Windows 10: reboot from shutdown mode

Discus and support reboot from shutdown mode in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; no previous answers help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reboot-from-shutdown-mode/1d9d47ec-cc43-4ad3-a67f-90bd9aff5d67 Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by barbarabosenberg, Feb 20, 2021.

1. reboot from shutdown mode

no previous answers help

:)

barbarabosenberg, Feb 20, 2021

2. Rebooting into Safe Mode with Networking sees no available networks

I'm trying to reboot the system into the Safe Mode with Networking (option 5). However, while regular mode is connected to the network the Safe Mode doesn't connect and doesn't give any available network list.

Any suggestions?

Robbie Doo, Feb 20, 2021
  3. computer reboots after shutdown in windows 10

ok I did the Shutdown /s /t 0 and a list came up....what next?

- - - Updated - - -

I did the Cmd prompt and typed: Shutdown /s /t 0 and computer did shutdown but rebooted a couple seconds later...I have done this before...still no change with my issue of computer rebooting after shutdown...

fishingpoint, Feb 20, 2021
  4. reboot from shutdown mode

Windows 10 Pro will Not shutdown, always reboots.

I understand this issue has been posted for other OS' and for the Win 10 Tech Preview. This thread, however, relates to a final release of the Windows 10 OS.

How do I stop the system from rebooting when I select Shut Down?

Hardware = Lenovo ThinkCentre M82 3306G3U

Windows 10 Pro, regardless of method used to shutdown the computer will always reboot.

• Click Start, Power, Shut down = reboot
    • Right click Start, Shut down or sign out, shut down = reboot
    • Command line shut down = reboot
    • Power button shut down = reboot
    Other threads have suggested uninstalling Intel Management Engine, Intel Security, Intel Rapid storage. Someone also suggested turning off fast boot. Finally, another suggestion I found was Disable Intel Management Interface in device manager. I have
    done all of the above and the computer still reboots.

Does anyone have this issue? Has anyone found a solution? I typically see MS reps on here suggest safe mode, then some other method of stopping services not related to MS because they always believe it isn't the OS or MS developers. I believe this time
    it is an OS flaw. Prove me wrong.

Pics below show I fave fast boot OFF, do issues in Device manager, and my OS edition.

FYI, this was a clean install from a USB drive.

reboot  from shutdown mode 4542936b-f220-4a23-b017-cec7e77716da.jpg

reboot  from shutdown mode ee13451a-fd84-4f92-86c0-7760b8b84137.jpg

reboot  from shutdown mode 0a370471-e4da-48d5-a244-ec4d15f76be5.jpg

MidniteSun0315, Feb 20, 2021
Thema:

reboot from shutdown mode

1. reboot from shutdown mode - Similar Threads - reboot shutdown mode

2. Windows does not shutdown properly, then reboots - "The computer has rebooted from a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows does not shutdown properly, then reboots - "The computer has rebooted from a...: Hi All,I've got an issue with my laptop that I'm told might be hardware related, but I'm unsure if it is windows-associated and thought I'd check here. When I turn off the Laptop via the 'Shut Down' option in the start menu, it will continue to idle even once the screen goes...
  3. Windows does not shutdown properly, then reboots - "The computer has rebooted from a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows does not shutdown properly, then reboots - "The computer has rebooted from a...: Hi All,I've got an issue with my laptop that I'm told might be hardware related, but I'm unsure if it is windows-associated and thought I'd check here. When I turn off the Laptop via the 'Shut Down' option in the start menu, it will continue to idle even once the screen goes...
  4. Windows 10 rebooting when put in sleep or shutdown mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 rebooting when put in sleep or shutdown mode: I'm not here to ask the question but to give a bit of advice. Before you go making a bunch of changes in Windows make sure that in you PC's bios you have Wake on LAN DISABLED. I could have saved myself a lot of time and effort had I just remembered to check this one setting....
  5. Disable Reboot on Update and Shutdown

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disable Reboot on Update and Shutdown: Since Windows 10 v2004, when there's a pending update and you select "Update and Shutdown" on the start menu the behavior has changed for the worse. Before, when selecting Update and Shutdown, Windows would complete the first stage of the update usually 30% and then power...
  6. Shutdown: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Shutdown: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000003b 0x00000000c0000005, 0xfffff8040da121be, 0xffffa58b99b0e560, 0x0000000000000000. A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 6a11bc65-c6b6-447e-9cf4-29b01dee8567. This was the blue screen...
  7. Shutdown and Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Shutdown and Sleep Mode: Windows 10 - power button still on after shutdown/ even if I put my laptop sleep mode it doesn't get wake... i Ever since I have reinstalled windows 10 I am having this problem that my power button remains on after I shutdown my laptop. I have unchecked fast startup option in...
  8. "Static" on laptop startup from sleep mode, or shutdown mode.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    "Static" on laptop startup from sleep mode, or shutdown mode.: Hello all, I'm not sure if this is posted in the right section so please feel free to correct me if I am in the wrong place. I've got a weird issue with my laptop, 50% or so of the times in which I turn it on it shows a screen I can only describe as static. No error messages,...
  9. 1809 reboots after shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    1809 reboots after shutdown: Hello, When I shut down my Windows 10 1809 PC it restarts after a couple of seconds.There are no error messages, no BSODs and I checked the event log after the system restarted and I could see nothing relevant in the event logs. I can disable the automatic restart, but that...
  10. Random Shutdown and Reboot

in Windows 10 Support
    Random Shutdown and Reboot: I have Windows 10 system that keeps randomly rebooting and coming back up. I took main name "place" to get it look at and they said everything is fine and it didn't randomly reboot them like it does me. Could anybody give me some help by look at my files? I attach below, a...