Windows 10: Reassigning Monitor ID's

Discus and support Reassigning Monitor ID's in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Windows derped when I replaced a monitor that died today and reassigned the monitor ID's. Normally this shouldn't be an issue however, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Regret_the_Van, Sep 18, 2020.

1. Reassigning Monitor ID's

Reassigning Monitor ID's GnaMKQd9qSlpR9hITpTMJTyMC2qmmIppgI6ygHEkVBU.jpg

Windows derped when I replaced a monitor that died today and reassigned the monitor ID's.

Normally this shouldn't be an issue however, the monitor now ID'd as 2, which was 3, is an aging display that can't reproduce colors very well. This is important as some of my creativity applications are hard coded to display outputs to monitor 2.

This is how the monitors are suppose to be ID'd and the ports they are on.

Internet searching has yielded no specific results other than rearrange the monitors to match your desk. (Not the problem) or mess with the cables. (didn't work)

Hence, I'm coming to you to see if someone here has an answer for me.

submitted by /u/Regret_the_Van
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Regret_the_Van, Sep 18, 2020
  2. Anna Bon Win User

Reassign shorcut

Let us perform some other process. You can reassign some keys to access different commands, shortcuts, or Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center features to better fit your work style.

Please note that the options listed in this wizard vary depending on the key selected. For example, since you cannot reassign the Windows key, the only option available is to disable it. To reassign a key, please follow the steps below:

• Using the keyboard that you want to configure, start Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center.
    • From the displayed list of key names, select the key you want to reassign.
    • In the command list of the key that you want to reassign, select a command.

Let us know the outcome of the steps provided.

Thank you.

Anna Bon, Sep 18, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Sep 18, 2020
  4. Romel Ram Win User

Reassigning Monitor ID's

Ctrl+Shift+S has been reassigned

Hi,

It is possible that this is a conflict with assigning the hot keys. To properly assist you with your concern, kindly verify the following:

• Can you give us the steps that you take to re-assign the shortcut key?
    • Are you using a Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center? If yes, you can refer to this
      link.

We're looking forward to your response.

Romel Ram, Sep 18, 2020
Thema:

Reassigning Monitor ID's

1. Reassigning Monitor ID's - Similar Threads - Reassigning Monitor ID's

2. Print screen key reassign

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Print screen key reassign: Hi. When capturing a screenshot, on older Windows versions I would always just press PrtSc button and paste the screenshot into an image sowtware. However on my new computer there is this Snipping tool app that is extremely clunky and adds like 10 more steps just for making a...
  3. Reassigning touchpad buttons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reassigning touchpad buttons: Hi! Does anyone know if it's possible to reassign the touchpad buttons on a laptop? I use a bluetooth mouse and would therefore like to use the touchpads left and right buttons with my thumb for something else. But I can't seem to find a solution for this. It could be that...
  4. Reassign computer to another preson

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reassign computer to another preson: I have a computer Windows 10 which has my two accounts work & private on it, with data for both accounts stored online. I want to reassign the computer to another user not me, for them to use as a work computer. I could reformat it, but Windows is up to date so that would be...
  5. uninstall and reassign windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    uninstall and reassign windows 10: Hello, My son built a PC. I have a MAC. I bought him Windows 10 but I misunderstood the steps we needed to follow to get it on his computer. I entered the product code on my MAC and tied it to my Microsoft account. Is there a way to uninstall it from my MAC and reassign the...
  6. Monitor IDs/Numbers Confusion

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor IDs/Numbers Confusion: I have a Gigabyte Laptop with Intel HD Graphics. In addition to the built in display I have a TV attached via HDMI and a Dell U2913WM via VGA port. The Intel Graphics Properties Setting allows me to specify which is the primary display and this is set to Number 1. I have set...
  7. Reassign account to New Administrator

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Reassign account to New Administrator: how do I reassign my old laptop to another person as administrator..??? I would like to give my laptop that has windows 10 on it to my friend as the new adminstrator of the acccount, and take my family group off any help would be greatly appreciated....
  8. Reassigning keys on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Reassigning keys on Windows 10: As some might have noticed, the semi-colon ";" and apostrophe " ' " are the wrong way around on the QWERTY keyboard. This is because in English we use the apostrophe in just about every sentence but we rarely use the semi-colon, and yet the semi-colon is closer to the centre...
  9. Monitors Randomly Reassigned at Bootup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Monitors Randomly Reassigned at Bootup: I've had this problem since Windows 7 and I see it still it's fixed in Windows 10 Pro: When I boot up my machine, a random, different monitor gets assigned as my primary monitor, or my primary monitor number changes. I have 3 displays.. a 2.5K main UI display, a 4K video...
  10. Drive Letters, will they be overwritten or reassigned?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drive Letters, will they be overwritten or reassigned?: Hey Everyone, Good day to all of you! I bought 2 new 3tb WD My Books that I will getting next week. First, the two that I have currently have a Drive letter of E and F. I am doing a wipe and a clean install of Windows 10 pro x64 once I get the new drives. After the wipe...