Windows 10: Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media device and press key

Discus and support Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media device and press key in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; We had a power cut. I switched back on and got above message. I do not have a clue what to do next Every time I press a key it repeats itself. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Lincdales, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Lincdales Win User

Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media device and press key

We had a power cut. I switched back on and got above message.

I do not have a clue what to do next

Every time I press a key it repeats itself.

I switched off and on and pressed del quickly then got the message

ASUS UEFI BIOS utility -EZ Mode

Now I am completely baffled

:)

Lincdales, Sep 15, 2019
  2. Rose Ter Win User

reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key

Hi,

In order for us to help you with the error message "reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key" on your computer, you can refer to the response of
    Vinod Archak on this
    link
    . This will provide you steps on how to change
    the Drive Boot Order in BIOS.

For instance, that it failed to work you can also check
    Ratandeep response on the same link.

Let us know how it goes.

Rose Ter, Sep 15, 2019
  3. RJHensley Win User
    Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key.

Hi having trouble, seeing a black screen that says Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key.

Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media device and press key 685d1d46-dd34-49ee-81e1-0559353dd960.jpg

I believe this is a Windows 10 volume 5 problem

How To Fix

• Restart your computer.
    • Press the necessary key to open BIOS menu. ...
    • Go to the Boot tab.
    • Change the boot order and list your computer's HDD first. ...
    • Save the settings.
    • Restart your computer.

If you get a screen with options saying WINDOWS 10 VOLUME 2/ VOLUME 5

- PRESS VOLUME 5

you computer should bring you top your home desktop

RJHensley, Sep 15, 2019
  4. Mandy775 Win User

Window 10. reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key

My laptop is window 10. When I open my laptop, this message "reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key" just came out. Can someone help me? How to fix this problem. I have been used for 6 months.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Mandy775, Sep 15, 2019
Thema:

1. Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media device and press key - Similar Threads - Reboot select proper

2. Remove disk or other media - select proper boot device or insert boot media

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Remove disk or other media - select proper boot device or insert boot media: Hi, I have been running a stationary computer (windows 10 pro) for about one year now. never failed before. Last night I upgraded, a rather large upgrade, duration 1 hour or more. After the upgrade the message on the screen is: - "Remove disks or other media. Press any...
  3. select proper boot device or insert boot media

select proper boot device or insert boot media: Hi, I have been running a stationary computer (windows 10 pro) for about one year now. never failed before. Last night I upgraded, a rather large upgrade, duration 1 hour or more. After the upgrade the message on the screen is "select proper boot device or insert boot...
  4. Boot giving error "Reboot and select proper boot device"

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot giving error "Reboot and select proper boot device": Hello, I just installed on my ASUS N56 Laptop, a new SSD Kingston 256GB replacing the DVD Bay, and going along with the old HDD drive. I cleared all existing partitions and created a new one, and then, installed the OS in the SSD disk. Everything was OK with the...
  5. BIOS/reboot and select proper boot device

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    BIOS/reboot and select proper boot device: My Asus ROG G750JM Has been getting BIOS errors alot recently. I would somehow boot it in the past, but now I can’t fix it. Can someone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/biosreboot-and-select-proper-boot-device/963dc281-00dc-48fc-b1d9-7fce977c7ce8"
  6. "Reboot and select proper boot device" issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Reboot and select proper boot device" issue: Hello guys! When turning on my computer today, I had to face a BSOD with the error name being "System Thread Exception not Handled", which prevented me from launching Windows 10 in either way. So I rebooted my computer on my Linux Mint partition in order to look on the...
  7. [URGENT] Reboot and Select Proper Boot Device

[URGENT] Reboot and Select Proper Boot Device: I am getting that error at splash screen after failed dual boot install of Debian. It was on the same drive, but I do not have another PC to get a boot repair or any other tool. I could go to a friend as last resort. Tried setting bios, still doesn't work. 28601
  8. Reboot and Select proper Boot device

Reboot and Select proper Boot device: Downloaded Windows 10 and started installing it. The install got to around 20% and now I'm stuck on a black screen with "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key". I have gone into BIOS and changed boot order around but...
  9. Reboot and Select Proper Boot Device HELP

in Windows 10 Support
    Reboot and Select Proper Boot Device HELP: Hello guys! And Happy New Year! I have a very strange problem! I have left my pc for a lot hour open and when i go back to my room to finished my job i see that message to my screen: - Reboot and Select Proper Boot Device - I press any key but continue saw me this...
  10. "Reboot and select proper boot device"

in Windows 10 Support
    "Reboot and select proper boot device": I just had a major BSOD with my 64-bit system, and it said it was collecting data and would then reboot. It said the error was related to netio.sys. When my PC rebooted, all I got was "Reboot and select proper boot device". It was like my OS wasn't there any more. I even...