Windows 10: Reboot.me file having date created as 1997

Discus and support Reboot.me file having date created as 1997 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; One of a few questions re: a new HP x360 Spectre convertible laptop that I purchased Dec 8 from BestBuy, I've already reset the machine once and thus... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Hooty_CA, Dec 11, 2018.

1. Hooty_CA Win User

Reboot.me file having date created as 1997

One of a few questions re: a new HP x360 Spectre convertible laptop that I purchased Dec 8 from BestBuy, I've already reset the machine once and thus far have only tried to set up. Has OEM Win10 home and McAfee trial software preinstalled.

I know there are old files lingering around, just curious why a 1997 file "REBOOT.ME" is still lingering, why date modified is newer than date created, and why the access date doesn't change?

Visible file contents:

FLAG FILE FOR CTO FACTORY OS INSTALL.
    QPham

Reboot.me file having date created as 1997 cd88bcd4-0e13-42a4-84c9-7c492456ce0c?upload=true.jpg Reboot.me file having date created as 1997 737f795b-f42a-4276-8a59-03953a36bd28?upload=true.jpg

***Modified title from: REBOOT.ME file 1997 datestamp on new Win10 laptop?***

:)

Hooty_CA, Dec 11, 2018
  2. Xylee Del Win User

File Explorer Date Created and Modified not always correct

Hi,

The File Explorer may have encountered a system conflict that caused this issue. For us to start with initial troubleshooting, we'd like to know more information, kindly answer the following questions:

• Which build and version of Windows 10 do you have?
    • In File Explorer, what does it indicate in the Date column? Does it show Date Modified or Date Created? (right click the Date Modified section at the top, which are the ones that has a checkmark?)
    • Which troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Kindly get back to us for further assistance.

Xylee Del, Dec 12, 2018
  3. file explorer shows created date not updated date.

Today, I went to Microsoft file explorer and sorted a list of files by date.

Imagine my horror when I saw that they were all old files.

In fact, the problem is that the date displayed is created date, and not updated date.

This is the first time that I have observed this - it has worked OK in the past.

GrahamDLovell, Dec 12, 2018
  4. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

Thema:

1. Reboot.me file having date created as 1997 - Similar Threads - Reboot file having

2. Incorrect "Date Created" dates in Windows 11 File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Incorrect "Date Created" dates in Windows 11 File Explorer: I have been having this problem for several months. Regardless of how I create a new file, the Date Created is incorrect. It is from 2008 today the dates is 2/7/2008. This occurs even if copy and paste a file within File Explorer.I've seen posts about utilities that can be...
  3. Incorrect "Date Created" dates in Windows 11 File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Incorrect "Date Created" dates in Windows 11 File Explorer: I have been having this problem for several months. Regardless of how I create a new file, the Date Created is incorrect. It is from 2008 today the dates is 2/7/2008. This occurs even if copy and paste a file within File Explorer.I've seen posts about utilities that can be...
  4. Incorrect "Date Created dates" in File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Incorrect "Date Created dates" in File Explorer.: Regarding "Date Created dates". I took about 800 photographs in June 2023 using both a Panasonic camera and a Samsung S6 phone. On sorting through these photographs recently, I found that the "Date Created" date had changed on over half these photographs.. This is occurring...
  5. Incorrect "Date Created dates" in File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Incorrect "Date Created dates" in File Explorer.: Regarding "Date Created dates". I took about 800 photographs in June 2023 using both a Panasonic camera and a Samsung S6 phone. On sorting through these photographs recently, I found that the "Date Created" date had changed on over half these photographs.. This is occurring...
  6. Created date on Copied file not that of source file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Created date on Copied file not that of source file: I need to copy PDF files attached to emails I use Thunderbird to local directories which i review using File Explorer. When I copy a file to a directory, the date created of the copied file becomes the date it was copied. Is there a way to have the "created date" for the...
  7. It it possible to have files show their date created without having the time stamp?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    It it possible to have files show their date created without having the time stamp?: In the file explorer you can choose which details of the files in a folder, one of them is Date Modified, however, while it does show the date it also shows the time, is is possible to just have the date? submitted by /u/LemonMcSqueezy [link] [comments]...
  8. File Explorer Create date attribute

File Explorer Create date attribute: When I change a file create date to any date before 1980, File Explorer does not show the date attribute and sorting by date does not work. I am using Bulk File Changer or Attribute Changer to change the attribute. I believe this is a bug....
  9. Windows Files - Create Date behavior

Windows Files - Create Date behavior: Hello Folks, I have a question regarding the way that Windows (Explorer) handles Dates in files. For example, when I save a file for the first time, it gets a Created date. However, when I copy that file and paste on the same drive (or separate drive - doesn't matter), the...
  10. Include date in file created by batch file.

in Windows 10 Support
    Include date in file created by batch file.: How can I add to this batch command to include the date: xcopy C:\all\* Z:\Allbak\* /E /Y /C I'd like the resulting file to be named "Z:\Allbak171129" (yr mo day). The plan is to set up a task schedule to run the batch file every week. I want to keep several previous...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reboot.me file