Reboot loop, no bluescreen, no auto recovery.

Discus and support Reboot loop, no bluescreen, no auto recovery. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Yes, I've done "disable automatic restart after failure". The machine actually is not bluescreening. It brings up the windows logo, the white balls... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by FMA1394, Aug 4, 2015.

1. FMA1394 Win User

Yes, I've done "disable automatic restart after failure". The machine actually is not bluescreening. It brings up the windows logo, the white balls spin around a few times. Screen goes blank for two seconds and the logo and spinning balls come back. It goes black again about 5s later, and reboots. It never does automatic startup repair.

What happened was that I did a Windows 7 Professional x64 -> Windows 10 Pro x64 upgrade... and that's when things went horribly wrong. I've done the upgrade on three other machines and not had any trouble until this machine.

What I think happened is that there were file system errors that did not get checked before doing the upgrade (did Windows Setup stop checking the target drive for errors in recent years?). It puked out somewhere during the upgrade, and now is stuck in some horrific limbo. I've done the chkdsk /f and fixed all the errors. I've checked the SMART status of the SSD and it is in perfect health. I've rebuilt the bcd (both with bootrec /rebuildbcd and by hand), the mbr (bootrec /fixmbr), and the bootsector (bootrec /fixboot).

I've attempted to do a Startup Repair with the setup disk (the obvious choice, right?) but that's where things get odd. I choose Windows 10 Pro (not Windows 7 Professional which is still in the list) and I look in srttrail and it says at the bottom:

"The operating system version is incompatible with Startup Repair"

I'm 100% sure that this was the disk used to install the upgrade. I did not use the tray icon to do the upgrade because I don't want to have to download the upgrade files for every single computer.

Am I hosed? I'd really like to salvage the install on this computer. It's not my computer and the owner of the computer is going to start keeping backups (1TB WD Passport Ultra on the way, 20/20 hindsight, etc.) from now on. Hopefully, this is not beyond repair. Ideas appreciated.

:)

FMA1394, Aug 4, 2015
  2. kim13_OO Win User

BlueScreen : Kernel_INPAGE_DATA_ERROR

please i used the verifier first and now my pc is blocked in a loop i cant boot i get anothrr bluescreen each time my pc auto restart the error is DRIVER VERIFIER DETECRED VIOALTION

kim13_OO, Aug 4, 2015
  3. JamesRichardson1989 Win User
    Windows stuck in boot loop after update

windows unable to boot, im presented with a blue stop code. System then auto reboots and after a few restarts attempts to enter windows 10 recovery. System is unable to do so, when recovery is loading a green insider build stop code is shows and the system
    auto reboots again to start the loop again.

Both stop codes show same error

Page fault in non page area

What failed: Volsnap.sys

i am unable to even start windows or system recovery due to this.

any help would be greatly appreciated ��

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup

JamesRichardson1989, Aug 4, 2015
Thema:

1. Reboot loop, no bluescreen, no auto recovery. - Similar Threads - Reboot loop bluescreen

2. cant press F1 to accept reboot, leads to computer being blocked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    cant press F1 to accept reboot, leads to computer being blocked: Hi. I have a HP laptop/tablet and for a few months i havent been able to a windows update, so i thought i would reboot it, but at one point a black screen with blue texts came basicaly asking me to accept by pressing F1 or refusing with F2 but i cant press any of them and my...
  3. Windows boot loop problem ("attempting to recover installation" "restoring your previous...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows boot loop problem ("attempting to recover installation" "restoring your previous...: So I've been having this boot loop problem for two days, lenovo logo shows up and then it says "attempting to recover installation" and then quickly switch to saying "restoring your previous version of windows" and the pc restart again. I've managed to get into windows by...
  4. Laptop turned off halfway through factory reset. Now stuck on endless loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop turned off halfway through factory reset. Now stuck on endless loop: I decided to factory reset my laptop. Half way through the reset, my laptop battery completely stopped working so i decided to buy a new one. Once i turned on my laptop, it keeps saying “Preparing” with a loop. After that, the laptop restarts, it does it over and over again....
  5. Updated SurfaceBook 2 and now Bitlocker Recovery Code is needed

Updated SurfaceBook 2 and now Bitlocker Recovery Code is needed: Hi, I've read most everything about this problem and have tried all the suggestions so far and none seem to work. I ran updates a couple of days ago to my SurfaceBook 2 and now get a blue screen asking me to input a bitlocker recovery key. As others, I have never heard of...
  6. ADDING RECOVERY ENVIRONMENT TO SSD

ADDING RECOVERY ENVIRONMENT TO SSD: On last month I bought new Samsung SSD 860 EVO M.2 2280 and I installed windows 10 enterprise using windows 5.0 PE , I didn't used windows 10 DVD , instead I used install.wim and winre.wim after that all worked finely still yesterday night , Because I wanted...
  7. Just got a Bluescreen. Please help

Just got a Bluescreen. Please help: So I'm pretty sure this is unrelated but I installed a new Noctua heatsink this morning. I was playing Monster Hunter World when suddenly I got a bluescreen. Interestingly though the bluescreen lasted about 30seconds and after that the computer was already re logged in. Heres...
  8. After 1803 Intel Wireless-N 7254/3265 Bluetooth Bluescreens. How to clear ALL Bluetooth...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After 1803 Intel Wireless-N 7254/3265 Bluetooth Bluescreens. How to clear ALL Bluetooth...: I have decent Windows 10 skills but this one has me stumped so need advice/direction. This concerns my work notebook/ultrabook Asus UX305FA, running windows 10 x64 1803 build 17134.165 After the 1803 update, as it happened my Bluetooth device, a function of Intel's...
  9. Win 10 loops back after install

Win 10 loops back after install: Hi, I have been facing a Windows boot issue after the win update on my Samsung laptop np550p5c. I had posted a similar thread like which ended in a no response thread.kindly, check this post. Details of the issue. I tried reinstalling Windows by USB. It went successful n...
  10. help required to delete the extra recovery partition

in Windows 10 Support
    help required to delete the extra recovery partition: I had purchased an HP laptop that came with windows 8. This was upgraded online to v 8.1 and then to windows 10 and subsequently to the feature updates of Windows 10. When checking (yesterday) with disk management I found there were three recovery partitions apart from the...