Is Avast!, For It's Individual Scanner Protection & It's Unique VRDB (Virus Recovery Database) Feature.

If You're Looking For Firewall Protection Then Again, The Free Stuff Come To The Rescue.

1. ZoneAlarm Free
    2. Comodo Firewall Pro.
    3. PC Tools Firewall

We All Know How Good ZA Firewall Can Be..! Comodo Has Passed All The Leak Test That Can Be Serious For Your System Security. PC Tools Is Not New To The Scene Here, Still Has Very Good Firewall With Less Questions Asked, Recomended For NewBie.

3. how to enable virus protection in windows 10

As i had turned off the virus protection option for some reason. Now i'm unable to turn on the virus protection option. Suggest me some suitable ways to turn on the option !!

prasannarajan, Jul 30, 2020
  4. Reason why virus protection doesn't update mostly?

Nonstop alerts about virus protection

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the operating system with the security notification on your device. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• Have you installed any third-party anti-virus software on your device?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • What is the complete error code/ error message of this issue?
    • When exactly you get this error pop-up?

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: If you have installed any third-party anti-virus software, I suggest you to disable it and check if it issue persists.

NOTE: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software,
    you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to uninstall the third-party anti-virus software.

Step 2: I suggest you to run Windows Defender on your device and check if it helps.

Windows Defender is malware protection that is included with and built into Windows 10. This software helps identify and remove viruses, spyware, and other malicious software. So, you do not need to install any third party antivirus applications.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/getstarted-protect-your-pc

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

Reason why virus protection doesn't update mostly?

1. Reason why virus protection doesn't update mostly? - Similar Threads - Reason why virus

2. why do I have continuous warning by the Virus and Threat Protection with no apparent reason?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why do I have continuous warning by the Virus and Threat Protection with no apparent reason?: Hello all.I have had this for a week now. The Virus and Threat Protection always showing red warning with a message There may be threats on your device.Reviewing the files concerned, actually they not in my PC at all.It won't respond to clicking the action-remove.It won't...
  3. why do I have continuous warning by the Virus and Threat Protection with no apparent reason?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why do I have continuous warning by the Virus and Threat Protection with no apparent reason?: Hello all.I have had this for a week now. The Virus and Threat Protection always showing red warning with a message There may be threats on your device.Reviewing the files concerned, actually they not in my PC at all.It won't respond to clicking the action-remove.It won't...
  4. why do I have continuous warning by the Virus and Threat Protection with no apparent reason?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. how to update virus protection

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    how to update virus protection: having a problem for updating my software https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-update-virus-protection/5543b9d3-3baa-4926-8fd8-91d883de079f
  6. update anti virus protection

update anti virus protection: update anti virus protection https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/update-anti-virus-protection/2bfbafc1-1075-4f4c-b522-0771fbb902ed
  7. Can't update Virus protection

Can't update Virus protection: Good day My System centre security endpoint protection does not complete the update? What is the problem is it blocked? Status potentially unprotected. Thank you...
  8. How to update virus protection

How to update virus protection: can't update windows defender virus protection https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-to-update-virus-protection/bc83614f-b03e-40a3-a26f-2b85ee5fbc2c
  9. VIRUS AND THREAT PROTECTION UPDATE

VIRUS AND THREAT PROTECTION UPDATE: I've been trying to update this VP for about 2 weeks and still it doesn't up date. What needs to be done. Please advise a solution....
  10. VIRUS AND THREAT PROTECTION UPDATE

VIRUS AND THREAT PROTECTION UPDATE: I've been trying to update this VP for about 2 weeks and still it doesn't up date. What needs to be done. Please advise a solution....