Windows 10: Reboot Loop, cannot open Automatic Repair, can't run setup from USB

Discus and support Reboot Loop, cannot open Automatic Repair, can't run setup from USB in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was running the Win 10 build 10074, in the slow ring. I left it unattended for update, which included the newer build 10130. Before leaving, it was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nimanyu, Jun 13, 2015.

1. Nimanyu Win User

Reboot Loop, cannot open Automatic Repair, can't run setup from USB

I was running the Win 10 build 10074, in the slow ring.
    I left it unattended for update, which included the newer build 10130.
    Before leaving, it was at 99% downloaded.
    When I returned after 30 mins, it was stuck in an endless restart loop.

It restarts within 2 seconds of displaying the Windows logo, when I try to boot from the HDD
    If it goes into Automatic Repair, it shows "Starting automatic repair" under the logo and restarts after some time.

But the worst thing is that the same problem occurs,
    Even if I try to run Windows 10 setup/repair from a USB drive!! (build 10130)

It just reboots a few seconds after showing the logo, even when I removed the HDD.
    I am totally stuck.

I am currently running Ubuntu from a USB drive, which is working just fine.

Please Help!*cry

P.S.:I am not sure what happened in my absence, though it's unlikely that the newer build was installed in just half an hour.
    The only idea thing that I can think of and have not tried is to try running an earlier build or version from the USB drive.

:)

Nimanyu, Jun 13, 2015

2. HP laptop unable to boot.

I have a HP laptop that was on the Advanced setup menu. I played with stuff on that screen but now its stuck on a loop of "Preparing automatic repair then to Diagnosing your PC to Attempting repairs. After that it reboots and continues the loop. I am hoping
    to get back to the Advanced setup menu.

mikeygoy123, Jun 13, 2015
  3. Muji45 Win User
    Windows 10 automatic repair on loop

Hello, I HAVE A DELL LAPTOP N5010, WITH WINDOWS 7 HOME PREMIUM AND UPGRADED TO WINDOWS 10.

I have the same problem, After I tried all the Advanced Options (SYSTEM RESTORE; SYSTEM IMAGE RECOVERY; SETUP REPAIR; SETUP SETTING; GO BACK TO PREVIOUS BUILD) I CAN'T get out of the Automatic Repair loop.

THAN I tried to REINSTALL WINDOWS 7 FROM THE ORIGINAL DISC FROM DELL AND IT DID NOT WORK, THE LOOP IS STILL THERE.

ן CAN'T GET TO THE SAFE MODE TOO

PLEASE HELP

Muji45, Jun 13, 2015
  4. rmonroe36 Win User

Have you considered removing the hard drive and temporarily hooking it up to another computer with a USB adapter? You could then do some diagnostics, format it and then try re-installation of 10130 on your computer.

Rich

rmonroe36, Jun 13, 2015
  5. jgates Win User
    I was having the exact same issue as you, even tried unplugging all hard drives and running just from the restore media seeing the same reboot loop. What fixed it for me was enabling the DEP in my bios. For my ASROCK motherboard this was found as Advanced->CPU->No-Execute Memory Protection, setting this to enabled. More info here:
    Infinite bootloop after updating to 10130 - Microsoft Community

Hope this helps!

jgates, Jun 13, 2015
  6. Nimanyu:
    So far I have upgraded 5 machines. Yesterday my last one hit the same snag that you did at 99%. It went into the same loop saying the boot drive was not available. No matter what you do, you end up in the same loop, Basically Windows 10 has found a situation that it does not have an answer for so it puts a small file on the drive to keep looping and looking for the answer. You can try to boot off of the usb stick or dvd until hell freezes over and you get the same loop. The hard drive that you were trying to setup as your "C' drive will never work properly again until you remove the small file names " Windows 10 Upgrade" or something like that. Put that drive in a USB enclosure and plug it into another computer and look at the files You will see about a dozen files and the Windows 10 Update file will be obvious. Once I found it I immediately deleted it, then deleted the drive and formatted it.Then I unplugged my computer, reset the motherboard with it's jumper pins, then removed and replaced the memory. When you told the computer to reset , it wiped the old Win 10 off of the drive along with any way to get back to your starting point. What I had to do , after that file was removed, was to install my original Windows 7, activate it, set windows updates to notify but not download and then do the Windows 10 Upgrade again. Mine works perfectly as an upgrade so I don't need to RESET any more.
    Just to be on the safe side, I had the new system make a system image of the C drive on a usb hard drive. I also used Acronis 15 to clone the drive to another 80 gig hard drive (Acronis 14 and previous editions wont work on Windows 10). If I need to reset in the future I can either boot from a Windows 10 or 7 boot disc and restore from the system image or just boot the cloned drive.
    It's much better to spend a few minutes backing things up that pulling your hair out for days.

Johnkuestner, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Reboot Loop, cannot open Automatic Repair, can't run setup from USB - Similar Threads - Reboot Loop cannot

2. Unable to setup and run automatic repair

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to setup and run automatic repair: Hi... I'm facing the problem of preparing automatic repairThe system does not respond to resolve the problem.In the advanced options, I'm tried to continue with command prompt for advanced troubleshooting but the administrator wants password.However I don't know which...
  3. Unable to setup and run automatic repair

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to setup and run automatic repair: Hi... I'm facing the problem of preparing automatic repairThe system does not respond to resolve the problem.In the advanced options, I'm tried to continue with command prompt for advanced troubleshooting but the administrator wants password.However I don't know which...
  4. Unable to setup and run automatic repair

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Preparing automatic repair loop and unable to boot from USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Preparing automatic repair loop and unable to boot from USB: Hi. I have some problem with one game, and my PC freezes, often with a terrible noise, when I play it at a random moment, and I have to hard reset my PC. Yesterday I could not start my computer after such a reset, and I hung up on “preparing automatic repair loop”. I...
  6. Preparing automatic repair loop and unable to boot from USB

Preparing automatic repair loop and unable to boot from USB: Hi. I have some problem with one game, and my PC freezes, often with a terrible noise, when I play it at a random moment, and I have to hard reset my PC. Yesterday I could not start my computer after such a reset, and I hung up on “preparing automatic repair loop”. I...
  7. Preparing automatic repair loop and unable to boot from USB

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Automatic Repair Loop, cant repair from usb boot - not enough space

Automatic Repair Loop, cant repair from usb boot - not enough space: Is anyone able to help me fix this? Is it possible to be able to delete a folder or something in my downloads through the command prompt? I have 5 years of work on here that I can't lose....
  9. Cannot boot laptop from USB, gets stuck in a Preparing Automatic Repair loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot boot laptop from USB, gets stuck in a Preparing Automatic Repair loop: Hello, I was using my laptop yesterday an HP Omen and it suddenly went to a black screen withno visible cursor. I tried restarting it, and it was fixed until it happened again a couple of hours later. After I had restarted it again, it went into automatic repair mode. It...
  10. Automatic Repair Loop and Cannot Reinstall

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Automatic Repair Loop and Cannot Reinstall: So my friend's PC just started doing this today. He went to search for something in his computer and got the error "Cortana has encountered a critical error". His PC then restarted and now is in the automatic repair loop. He cannot reinstall... When he goes to tries to Keep...