Windows 10: Reboot, bios quit promting for fingerprint scan, Windows Login ok

Discus and support Reboot, bios quit promting for fingerprint scan, Windows Login ok in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have a new fingerprint reader that I installed under Windows 10 on a Lenovo Thinkstation P300 that was working ok. Upon reboot the bios would... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by wcsusername, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Reboot, bios quit promting for fingerprint scan, Windows Login ok

I have a new fingerprint reader that I installed under Windows 10 on a Lenovo Thinkstation P300 that was working ok.

Upon reboot the bios would prompt me for a password in order to bootstrap to Windows and then swipe my finger again to login to Windows 10 as.

My PC is setup to enter a password from the bios during bootup. After installing the fingerprint reader upon a reboot the bios would prompt me of a fingerprint in order to boot to Windows 10, I'm able to login by swiping my finger from the reader.

However after a while the bios reboot no longer prompts to scan a finger and I need to manually enter a password from the keyboard to boot to Windows 10 login.

Apparently the bios stopped prompting me for a fingerprint scan upon a reboot.

I can remember years ago fingerprint software and drivers had an option where one only needed to scan a finger once during bios reboot and the pc would boot up into Windows (also password protected). One fingerprint scan would get you past both the bios and Windows login. However I don't see that option under Windows 10.

I'm running the latest bios which was updated prior to installing the fingerprint reader, which is working ok except now during a reboot the bios no longer prompts me.

Perhaps I need to reset the bios admin password?

:)

wcsusername, Jan 8, 2019

2. fingerprint swipe quit working.

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it fixes the issue.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the fingerprint
    drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to uninstall the Fingerprint
    drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the Fingerprint device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset and Fingerprint
    drivers.

Method 3

If issue still persists, I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Fingerprint
    drivers in Compatibility mode and check if it works:

Follow the steps to uninstall the Fingerprint
    driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the Fingerprint device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Now download the drivers the manufacturer website and install it in Windows 8.1 compatibility mode. Follow the steps provided below to install the drivers in compatibility mode:

• Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select Windows 8.1 operating system from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.
    Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Mann_Manohar, Jan 8, 2019
  3. No option for fingerprint scan login

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We're sorry to hear the inconvenience you have experienced.

• Download the
      Hardware and devices troubleshooter
      . In the
      File Download dialog box, select Open and follow the on-screen instructions.
    • If the fingerprint reader isn’t working, detach and reattach your Surface Pro 4 Type Cover with Fingerprint ID from your Surface Pro 4 and try using the fingerprint reader again.
    • If reattaching your Surface Pro 4 Type Cover with Fingerprint ID doesn’t solve the problem, try typing or using the touchpad. If neither the keyboard nor the touchpad on your Cover works, see

Troubleshoot your Surface Cover
    If the IR camera or the fingerprint reader still aren’t working:

Step 1:
    Sign in to your Surface using a different method (such as a PIN or password).

Step 2:
    Remove the scan of your face or fingerprint and set up a new scan, following the steps in

Windows Hello doesn’t recognize your face or fingerprint, and there is an error message.

Step 3:
    Sign in using Windows Hello.

If you still can’t sign in using Windows Hello, you may be having a software issue. How to fix software issues

If the IR camera on your Surface or the fingerprint reader on your Surface Pro 4 Type Cover with Fingerprint ID still isn’t working,

contact us

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Jan 8, 2019
  4. Reboot, bios quit promting for fingerprint scan, Windows Login ok

Fingerprint removed during upgrade and i can't login !!

Hi Firas,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to login to the guest account and update the drivers for fingerprint by following the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + R and type “devmgmt.msc” and press Enter.
    • Right click on the driver for Fingerprint and select the option to update the driver and follow the prompts to update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 8, 2019
Thema:

Reboot, bios quit promting for fingerprint scan, Windows Login ok

1. Reboot, bios quit promting for fingerprint scan, Windows Login ok - Similar Threads - Reboot bios quit

2. Editing promts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Editing promts: Today, while making a few changes to "Editor", instead of saving I accidentally deleted everything in it. How do I get back into the editor, to make changes?Thanks,Judi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/editing-promts/3abcbd4d-487c-49b5-b660-eea38876b7eb
  3. Fingerprint login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fingerprint login: Hello trying to get finger print login to work again. Yesterday it was working fine today it isn't. I can't get anything to work what do i do? I cannot even get a hold of anyone with microsoft on this matter over the phone and there is no dust in my finger print scan spot. I...
  4. Cannot login to windows after Bios Update reboot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot login to windows after Bios Update reboot: Setting up new lenovo Thinkpad for the first time, after account sign-in with MS365 Exchange Go-Daddy for business, password was created. No login PIN was created as employee has not yet onboarded. Windows prompt for bio update and subsequently restarted. Upon restart, the...
  5. Stuck at "To sign in, scan your finger on the fingerprint reader" login screen.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck at "To sign in, scan your finger on the fingerprint reader" login screen.: It happens randomly at the login screen. Most of the time, touching the fingerprint sensor logs me in, but randomly, it keeps showing "To sign in, scan your finger on the fingerprint reader". If I touch the sensor, it just flickers once and keeps showing the same screen. This...
  6. Microssoft Scan quit working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microssoft Scan quit working: About two weeks ago I set up Microsoft Scan Brother printer/scanner and iyt worked, Today, I clickewd on it an it recognized the Brother, but when I went to scan, it said no scanner attached. On the device manager, it said that the Borther was atatched as both the printer and...
  7. Fingerprint won't scan properly

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Fingerprint won't scan properly: Hello, guys! Please, give me any suggestion about Fingerprint. Fingerprint won't scan properly. It couldn't finish scanning my finger https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-wont-scan-properly/cfaccecb-2c86-43f6-a82e-7c1add04e0ce
  8. Fingerprint Login

Fingerprint Login: I got a new Lenovo Yoga C940-14IIL and the fingerprint login stopped working after a day. I get a message saying "your credentials could not be verified" It looks like the scanner is fine. It lights up and recognizes my account but then give me the error above. I then have to...
  9. Windows Hello Fingerprint Login

Windows Hello Fingerprint Login: I have an Ideapad 710S Plus-13IKB Signature Edition running Windows 10 Home V1803. Recently the fingerprint login option disappeared and I am forced to use either password or pin. In the settings under login options it says that Windows Hello isn't available for my device....
  10. Unable to use Fingerprint reader to bypass BIOS password after reboot

Unable to use Fingerprint reader to bypass BIOS password after reboot: I have a new fingerprint reader that I installed under Windows 10 on a Lenovo Thinkstation P300 that was working ok. Upon reboot the bios would prompt me for a password in order to bootstrap to Windows and then swipe my finger again to login to Windows 10 as. My PC is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to restore fingerprint login to windows 10 after bios updated