Windows 10: Reassign account to New Administrator

Discus and support Reassign account to New Administrator in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; how do I reassign my old laptop to another person as administrator..??? I would like to give my laptop that has windows 10 on it to my friend as the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Jenine Yannucciello, Jun 15, 2019.

1. Reassign account to New Administrator

how do I reassign my old laptop to another person as administrator..???

I would like to give my laptop that has windows 10 on it to my friend as the new adminstrator of the acccount, and take my family group off any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Jenine Yannucciello, Jun 15, 2019
  2. Anna Bon Win User

Reassign shorcut

Let us perform some other process. You can reassign some keys to access different commands, shortcuts, or Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center features to better fit your work style.

Please note that the options listed in this wizard vary depending on the key selected. For example, since you cannot reassign the Windows key, the only option available is to disable it. To reassign a key, please follow the steps below:

• Using the keyboard that you want to configure, start Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center.
    • From the displayed list of key names, select the key you want to reassign.
    • In the command list of the key that you want to reassign, select a command.

Let us know the outcome of the steps provided.

Thank you.

Anna Bon, Jun 15, 2019
  3. angus Win User
    Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Jun 15, 2019
  4. Reassign account to New Administrator

Unable to change my account type to Administrator and cant create a new account.

Hi Aadil,

I suggest you to activate Default Administrator and try creating a new Account with Administrative privileges. Try the below steps and check if you can create a new Account.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin).

• Type the following command and hit
      Enter:

net user administrator /active:yes

Now, sign out from the current account and you will be able to see a new Administrator account. Sign in to the new Administrator Account and you may create
    a new user account
    with administrative privileges. You can also change the current local user account to Administrator Account. Follow the below steps to change the current local user account to Administrator Account.

• Begin by right-clicking the
      Start Icon of Windows, then click Control Panel.

• Then under User Accounts and Family Safety, click
      Change Account Type.

• Then choose the account you wish to change, and double-click it.

• Then click on Change Account Type.

• Then choose the Account Type you want the user to be, you can choose between Standard and Administrator.

• Click on Change Account Type.

After creating the new user account or changing the current account to Administrator Account, use the following command at the command prompt (as mentioned above) to disable the default administrator account:

net user administrator /active:no

Let us know if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Jun 15, 2019
Thema:

Reassign account to New Administrator

1. Reassign account to New Administrator - Similar Threads - Reassign account Administrator

2. OneNote for Windows 10 - reassignment of email account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneNote for Windows 10 - reassignment of email account: I have an old email linked to my OneNote for Windows 10, how do I reassign that to my new email?On my laptop, I have two Notebooks : Personal and WorkMy Personal Notebook is linked to an old email account that I no longer have access to. How can I change this Notebook to my...
  3. OneNote for Windows 10 - reassignment of email account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneNote for Windows 10 - reassignment of email account: I have an old email linked to my OneNote for Windows 10, how do I reassign that to my new email?On my laptop, I have two Notebooks : Personal and WorkMy Personal Notebook is linked to an old email account that I no longer have access to. How can I change this Notebook to my...
  4. OneNote for Windows 10 - reassignment of email account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Reassigning touchpad buttons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reassigning touchpad buttons: Hi! Does anyone know if it's possible to reassign the touchpad buttons on a laptop? I use a bluetooth mouse and would therefore like to use the touchpads left and right buttons with my thumb for something else. But I can't seem to find a solution for this. It could be that...
  6. Administrator account named "Administrator"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administrator account named "Administrator": I have a administrator account named Administrator How do I delete it the remove account option is missing and I only have change password option I have my own administrator account under my own name however I cannot delete the admin account named administrator....
  7. Reassigning Monitor ID's

Reassigning Monitor ID's: [ATTACH] Windows derped when I replaced a monitor that died today and reassigned the monitor ID's. Normally this shouldn't be an issue however, the monitor now ID'd as 2, which was 3, is an aging display that can't reproduce colors very well. This is important as some of...
  8. Reassign computer to another preson

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reassign computer to another preson: I have a computer Windows 10 which has my two accounts work & private on it, with data for both accounts stored online. I want to reassign the computer to another user not me, for them to use as a work computer. I could reformat it, but Windows is up to date so that would be...
  9. Can't install new programs on administrator account

Can't install new programs on administrator account: For some reason I have to run lots of programs as administrator or otherwise they don't function well; have problems with writing privileges. My user account has administrator rights so why is it not working? If I look for example at the Security tab of the Program Files...
  10. Change to a New Administrator Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Change to a New Administrator Account: I have purchased a laptop from a friend. Just prior to my purchase Windows 10 got loaded. The compter has one account which is an administrator account. I think that the same account information is used as a login to Microsoft. I would like to remove the account and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reassign computer to new user

2. reassigning account windows 10

3. reassign account administrator

4. reassign laptop to new user,
  5. how do i reassign administrator on my pc,
  6. how to reassign keys on windows 8.1,
  7. how to reasign access windows,
  8. how do i reassig administator in windows 2010 2020,
  9. how to reassign laptop to new user,
  10. reassign adminitstrator from laptop windows 10,
  11. reassighn administrator,
  12. how to reassign computer,
  13. reassign administrator windows 10,
  14. reasign new administrator,
  15. Reassign your local admin account back as the “Administrator”.