Windows 10: Reassigning keys on Windows 10

Discus and support Reassigning keys on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; As some might have noticed, the semi-colon ";" and apostrophe " ' " are the wrong way around on the QWERTY keyboard. This is because in English we use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by porridge, Apr 21, 2019.

1. porridge Win User

Reassigning keys on Windows 10

As some might have noticed, the semi-colon ";" and apostrophe " ' " are the wrong way around on the QWERTY keyboard. This is because in English we use the apostrophe in just about every sentence but we rarely use the semi-colon, and yet the semi-colon is closer to the centre of the keyboard. This means that when typing very fast you get don;t and can;t instead of don't and can't etc.

I have corrected this problem on Word via autocorrect, but this does not help me when typing emails or online etc . I would be very grateful if someone can show me if it;s (oops) it's possible to do this, especially via autocorrect if possible rather than complex keyboard changes.

Thank you so much!

:)

porridge, Apr 21, 2019
  2. Anna Bon Win User

Reassign shorcut

Let us perform some other process. You can reassign some keys to access different commands, shortcuts, or Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center features to better fit your work style.

Please note that the options listed in this wizard vary depending on the key selected. For example, since you cannot reassign the Windows key, the only option available is to disable it. To reassign a key, please follow the steps below:

• Using the keyboard that you want to configure, start Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center.
    • From the displayed list of key names, select the key you want to reassign.
    • In the command list of the key that you want to reassign, select a command.

Let us know the outcome of the steps provided.

Thank you.

Anna Bon, Apr 21, 2019
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Reassign Space-Backspace Key

Hello Alex,

Thank you for posting your question on Microsoft community.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue.

I would suggest you to refer this Microsoft help article to reassign Keys and check if it helps.

Refer:

How do I reassign hot keys for my keyboard?

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/help/support/how-to/keyboard/reassign-keys

I hope this information helps.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

Arul_D, Apr 21, 2019
  4. Reassigning keys on Windows 10

windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Apr 21, 2019
Thema:

Reassigning keys on Windows 10

1. Reassigning keys on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Reassigning keys

2. Print screen key reassign

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Print screen key reassign: Hi. When capturing a screenshot, on older Windows versions I would always just press PrtSc button and paste the screenshot into an image sowtware. However on my new computer there is this Snipping tool app that is extremely clunky and adds like 10 more steps just for making a...
  3. Print screen key reassign

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Print screen key reassign: Hi. When capturing a screenshot, on older Windows versions I would always just press PrtSc button and paste the screenshot into an image sowtware. However on my new computer there is this Snipping tool app that is extremely clunky and adds like 10 more steps just for making a...
  4. Lenovo Yoga c930-13Ikb Laptop - Windows Key/Motion Sensor Glitch? - Cannot Reassign Key

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lenovo Yoga c930-13Ikb Laptop - Windows Key/Motion Sensor Glitch? - Cannot Reassign Key: Hello, I've had my Lenovo Yoga c930-13Ikb laptop for almost two years. Recently it became very glitchy and most notably my screen will switch to the Windows Start screen with tiles and such while I'm in the middle of typing, doing a task or even when my computer is resting...
  5. Using Microsoft Keyboard center, how do I reassign the 0 key on the Sculpt Ergonomic...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Using Microsoft Keyboard center, how do I reassign the 0 key on the Sculpt Ergonomic...: I simply want to remap the 0/insert key on the separate numberpad to spacebar, making it a very useful controller for the Imaginary Teleprompter program. All I find are options to run macro commands. Thank you for your help....
  6. how do I reassign keys on my keyboard?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how do I reassign keys on my keyboard?: Hi Using a PC so keyboard is all inclusive in pc. Having just installed windows 10.. onto my samsung PC..all works well so far... BUT....my m is not working. I have to cut and paste a 'm' to insert one. When using windows 7 it was an easy fix with 'Sharpkeys' programe, and...
  7. how to reassign a windows 10 f2 function key

in Windows 10 Support
    how to reassign a windows 10 f2 function key: Ginger Grammar Checker rudely and arrogantly seized my F-2 key. I need the function for editing spreadsheet cells. I searched for options but the next links were the onley only ones that seemed promising. I followed these but the Mouse and and Keyboard Center did not work....
  8. How do I reassign another key to perform the @ function? Windows updates keep disabling the...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I reassign another key to perform the @ function? Windows updates keep disabling the...: Windows updates have started to disable the @ key on my laptop. When this happens I can't log in to ANYTHING. Microsoft advisors have fixed this twice so far (I fully expect it to happen again) but since I damaged the @ key when I tried to see if there was a physical problem...
  9. Reassign a keyboard key combination to a specific key?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Reassign a keyboard key combination to a specific key?: How can I set "Ctrl+J" combination (witch means "í" character on a 101 keys hungarian keyboard) to another key? Forexample, Ctrl+J = Left Win button. I wont do changes directly in registry. I tried several softwares (SharpKeys, KeyExtender, KeyTweak...), but no one can handle...
  10. How to reassign a keyboard key combination to a specific key?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to reassign a keyboard key combination to a specific key?: How can I set "Ctrl+J" combination (witch means "í" character on a 101 keys hungarian keyboard) to another key? Forexample, Ctrl+J = Left Win button. I wont do changes directly in registry. I tried several softwares (SharpKeys, KeyExtender, KeyTweak...), but no one can handle...