Windows 10: Reboot in...

Discus and support Reboot in... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; How can I dualboot windows skipping the bootloader? Basically I have two Windows installations, one is a virtual disk and one is a normal... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/XargonWan, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Reboot in...

How can I dualboot windows skipping the bootloader?

Basically I have two Windows installations, one is a virtual disk and one is a normal installation.
    I wish to switch between this by double clicking on a .bat that is executing the reboot script by specifying the entry to boot in the next time it boots.

Of course if I just do a normal reboot I should enter into the bootloader again.

submitted by /u/XargonWan
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/XargonWan, Oct 25, 2020
  2. Sharief K Win User

Windows 10 endless loop reboot

Hi,

• Have you checked if the hard disk is set as first boot device in the BIOS?
    • Which version of Windows is installed on the computer?
    • What did the HP supported suggested you to fix the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in the following article and check if it helps.

Windows 10 endless loop reboot

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the more information about the interaction with HP support and the outcome of the issue.

Sharief K, Oct 25, 2020
  3. deving Win User
    User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Oct 25, 2020
  4. Reboot in...

No more touchpad for my laptop since upgrading to Windows 10

Hi Derek,

I would suggest the following steps :

• Press Windows + X
    • Click on Device Manager
    • Right click on TouchPad drivers in the list.
    • Choose Upgrade Drivers
    • Reboot computer

Check if this helped to fix the issue.

Vinod Archak, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

Reboot in...

1. Reboot in... - Similar Threads - Reboot

2. How do I keep my Windows 11 taskbar settings from changing to default upon reboot?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I keep my Windows 11 taskbar settings from changing to default upon reboot?: I have changed the settings in the taskbar to align Left instead of align Center, which is the default. However, every reboot, it's back to the center and every time Windows 11 updates, it returns to the default. How do I stop it defaulting to the center every reboot?I'm an...
  3. How do I keep my Windows 11 taskbar settings from changing to default upon reboot?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I keep my Windows 11 taskbar settings from changing to default upon reboot?: I have changed the settings in the taskbar to align Left instead of align Center, which is the default. However, every reboot, it's back to the center and every time Windows 11 updates, it returns to the default. How do I stop it defaulting to the center every reboot?I'm an...
  4. TPM failure - The system failed to change the state of the TPM. Please reboot the system to...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    TPM failure - The system failed to change the state of the TPM. Please reboot the system to...: I have a s Surface Book 2 with Windows 10 installed. WIndows 10 update KB5034441 fails with the error code 0x80070643. The Windows update page says "This PC doesn't currently meet the minimum system requirements to run WIndows 11." PC Health Check says "TPM 2.0 must be...
  5. TPM failure - The system failed to change the state of the TPM. Please reboot the system to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TPM failure - The system failed to change the state of the TPM. Please reboot the system to...: I have a s Surface Book 2 with Windows 10 installed. WIndows 10 update KB5034441 fails with the error code 0x80070643. The Windows update page says "This PC doesn't currently meet the minimum system requirements to run WIndows 11." PC Health Check says "TPM 2.0 must be...
  6. TPM failure - The system failed to change the state of the TPM. Please reboot the system to...

7. How to fix "The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. "

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to fix "The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. ": My computer crashes Win10 multiple times a day; event viewer logs this:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000050 0xfffff980006f56d8, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000006. A dump was saved in:...
  8. How to fix "The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. "

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix "The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. ": My computer crashes Win10 multiple times a day; event viewer logs this:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000050 0xfffff980006f56d8, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000006. A dump was saved in:...
  9. How to fix "The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. "

10. PC rebooting after 1-2 minutes of use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC rebooting after 1-2 minutes of use: My computer keeps restarting after about 1-2 minutes of use. The computer will boot and work fine for about 2 minutes and then without any warning applications don't freeze or anything all 3 monitors will turn off along with the LEDs on my keyboard and PC fans and it will...