Windows 10: “reboot and select proper boot device” please help

Discus and support “reboot and select proper boot device” please help in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; i have done everything so before u give me advice please consider the following-i cannot select the proper boot device in bios, or any other boot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by kaleb woodard, Mar 2, 2023.

1. “reboot and select proper boot device” please help

i have done everything so before u give me advice please consider the following-i cannot select the proper boot device in bios, or any other boot device seeing how the only drive in my computer is the one with windows on it- the drive is not corrupt as i took the drive out put it into another computer and it booted just fineyet even when the drive is the only drive in the pc and it’s not corrupt, it doesn’t want to boot, it just gives me “please select proper boot device. can anyone help or has anyone had this issue before?

:)

kaleb woodard, Mar 2, 2023

2. Reboot and Select Proper Boot Device...after reboot?

Hello all. Getting a little frustrated here. A couple of weeks ago we had a user come in on a Monday morning to find that her pc was displaying the classic message "Reboot and select proper boot device...". Tried popping in a windows disk and fixing the MBR, no luck. Ended up reinstalling windows and her few programs back on it. All was good after this. For about a day. She came in the next day to find the same message. So at that point we decided that more than likely the drive was bad even though oddly enough it tested out fine. It was a Corsair 60gb SSD.

Last week we swapped that Corsair with a 64gb Crucial SSD and installed Windows. We then created a backup image of that drive. All was good until Thursday when her power strip that the PC was plugged into got tripped. Start up the computer for find "Reboot and select proper boot device..." message. So, apply the backed up image to the SSD since repairing the MBR didn't work.

Now this morning she comes in and the PC is running fine. Attempts to open Microsoft Word and she gets a pop-up stating there isn't enough disk space. So, she then restarts and upon booting back up gets "Reboot and select proper boot device..."

Any ideas what is causing this? Is it something with the mobo or do I just have horrible luck and replaced the bad SSD with another bad SSD?

satindemon4u, Mar 2, 2023
  3. Reboot and Select Proper Boot Device...after reboot?

cmos battery, or bios chip is screwed up

eidairaman1, Mar 2, 2023
  4. Cyberz Win User

“reboot and select proper boot device” please help

"reboot and select proper boot device" after fresh install

I understand your logic.
    But that is not what is happening.
    See.

“reboot and select proper boot device” please help 91582d1485969598t-reboot-select-proper-boot-device-after-fresh-install-prior.jpg

It simply won't go.

On the other hand, if I take this path... brings me to W10 from where I'm posting *Smile

“reboot and select proper boot device” please help 91580d1485969598t-reboot-select-proper-boot-device-after-fresh-install-overide.jpg

Cyberz, Mar 2, 2023
Thema:

“reboot and select proper boot device” please help

1. “reboot and select proper boot device” please help - Similar Threads - “reboot select proper

2. “reboot and select proper boot device” please help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    “reboot and select proper boot device” please help: i have done everything so before u give me advice please consider the following-i cannot select the proper boot device in bios, or any other boot device seeing how the only drive in my computer is the one with windows on it- the drive is not corrupt as i took the drive out...
  3. “reboot and select proper boot device” please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    “reboot and select proper boot device” please help: i have done everything so before u give me advice please consider the following-i cannot select the proper boot device in bios, or any other boot device seeing how the only drive in my computer is the one with windows on it- the drive is not corrupt as i took the drive out...
  4. Reboot and select proper boot device??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reboot and select proper boot device??: Hello i have clean disks using command diskpart and clean all disk so my disk have no OS install i try install windows with usb but every time i select boot override it showing message reboot and select proper device whats the cause of this and how can i fix this problem...
  5. Reboot and select proper boot device??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reboot and select proper boot device??: Hello i have clean disks using command diskpart and clean all disk so my disk have no OS install i try install windows with usb but every time i select boot override it showing message reboot and select proper device whats the cause of this and how can i fix this problem...
  6. "Reboot and Select proper Boot device"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Reboot and Select proper Boot device": "...or Insert Boot Media inspected Boot device and press a key" This is what I see when I try to boot up my PC. Everything has been working great. This morning shortly after boot up I was searching the web and had started a download for a game off the EpicGamesStore when...
  7. “reboot and select proper boot device“

“reboot and select proper boot device“: I got a new gaming computer recently which has worked great until somehow overnight nothing works now. I get the message above when I try booting up my PC and have looked up ways to fix this issue. When I enter the bios menu my boot up device is there but when I click it the...
  8. Reboot and select proper boot device

Reboot and select proper boot device: I just reset my pc, deleted all the files and everything. My pc is now saying “reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key.” My computer has a 1tb hard drive and another labeled windows (C:). What do I do to fix this?...
  9. Reboot and Select Proper Boot Device HELP

in Windows 10 Support
    Reboot and Select Proper Boot Device HELP: Hello guys! And Happy New Year! I have a very strange problem! I have left my pc for a lot hour open and when i go back to my room to finished my job i see that message to my screen: - Reboot and Select Proper Boot Device - I press any key but continue saw me this...
  10. Reboot and Select Proper Boot Device Help Please....But With A Twist

in Windows 10 Support
    Reboot and Select Proper Boot Device Help Please....But With A Twist: Hello, If anyone can help me I'd appreciate it. I'll try and be as brief as possible but I want to tell the whole story in case any details are important. I also thank everyone in advance. Long story short I am new to Windows 10, and I went right from Windows 7....