Reboot loop, no bluescreen, no auto recovery.

Discus and support Reboot loop, no bluescreen, no auto recovery. in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Yes, I've done "disable automatic restart after failure". The machine actually is not bluescreening. It brings up the windows logo, the white balls... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by FMA1394, Aug 4, 2015.

1. FMA1394 Win User

Yes, I've done "disable automatic restart after failure". The machine actually is not bluescreening. It brings up the windows logo, the white balls spin around a few times. Screen goes blank for two seconds and the logo and spinning balls come back. It goes black again about 5s later, and reboots. It never does automatic startup repair.

What happened was that I did a Windows 7 Professional x64 -> Windows 10 Pro x64 upgrade... and that's when things went horribly wrong. I've done the upgrade on three other machines and not had any trouble until this machine.

What I think happened is that there were file system errors that did not get checked before doing the upgrade (did Windows Setup stop checking the target drive for errors in recent years?). It puked out somewhere during the upgrade, and now is stuck in some horrific limbo. I've done the chkdsk /f and fixed all the errors. I've checked the SMART status of the SSD and it is in perfect health. I've rebuilt the bcd (both with bootrec /rebuildbcd and by hand), the mbr (bootrec /fixmbr), and the bootsector (bootrec /fixboot).

I've attempted to do a Startup Repair with the setup disk (the obvious choice, right?) but that's where things get odd. I choose Windows 10 Pro (not Windows 7 Professional which is still in the list) and I look in srttrail and it says at the bottom:

"The operating system version is incompatible with Startup Repair"

I'm 100% sure that this was the disk used to install the upgrade. I did not use the tray icon to do the upgrade because I don't want to have to download the upgrade files for every single computer.

Am I hosed? I'd really like to salvage the install on this computer. It's not my computer and the owner of the computer is going to start keeping backups (1TB WD Passport Ultra on the way, 20/20 hindsight, etc.) from now on. Hopefully, this is not beyond repair. Ideas appreciated.

:)

FMA1394, Aug 4, 2015
  2. kim13_OO Win User

BlueScreen : Kernel_INPAGE_DATA_ERROR

please i used the verifier first and now my pc is blocked in a loop i cant boot i get anothrr bluescreen each time my pc auto restart the error is DRIVER VERIFIER DETECRED VIOALTION

kim13_OO, Aug 4, 2015
  3. JamesRichardson1989 Win User
    Windows stuck in boot loop after update

windows unable to boot, im presented with a blue stop code. System then auto reboots and after a few restarts attempts to enter windows 10 recovery. System is unable to do so, when recovery is loading a green insider build stop code is shows and the system
    auto reboots again to start the loop again.

Both stop codes show same error

Page fault in non page area

What failed: Volsnap.sys

i am unable to even start windows or system recovery due to this.

any help would be greatly appreciated ��

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup

JamesRichardson1989, Aug 4, 2015
Thema:

Reboot loop, no bluescreen, no auto recovery.

Reboot loop, no bluescreen, no auto recovery. - Similar Threads - Reboot loop bluescreen

1. Windows 10 won't boot after failed update - reboot loop / circle

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 won't boot after failed update - reboot loop / circle: Hi, I had automatic update on my Windows 10 machine. I snoozed it for later all day and left the house. When I got back computer was unresponsive so I rebooted it. Then it was stuck on reboot loop. Windows logo + rolling dots for a couple of seconds and then reboot. After...
  2. Windows 10 Pro: After update system is stuck in rebooting loop

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Pro: After update system is stuck in rebooting loop: Hello, I have new Surface book 2 13.5" for graphic design and so far it worked great until today. System updated and restarted and stuck in rebooting loop. Since then I can't do anything. I went through several hundreds of forum pages, youtube tutorials, but nothing works...
  3. BSOD reboot loop while playing BF1 System Service Exception

in Windows 10 Support
    BSOD reboot loop while playing BF1 System Service Exception: I was in the middle of a game in BF1 and my computer just crashed out of the blue, lol pun, and went into a reboot loop of BSODs. i tried everything i could in the system troubleshooting and advanced options menu, to include system restore, system image restore, go back to a...
  4. Blue screen of death reboot loop

in Windows 10 Support
    Blue screen of death reboot loop: someone please help me out. I am right now on the blue screen loop. So I already try and install the windows 10 from my usb but it doesnt work either. I follow the process and try to do a clean installaiton but still, another blue screen pops and the loop starts again. I have...
  5. Dell Inspiron 530 in reboot loop

in Windows 10 Support
    Dell Inspiron 530 in reboot loop: Today my sons Inspiron 530 tried to update in w10 and now it is stuck in a constant reboot loop. I can not get into safe mode no matter what keys I press. I get the splash screen, then says something, then says trying to restore previous os and then I get the windows logo and...
  6. Windows 10 Infinity reboot loop

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Infinity reboot loop: Hello, Today I was trying to do a hackintosh on another computer and was using my laptop to flash the usb for the hackintosh. One time usb stopped working, so I tried to delete an upper and a lower filter from regedit. Since that I couldn't boot up windows. I have tried to...
  7. Reboot loop at the beginning of fresh Windows 10 install on a SSD

in Windows 10 Support
    Reboot loop at the beginning of fresh Windows 10 install on a SSD: Hello, I am trying to do a fresh instal Windows 10 on a new SSD on my desktop, but no joy. Setup displays the windows logo, but when that circle start spinning, the computer reset/reboots itself. I have removed my HDD to do this (only the new SSD and optical drive are...
Reboot loop, no bluescreen, no auto recovery. solved