Windows 10: reboot of PC /lost files and applications/need to retrieve them

Discus and support reboot of PC /lost files and applications/need to retrieve them in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I downloaded some software, "Get my Drivers". Lost all non default apps and files in the process. I want to retrieve them but am having trouble. PC is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TimothyHawkins1, Jul 19, 2020.

1. reboot of PC /lost files and applications/need to retrieve them

I downloaded some software, "Get my Drivers". Lost all non default apps and files in the process. I want to retrieve them but am having trouble. PC is a laptop, Sony with Windows 10 newly downloaded. Please assist.

:)

TimothyHawkins1, Jul 19, 2020

2. File Lost!!

I had that happen once where I lost a file that was too big to recover, and I couldn't find a utility that could do it, either . . .

I ended up having to take the HDD to CompUSA and have them retrieve the lost info *Eek! reboot of PC /lost files and applications/need to retrieve them :eek:

imperialreign, Jul 19, 2020
  3. f14tomcat Win User
    Lost a lot of files, need help getting them back

Shadow Copies usually refers to Restore Points. For now, if you can, recover everything Recuva can, including the "shadow copies". One step at a time. If they are, in fact, Restore Points, there are ways to "explore" the Restore Point and extract the files. I do not want to get into the nuts and bolts of that at this point. Get the Recuva done first! Stop the bleeding! To an ext drive.

f14tomcat, Jul 19, 2020
  4. M.DiazzL Win User

reboot of PC /lost files and applications/need to retrieve them

Lost files from desktop after retrieving them on Windows 10

Old title: lost files after retrieving them

I had an upgrade to windows 10 yesterday. After that I searched for my files and I put them back on my desktop, but today when I tried to use the computer again they were lost and I have tried everything: troubleshooting, searching on window.old, but they
    are not there. Where could they be? Why did the desktop not stay as I configurated it yesterday after the upgrade?

Thank you

M.DiazzL, Jul 19, 2020
Thema:

reboot of PC /lost files and applications/need to retrieve them

1. reboot of PC /lost files and applications/need to retrieve them - Similar Threads - reboot lost files

2. Retrieve lost files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Retrieve lost files: My laptop decided to completely loose windows my laptop sees no OS at all I'm buying windows disc to re install but there are files on the HDD that I wish to retrieve please tell me how in step by step...
  3. Retrieve lost files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Retrieve lost files: My laptop decided to completely loose windows my laptop sees no OS at all I'm buying windows disc to re install but there are files on the HDD that I wish to retrieve please tell me how in step by step...
  4. Retrieve lost files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Retrieve lost files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Retrieve lost files?: Hi there, I need help for my recently upgrade to windows 10. I just upgraded my windows 8.1 to windows 10 a few days ago. And after it finished, I couldn't find my files at first, then I found them under my user, then I moved all my files from folders document, downloads and...
  6. Retrieve lost files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Retrieve lost files?: Hi there, I need help for my recently upgrade to windows 10. I just upgraded my windows 8.1 to windows 10 a few days ago. And after it finished, I couldn't find my files at first, then I found them under my user, then I moved all my files from folders document, downloads and...
  7. Retrieve lost files?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. retrieving lost emails

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    retrieving lost emails: How do I retrieve 2 emails that were sent but never arrived at their destination? They do not appear in the sent box, trash, anywhere. After I sent the first one, I was prompted for a password but couldn't supply the one they wanted. I sent another email to the same...
  9. Retrieving lost powerpoint

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Retrieving lost powerpoint: I emptied my trash folder after accidentally inserting the powerpoint I wished to save. Can I retrieve it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/retrieving-lost-powerpoint/c9f6eba8-faba-46a1-8aca-6cacd7ade6c7"
  10. Lost a lot of files, need help getting them back

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost a lot of files, need help getting them back: I was trying to get rid of a ghost file on my desktop through the rmdir command in Command Prompt, but I made a stupid mistake and accidentally deleted all the files on my desktop, which I then tried to rectify with a system restore, only to discover that I barely got any of...