Windows 10: Reboot with some games

Discus and support Reboot with some games in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; While gaming, the PC will suddenly reboot. Occasionally I'll see a BSOD, but usually it just does a reboot. It's not with all games, some games I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Rayden, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Rayden Win User

Reboot with some games

While gaming, the PC will suddenly reboot. Occasionally I'll see a BSOD, but usually it just does a reboot.
    It's not with all games, some games I can play for days without having the issue once, while other games it'll happen at least once per session.

I've done a bios update, removed any overclock I had, checked (most) driver updates, reinstalled Nvidia drivers after using DDU, Windows is up to date as well,.. I'm running out of ideas, other then starting to swap out hardware. But I'd prefer not to buy something I may not need.

:)

Rayden, Feb 4, 2019

2. Windows 10 rebooting during gaming

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community Forums. Your interest on Windows 10 is appreciated.

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing. We are glad to help you.

Please share this with us:

• Is the issue occurring with a particular game or with all games?

• Is the game compatible with Windows 10?

• Are you trying to play online games?

I would suggest you to update the graphics card driver and check if it works fine:

Follow the steps:

• Right click on start menu and tap on device manager.

• Select display adapters from the list and hit enter.

• Right click on the display adapters and select update.

Hope it helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist.

Thank you.

Jenith_James, Feb 4, 2019
  3. Game freezes or comp reboots in WoT win 10 pro build 10586

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if some system files is corrupt.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "Game freezes or comp reboots in", is the freezing issue occurring while playing game or in other situations also?
    • Is the issue particular to a game or with all the games?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to run System File Checker on the computer and also try to reinstall the game in compatibility mode.

Step 1: I suggest you to perform a System File Checker of the Computer and check if it helps.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

1. Right click on Start Menu.

2. Click on Command Prompt (Admin).

3. Then type ”sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit on
    Enter Key.

Step 2: I recommend you to uninstall and reinstall the game in compatibility mode. Check if it helps.

1. Right-click on the game setup file and click on ‘Properties’'.

2. Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 7, 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the
    computer and check if the issue persists.

Please get back to us with an update on freezing issue while playing game and computer reboots automatically, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Feb 4, 2019
  4. Blindears Win User

Reboot with some games

Game freezes or comp reboots in WoT win 10 pro build 10586

Thank you, I fixed prob by clean install of older nvidia drivers. Have marked your 'Step 1' down for future ref Reboot with some games ;)

Blindears, Feb 4, 2019
Thema:

Reboot with some games

1. Reboot with some games - Similar Threads - Reboot games

2. PC freezed and started making cracking sounds during game, and after reboot the hardware...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezed and started making cracking sounds during game, and after reboot the hardware...: My PC froze in the middle of a game and started making strange cracking noises. Now, after rebooting, the monitor, mouse and keyboard completely aren't working, like it don't respond, but the PC is on. I've checked and rechecked all the cables hundred times, but the issue...
  3. PC freezed and started making cracking sounds during game, and after reboot the hardware...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC freezed and started making cracking sounds during game, and after reboot the hardware...: My PC froze in the middle of a game and started making strange cracking noises. Now, after rebooting, the monitor, mouse and keyboard completely aren't working, like it don't respond, but the PC is on. I've checked and rechecked all the cables hundred times, but the issue...
  4. PC freezed and started making cracking sounds during game, and after reboot the hardware...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. PC freezed and started making cracking sounds during game, and after reboot the hardware...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. PC freezed and started making cracking sounds during game, and after reboot the hardware...

7. PC freezed and started making cracking sounds during game, and after reboot the hardware...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Why does my gaming laptop keep rebooting by itself?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my gaming laptop keep rebooting by itself?: So I have a HP Victor gaming laptop that I've had for about 5 months and never had any issues with it up until about a week or so ago. It just started to reboot out of nowhere whether im just browsing chrome or playing a game, anything really. And I've done quite literally...
  9. Why does my gaming laptop keep rebooting by itself?

Why does my gaming laptop keep rebooting by itself?: So I have a HP Victor gaming laptop that I've had for about 5 months and never had any issues with it up until about a week or so ago. It just started to reboot out of nowhere whether im just browsing chrome or playing a game, anything really. And I've done quite literally...
  10. PC Crashes and Reboots when playing one specific video game

PC Crashes and Reboots when playing one specific video game: As the title says, whenever I play a certain game, the PC crashes and reboots. It is the only game that does it, as any other video game doesn't do that. It's been happening for about 2 days now.Here are the DMP files from the crashes.040824-5812-01.zip...