Windows 10: Reboot overrides registry setting

Discus and support Reboot overrides registry setting in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How do I keep windows 10 update 2020 from overriding my HID-compliant touch screen registry setting on reboot? I had to set it to off because the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Charley7, Sep 20, 2020.

1. Charley7 Win User

Reboot overrides registry setting

How do I keep windows 10 update 2020 from overriding my HID-compliant touch screen registry setting on reboot?

I had to set it to off because the update made my mouse move by itself.

:)

Charley7, Sep 20, 2020

2. Registry folder removed after reboot

You need to do this to find out:

1. Play the game, then close it.
    2. Check if the registry subkeys of HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JavaSoft\ exist.
    3. Reboot.
    4. Check if the registry subkeys of HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JavaSoft\ exist.

I strongly suspect that the answer is "Yes" in Steps 2 and 4. This would mean that the game deletes the subkeys.

Frederik Long, Sep 20, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Changes made in Registry, Services or Settings not saving

Hi, suggestions:
    1. Disable Fast startup.
    How do I enable or disable fast startup?

• Type Control Panel in the search box.
    • Click Control Panel.
    • Click Power Options.
    • Click Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Click Change settings that are currently unavailable.
    • Scroll down to Shutdown settings and uncheck Turn on fast startup.
    • Click Save changes.

2. There have been cases where an old version 3rd party program has caused settings to revert on rebooting. E.g. winzip, albeit when setting file type association defaults.
    3. Registry permissions problems.
    You could try Tweaking.com's free cautious repair tool, selecting only the relevant registry permissions repair.

You might also compare results when working in Safe Mode.

For more: Google search
    registry change revert on reboot
    gives many results.

dalchina, Sep 20, 2020
  4. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Sep 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Reboot overrides registry setting - Similar Threads - Reboot overrides registry

2. how to override system protection settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to override system protection settings?: How to override system protection settings through command prompt?Sections are grayed out and cannot be accessed. Is someone else controlling my computer remotely?...
  3. how to override system protection settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to override system protection settings?: How to override system protection settings through command prompt?Sections are grayed out and cannot be accessed. Is someone else controlling my computer remotely?...
  4. Settings override

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings override: Whenever I'm in the settings app, I get the `Systemsettings.exe - System Error` "The system detected an overrun of a stack-bassed buffer in this application, This overrun could potentially allow a malicious user to gain control of this application."...
  5. Rollback being overrid upon reboot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Rollback being overrid upon reboot: There's a driver that keeps messing up my pc - pci bus. It's the AMD brand, but the thing is, my pc works just fine when it runs PCI Express Root Complex (10.0.19041.488 , 6/21/2006) HOWEVER, everytime I try to rollback the AMD pci bus and then reboot, I go to check and...
  6. Mass set High DPI scaling override

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mass set High DPI scaling override: [ATTACH] I just recently got a 1440p monitor, but the rest of mine are still on 1080p, and because of Windows scaling Issues I tried changing these settings. They do help, but it's annoying to do this for every application. Is there a way to mass change these settings for...
  7. setting registry settings to default

in Cortana
    setting registry settings to default: I downloaded iobit advanced system care and CCleaner to get more storage but it made some changes to the Windows registry due to which, my search bar is displaying correct results. I tried searching for troubleshooting and add or remove a program, but no or incorrect result...
  8. Registry Settings Revert after Reboot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Registry Settings Revert after Reboot: Because the advanced appearance settings in win10 were omitted I manually tweaked the registry. After log off or reboot they (the registry) assume the default state. Now I'm pretty desperate and in fragile mental condition. But I'm here now and know that You'll came up with a...
  9. Updates Overriding Settings

in Browsers and Email
    Updates Overriding Settings: Miscrosoft windows updates reset my default from FF to IE; I did not tell it to. It installed all those unwanted search engines I didnt want. NOT HAPPY Microsoft, my pc is MINE, not yours. Leave my setting alone. 39742
  10. Cortana registry setting?

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana registry setting?: Does anyone know where is Cortana's core/MAIN settings are in the registry? Thank you! 80773