Windows 10: reboot pc

Discus and support reboot pc in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; cannot get past spinning dots https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reboot-pc/97c0e669-12dd-4fe1-9b3a-ce3050376e3f Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PRGraham1, Oct 3, 2019.

1. PRGraham1 Win User

reboot pc

cannot get past spinning dots

:)

PRGraham1, Oct 3, 2019
  2. Thrackan Win User

PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, Oct 3, 2019
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Oct 3, 2019
  4. reboot pc

Lenovo Erazer X315 desktop PC running WIN 10 Home will reboot on its own

Hi Manny,

This is a common concern when
    a PC is overheating, infected by a malware,
    installing Windows updates,
    conflict in system the files, hardware malfunction and such. For us to determine what's causing this concern, please provide information on the following:

• Your Windows 10 Version and OS build. (Start > Settings > System > About).
    • Is the reboot happening intermittently?
    • Tell us any troubleshooting steps that you've done for us to avoid repeating the steps.

For now, we suggest updating your drivers from your manufacturer's website and check if your system is tested with Windows 10.

We look forward to your response.

All the best.

Roberto Ven, Oct 3, 2019
Thema:

reboot pc

1. reboot pc - Similar Threads - reboot

2. The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck - Windows 11: Hi, my computer has been crashing for a few weeks. This happens every time my computer is idle and not used for some time, I have downloaded all the latest versions of the drivers. Here is the code from the event viewer:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck...
  3. The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck - Windows 11: Hi, my computer has been crashing for a few weeks. This happens every time my computer is idle and not used for some time, I have downloaded all the latest versions of the drivers. Here is the code from the event viewer:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck...
  4. my computer wont show a sign in option after I tried to safe reboot or go into safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my computer wont show a sign in option after I tried to safe reboot or go into safe mode: my keyboard wont work, it wont show the time, I can only use the 3 things on the bottom and it lets me use my keyboard but never for anything useful such as any other type of reboot or recover backif it says there is no image please reply idkif you know of a fix or what this...
  5. my computer wont show a sign in option after I tried to safe reboot or go into safe mode

my computer wont show a sign in option after I tried to safe reboot or go into safe mode: my keyboard wont work, it wont show the time, I can only use the 3 things on the bottom and it lets me use my keyboard but never for anything useful such as any other type of reboot or recover backif it says there is no image please reply idkif you know of a fix or what this...
  6. Why does my laptop ask for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my laptop ask for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect...: It appears I have fixed my own problem but all the prior threads on the subject were locked, so I made my own to help others with this issue.I am running windows 11, but this may be the same on other versions.The security key is not controlled in the "WLAN Autoconfig" service...
  7. Why does my laptop ask for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect...

Why does my laptop ask for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect...: It appears I have fixed my own problem but all the prior threads on the subject were locked, so I made my own to help others with this issue.I am running windows 11, but this may be the same on other versions.The security key is not controlled in the "WLAN Autoconfig" service...
  8. Why does my laptop ask for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my laptop ask for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect...: I have a brand new computer. Every time it reboots, I have to manually input the security key for the WIFI. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-laptop-ask-for-the-wi-fi-security-key/eedc086b-33f2-4cfa-b28d-1d5096401a4d
  9. Why does my laptop ask for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect...

Why does my laptop ask for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect...: I have a brand new computer. Every time it reboots, I have to manually input the security key for the WIFI. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-laptop-ask-for-the-wi-fi-security-key/eedc086b-33f2-4cfa-b28d-1d5096401a4d
  10. My laptop asks for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect Automatically"...

My laptop asks for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect Automatically"...: I have a brand new Asus computer running Windows Home 11. Every time it reboots, I have to manually input the security key for the WIFI. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-asks-for-the-wi-fi-security-key-after-a/eedc086b-33f2-4cfa-b28d-1d5096401a4d