Windows 10: reboot loses printer!

Discus and support reboot loses printer! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Every time I reboot my computer, I'm unable to print from any program (Word, Publisher, etc.). I CAN (finally) print a test page but nothing comes up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by eyexam, Dec 19, 2018.

1. eyexam Win User

reboot loses printer!

Every time I reboot my computer, I'm unable to print from any program (Word, Publisher, etc.). I CAN (finally) print a test page but nothing comes up when doing a File>Print command.

I've removed and reloaded the driver.

I (finally) see that the printer is default (it was grayed out at first but now active).

Just get a "communication" error message.

Unplugged and re-plugged- no help.

Using Windows 10 Pro- 64 bit

Printer: HP LaserJet 1200 PCL

any ideas?????

thanks

Jeff

:)

eyexam, Dec 19, 2018
  2. Ruz San Win User

laptop keeps losing printer

Hi Roy,

There appears to be a problem with the driver for the printer that is installed on the laptop. Let's look into some things to identify what needs to be corrected. Kindly answer the following:

• Do you get any error messages when using the devices?
    • How do you uninstall and reinstall the printer?

Let's run the Printer Troubleshooter in Control Panel to collect more information about the problem. It may also fix the issue since Windows troubleshooters are designed to correct the issues they find on the system. Follow these steps to run the suggested
    tool:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshooting then press Enter.
    • On the left panel, click on View all.
    • Choose Printer and allow the troubleshooter to run.

We can move forward based on your updates.

Regards.

Ruz San, Dec 19, 2018
  3. Printer

Hi Rodrigo,

I am sorry to know that you are having issues with Printer.

What and all steps have you tried so far?

Restart the computer and check.

Also, check for Windows updates.

I suggest you to run the Printer Troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• In Search window type Troubleshooting and click on it to open it.

• Click on Hardware and Sound.

• Then click on Printer to run the troubleshooter. Follow onscreen steps.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Dec 19, 2018
  4. reboot loses printer!

Printer

Hi Brenda,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

I suggest you to use these steps and check:

• Press Windows/Start key.
    • Type Devices and Printers and then tap or click Devices and Printers.
    • Press and hold or right-click the printer you want to use, and then tap or click
      Set as default printer.
    Let us know if you need more information and we'll be glad to assist.

Navneet Anand, Dec 19, 2018
Thema:

reboot loses printer!

1. reboot loses printer! - Similar Threads - reboot loses printer

2. Windows 10 reboot loses all programs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 reboot loses all programs: This is a fairly long explanation of my issue. But I thought the more someone knew about this behavior may help determine the solution. Thanks for taking a look.My laptop running Windows 10 Home was in ‘sleep’ mode. I often do not shut down the laptop between uses....
  3. Losing shares after reboot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Losing shares after reboot: I've looked and haven't found the exact problem, but I'm sure there are others. I just got a new laptop, I have a lot of information on the old laptop, I didn't want to move to the new one, but still need access to. So I spent the time to go through all my files and rearrange...
  4. Losing Bluetooth Drivers with every reboot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Losing Bluetooth Drivers with every reboot: I have an Acer laptop running Win 10. Lately, I've been noticing that there is no bluetooth button in my task bar. So I go through "fix bluetooth" windows process & it reinstalls the drivers. I can then use bluetooth. But I keep having to do this over every time it seems. I...
  5. Losing Bluetooth Drivers with every reboot

in Windows 10 Support
    Losing Bluetooth Drivers with every reboot: I have an Acer laptop running Win 10. Lately, I've been noticing that there is no bluetooth button in my task bar. So I go through "fix bluetooth" windows process & it reinstalls the drivers. I can then use bluetooth. But I keep having to do this over every time it seems. I...
  6. Start tiles lose their icons on reboot/restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start tiles lose their icons on reboot/restart: MODS.... PLEASE DO NOT MERGE THIS WITH MY ORIGINAL THREAD. I RECEIVED NO HELP THAT WORKED AND IF YOU DO MERGE IT, THIS WILL GET BURIED AND MY QUESTION WILL NOT GET RESOLVED. Windows 10 Home version 1803 OS build 17134.285 When I reboot or restart, some of my Start Menu...
  7. printer loses internet

printer loses internet: My Epson xp-820 intermittently loses internet. If I turn off/on printer then I have internet. I've updated printer driver. Problem still there. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/printer-loses-internet/064f0439-2c61-42fe-b161-bfd58062be13
  8. Loses double height taskbar on logoff/reboot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Loses double height taskbar on logoff/reboot: As soon as I log off or reboot the VM W10 loses the double height taskbar. Is there a trick? I tried both small and normal taskbar icons. Also I have that jazz in the lower right corner of the desktop eval version etc. even though it says Windows Is Activated. It's English...
  9. Losing default printer

Losing default printer: This is a new behavior over the past few days - the default printer becomes unchecked, leaving me unable to print. Happens with or without a reboot. This would be relatively easy to fix each time, except that the Devices & Printers page takes 30-60 seconds to open. Any ideas?...
  10. Windows 10 loses customisations after reboot

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 loses customisations after reboot: Hi fellow Win 10 users My wife and I both have exactly the same computer - HP Touchsmart 620 - upgraded from Win 7. Our preferences include hiding the Language/Keyboard icon by customising the Taskbar & Start Menu options, and also turning off the touch screen function which...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 system lossing printer sharing after restart