Windows 10: Reassigning touchpad buttons

Discus and support Reassigning touchpad buttons in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi! Does anyone know if it's possible to reassign the touchpad buttons on a laptop? I use a bluetooth mouse and would therefore like to use the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/decrosdich, Feb 18, 2021.

1. Reassigning touchpad buttons

Hi!

Does anyone know if it's possible to reassign the touchpad buttons on a laptop?

I use a bluetooth mouse and would therefore like to use the touchpads left and right buttons with my thumb for something else. But I can't seem to find a solution for this.

It could be that the left click was assigned to J and right click to K. Right now I'm honestly just curious as to wether it is possible or not.

submitted by /u/decrosdich
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/decrosdich, Feb 18, 2021
  2. Anna Bon Win User

Reassign shorcut

Let us perform some other process. You can reassign some keys to access different commands, shortcuts, or Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center features to better fit your work style.

Please note that the options listed in this wizard vary depending on the key selected. For example, since you cannot reassign the Windows key, the only option available is to disable it. To reassign a key, please follow the steps below:

• Using the keyboard that you want to configure, start Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center.
    • From the displayed list of key names, select the key you want to reassign.
    • In the command list of the key that you want to reassign, select a command.

Let us know the outcome of the steps provided.

Thank you.

Anna Bon, Feb 18, 2021
  3. Reassign hardware buttons in PocketPC

Hi All,

I'm facing with problem on how to reassign two hardware buttons: green button which launches cprog.exe and red button which usually cancels the call.

I'm able to reassign other hardware key by changing registry keys under the

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shell\Keys\40C1...40C6

But these two buttons are not listed under this registry tree. So my guess that it should be another way how to reassign them.

In general I need to replace original dialing application (cprog.exe) with my own. So when user presses green button, my application launches.

Any ideas?

Greg Zemskov, Feb 18, 2021
  4. nxavis9 Win User

Reassigning touchpad buttons

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Feb 18, 2021
Thema:

Reassigning touchpad buttons

1. Reassigning touchpad buttons - Similar Threads - Reassigning touchpad buttons

2. Touchpad Buttons

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad Buttons: I've tried so many things to try and fix it.. I've been trying to fix the buttons the lower buttons won't work and its such a pain is there anybody with advice or knows how to fix it?...
  3. Touchpad and mouse buttons not working

Touchpad and mouse buttons not working: I have an issue with the touchpad and mouse today. They simply stopped working. Actually, it happens that they work from time to time for only a few seconds, but then the problem starts again. I have managed to try the standard steps, i.e. to uninstall the drivers and...
  4. Reassigning Monitor ID's

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reassigning Monitor ID's: [ATTACH] Windows derped when I replaced a monitor that died today and reassigned the monitor ID's. Normally this shouldn't be an issue however, the monitor now ID'd as 2, which was 3, is an aging display that can't reproduce colors very well. This is important as some of...
  5. Disable snipping tool or reassign printscreen button

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable snipping tool or reassign printscreen button: How do I either disable the snipping tool or reassign the printscreen button so that I can use it for an application that is actually useful? I just got a new machine running windows 10 home....
  6. Thinkpad's TouchPad buttons not working

Thinkpad's TouchPad buttons not working: My Thinkpad's TouchPad stopped working, that is, the buttons on top and bottom not working nor is the double fingertap to get a left click. The options to set up the buttons do not appear under settings - so it is as if it is not being recognized. Downloaded latest drives...
  7. Reassign account to New Administrator

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Reassign account to New Administrator: how do I reassign my old laptop to another person as administrator..??? I would like to give my laptop that has windows 10 on it to my friend as the new adminstrator of the acccount, and take my family group off any help would be greatly appreciated....
  8. intermittent Problems with Touchpad and Mouse buttons

intermittent Problems with Touchpad and Mouse buttons: Hello all. I have a Dell XPS 15 and use a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse. I have not had any issues until yesterday. I'm not sure when the last win update occurred Problem: - On Startup sometimes there us no function of keypad pr mouse buttons. However, the keyboard...
  9. windows button not working with touchpad

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows button not working with touchpad: I cannot access the settings in windows to attempt to unfreeze https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-button-not-working-with-touchpad/b97aa951-831a-4b2b-86ba-ab414f714c95
  10. Touchpad Button Malfunction

Touchpad Button Malfunction: The left button on my touchpad developed a hard to describe malfunction. Turning on right-handed mode improved the functionality, but accidentally clicking the left button creates a complicated, frustrating situated which can usually only be resolved by restarting. Is there...