Windows 10: Reasoning why not keeping windows up to date causes most issues

Discus and support Reasoning why not keeping windows up to date causes most issues in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Been working in a IT Role of the last 6 months or so I find that to half any IT issues is usually fixed with simply seeing windows has not been updated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Whelan189, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Whelan189 Win User

Reasoning why not keeping windows up to date causes most issues

Been working in a IT Role of the last 6 months or so I find that to half any IT issues is usually fixed with simply seeing windows has not been updated and doing an updates rectifies the issue.

Why does this happen?

From most people' perspectives they would think microsoft force issues to make sure you keep up to date for various reasons. I'm sure this can be debugged but would like to get better understanding on why and application will work one day and no changed occur yet it stops working till windows is updated?

Many thanks

:)

Whelan189, Nov 15, 2018

2. "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly", when try to run hitman

Hi Dale,

Corrupted game data and an outdated version of the game are possible reasons as to why you're encountering this issue. For us to determine the root cause of this issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any changes to your device before encountering this issue?
    • Have you tried playing other games to check if the same issue occurs?

Meanwhile, we suggest keeping your Windows 10 PC up-to-date. Refer to
    How to get software and driver updates for Windows 10
    for the steps.

To search if there are updates available for the game, kindly visit the
    Steam's website

Catherine Cus., Nov 15, 2018
  3. Outlook Out of date Settings

Hello Christine,

As the above description is not clear provide additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• Are you referring to Office Outlook (Mail client version)/ Mail app/ Windows Live Mail?
    • What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?
    • What is the exact issues you are facing?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue?

If you are referring to Windows Mail app, let us try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if there are any updates for Mail app in Windows Store. If found try to update the app.

Step 2: I suggest you to run Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter,
    troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Refer: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Step 3: I suggest you to check with the system Date, time and Time zone
    is set correct.

Follow the steps to set the date and time:

• Type Date and Time in the search bar.
    • Click Change date and time button.
    • Click Apply and Ok to save the date and time.
    Note: Click on the Time Zone tab to check the Time Zone.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with the required information for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 15, 2018
  4. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Nov 15, 2018
Thema:

1. Reasoning why not keeping windows up to date causes most issues - Similar Threads - Reasoning why keeping

2. Keeping Installation Media Up to date.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keeping Installation Media Up to date.: When I purchase Window 11 on a USB or a DVD boxed versions , I get the current version of Windows at that moment in time. As time goes on, newer versions are released and sold, but I still have the older outdated release. I understand that if I need to re-install again later,...
  3. Keeping Installation Media Up to date.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keeping Installation Media Up to date.: When I purchase Window 11 on a USB or a DVD boxed versions , I get the current version of Windows at that moment in time. As time goes on, newer versions are released and sold, but I still have the older outdated release. I understand that if I need to re-install again later,...
  4. Failed to keep windows up-to-date

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Failed to keep windows up-to-date: Failed to keep windows up-to-dateMy PC failed to keep windows up-to-date, *My PC have been a part of beta test plan of Microsoft but not now.*The update surface in setting just keep loading and empty.*I can't install any software from Microsoft Store since my PD failed to...
  5. Most recent Windows update is causing issues!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Most recent Windows update is causing issues!: Since the most recent Windows update I am experiencing a couple issues: 1. Each and every time I boot up my computer, once it gets to the desktop, Windows Security prompts me to verify it's me. [ATTACH] 2. None of my browser/site passwords and logins are being saved any...
  6. Reason why virus protection doesn't update mostly?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Reason why virus protection doesn't update mostly?: whenever the virus asks for a update it never checks for a update its checking forever and never does anything but recently i might have discovered every time it needs a update there's a window update mostly there as well, after the update the security protection is updated...
  7. Why was I not up to date ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why was I not up to date ?: I'm running windows 10 home and I had no need to update notifications. However, I just tried to install docker and I was made aware i needed to force an update from may. I was just wondering why the update didn't go through. submitted by /u/Toopad [link] [comments]...
  8. Windows Edge - not most up-to-date version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Edge - not most up-to-date version: Hi I am on the most up-to-date version of Windows10 but not the most up-to-date version of Windows Edge. The updates on my PC are carried out automatically and so I don't see how this has happened. Can you help? Many thanks J...
  9. Storage keeps filling up for no reason

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Storage keeps filling up for no reason: This is a real problem I am having - Whenever I have about 210 MB left on my hard disk, the storage just fills itself up to like 16.9 MB. I did not save anything or download anything that time. Can someone help? 134743
  10. Why's The "Date Modified", "Date Created", etc. Tabs Not Up To 'Date'?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why's The "Date Modified", "Date Created", etc. Tabs Not Up To 'Date'?: Pun. Just curious... Why not: "Date & Time Modified"? Whatever happened to Time? It flew by so quick... *Huh [img] 95273