Windows 10: Reboot loop after aborting Windows Update

Discus and support Reboot loop after aborting Windows Update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My Windows 10 is stuck in a reboot loop after aborting Windows Update. BIOS and dual booting are still accessible indeed I am posting this question... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dudhhr, Jan 18, 2022.

1. Dudhhr Win User

Reboot loop after aborting Windows Update

My Windows 10 is stuck in a reboot loop after aborting Windows Update. BIOS and dual booting are still accessible indeed I am posting this question through my Ubuntu installation, but booting Windows causes the loop. The computer will turn off several seconds after the "Press F11 to do BIOS stuff" message disappears, then reboot, where the computer will turn off and reboot again. Attempting to access the Recovery Environment has failed, as has using the power switch. I suspect that this is not a hard drive issue due to Ubuntu being accessible on the same drive.

:)

Dudhhr, Jan 18, 2022
  2. Sharief K Win User

Windows 10 endless loop reboot

Hi,

• Have you checked if the hard disk is set as first boot device in the BIOS?
    • Which version of Windows is installed on the computer?
    • What did the HP supported suggested you to fix the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in the following article and check if it helps.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...t/450597e7-c3c6-4338-a2ac-88f90aaf0aef?auth=1

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the more information about the interaction with HP support and the outcome of the issue.

Sharief K, Jan 18, 2022
  3. HD7 reboot loop during update

I am facing this issue of reboot loop whenever I try to update the phone. It goes into a reboot loop after step 6 of upgrade and does this for an hour.

SachinNigam, Jan 18, 2022
  4. AS_95 Win User

Windows 10 Anniversary Update Reboot in endless loop

I updated my HP Windows 10 Pro laptop with the recent Windows 10 Anniversary update. It was successful for the most part however the last update reboot went into an endless loop for more than 24 hours, so I have tried Shift+F8 at Power-on and the self repair
    has failed, the rollback to previous install has failed, now I am doing reinstall to factory setting while saving my data. It has also been in endless loop for more than 12 hours. Can someone please suggest a solution?

Also I had the same endless loop reboot problem on my Desktop upgrade, however I was able to overcome by aborting the reboot with Ctrl-C. I suspected that my Norton Antivirus may be keeping in the endless loop so I uninstalled it. My desktop issues is now
    resolved.

However the same Ctrl-C is not working on Laptop. Also my laptop does not have antivirus but Windows Defender, so it is not the same issue there. I suspect it is some driver that is not compatible, but I not sure how to override or rollback to previous install?

AS_95, Jan 18, 2022
Thema:

1. Reboot loop after aborting Windows Update - Similar Threads - Reboot loop aborting

2. Reboot loop after update fail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reboot loop after update fail: Hello everybody ,I hope you are doing fine.It's been a couple of days and I can not go throught with my update. The system reboots again and again until it just undoes the changes....
  3. Reboot loop after update fail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reboot loop after update fail: Hello everybody ,I hope you are doing fine.It's been a couple of days and I can not go throught with my update. The system reboots again and again until it just undoes the changes....
  4. Reboot loop after aborting Windows Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reboot loop after aborting Windows Update: My Windows 10 is stuck in a reboot loop after aborting Windows Update. BIOS and dual booting are still accessible indeed I am posting this question through my Ubuntu installation, but booting Windows causes the loop. The computer will turn off several seconds after the "Press...
  5. Reboot loop after aborting Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reboot loop after aborting Windows Update: My Windows 10 is stuck in a reboot loop after aborting Windows Update. BIOS and dual booting are still accessible indeed I am posting this question through my Ubuntu installation, but booting Windows causes the loop. The computer will turn off several seconds after the "Press...
  6. Reboot loop after aborting Windows Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Windows update reboot loop

Windows update reboot loop: Hello My computer is trying to update but is unable to do it so undo it reboot and retry the update KB5000802 after more the 12h of reboots i forced it to shutdown waited a bit and started again it undid the update and booted normaly but since this update is critical...
  8. PC continues to reboot in a loop after windows update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC continues to reboot in a loop after windows update: Hi there, I am having issues with my Acer PC after a windows 10 update. PC going into a reboot loop. I can go into the bios using del/f12 keys but have failed to reboot from hard-drive, removal device and usb etc so no avail. PC keeps saying its trying to go back to last...
  9. Reboot loop after failed windows update.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reboot loop after failed windows update.: My PC started an automatic update recently but it failed half way through and now it won't start up. After the windows logo appears the dots appear underneath and cycle for some time afterwards the screen goes blank then two screens reading 'attempting to recover your...
  10. Stuck in a reboot loop after windows 10 update

Stuck in a reboot loop after windows 10 update: My Lenovo laptop is stuck in a loop after trying to install a windows 10 update. The Lenovo icon comes on, then the spinning wheel then Attempting to..... then Restoring from previous version... then the Lenovo icon etc. I have tried leaving the machine run doing this for...