Windows 10: Rebooted Surface Pro 4 with the USB which installs Windows 10 but it's stuck on Windows setup

Discus and support Rebooted Surface Pro 4 with the USB which installs Windows 10 but it's stuck on Windows setup in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Rebooted again the surface pro 4 since it was stuck booting to Surface UEFI followed the same instructions as the lady who posted this question... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Bernadette Sofia, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Rebooted Surface Pro 4 with the USB which installs Windows 10 but it's stuck on Windows setup

Rebooted again the surface pro 4 since it was stuck booting to Surface UEFI followed the same instructions as the lady who posted this question "Surface Pro 4 stuck booting to Surface UEFI? Loop". Did all the steps but when it came to setting up windows I can't click on anything in the windoes setup, I can't even click next to continue to the next step. Funny thing is that if I remove the USB and open the Surface UEFI I can press and interact with the screen.

Please help before I smash this tablet, I've been frustrated for days. It shouldn't be this frustrating to use a product that's catered to everyone.

:)

Bernadette Sofia, Feb 19, 2019

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Feb 19, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Boot Surface Laptop to USB - no Volume button

Hello Jimmy, Rebooted Surface Pro 4 with the USB which installs Windows 10 but it's stuck on Windows setup :)

This doesn't list the "Surface Laptop", but you might give it a try to see.

*Arrow Boot Microsoft Surface from a USB device

Otherwise, you should be able to use OPTION ONE below to boot from the USB from advanced startup.

*Arrow Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Brink, Feb 19, 2019
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Rebooted Surface Pro 4 with the USB which installs Windows 10 but it's stuck on Windows setup

Delta6326, Feb 19, 2019
Thema:

Rebooted Surface Pro 4 with the USB which installs Windows 10 but it's stuck on Windows setup

1. Rebooted Surface Pro 4 with the USB which installs Windows 10 but it's stuck on Windows setup - Similar Threads - Rebooted Surface Pro

2. I have a surface pro 4 which is stuck in a loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a surface pro 4 which is stuck in a loop: My surface pro 4 keeps trying to update to Windows 11 even though it can't take it, it was still rolled out to it Why? anyway back to the question I really want to ask, each time I turn the surface pro off it says shut down and update to windows 11 so it goes through the...
  3. I have a surface pro 4 which is stuck in a loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a surface pro 4 which is stuck in a loop: My surface pro 4 keeps trying to update to Windows 11 even though it can't take it, it was still rolled out to it Why? anyway back to the question I really want to ask, each time I turn the surface pro off it says shut down and update to windows 11 so it goes through the...
  4. Can't setup Facial Sign-in on Surface Pro 4

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't setup Facial Sign-in on Surface Pro 4: I have a refurbished Surface Pro 4. Trying to set up facial sign-in. In settings Windows Hello Face, I click Setup, then Get Started, it asks for my PIN, the camera comes on, and I see my face. But then, nothing. There are no boxes and no other buttons to press. Just...
  5. Can't setup Facial Sign-in on Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't setup Facial Sign-in on Surface Pro 4: I have a refurbished Surface Pro 4. Trying to set up facial sign-in. In settings Windows Hello Face, I click Setup, then Get Started, it asks for my PIN, the camera comes on, and I see my face. But then, nothing. There are no boxes and no other buttons to press. Just...
  6. Can't setup Facial Sign-in on Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Surface Pro 4 USB not connecting to scanner

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 4 USB not connecting to scanner: Trying to get a small check scanner connected to a surface pro. When I connect the scanner, the USB doesnt seem to recognize the device. When I plug in a cell phone, the USB recognizes the phone. The scanner is working correcdtly as I plug it into the PC tower next to the...
  8. Installing Windows 2004 on Surface Pro 4.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Windows 2004 on Surface Pro 4.: I have a Surface Pro 4 i5, 4GB running Windows 10 1809 and I was wondering if I can install Windows 10 2004 without having any issues? Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-windows-2004-on-surface-pro-4/a8ef6acf-e4df-4891-a46a-d491d7659d25
  9. Windows 10 on Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 on Surface Pro 4: I currently own a Surface Pro 4 i5/8gb/256gb that I am considering selling. I am planning to buy a used Surface Pro 4 that has i7/16gb/512gb as an upgrade. My question is: will I have to buy a copy of Windows 10 to install on the used Surface that I buy or do I somehow...
  10. Surface Laptop - Windows 10 Pro - Stuck on reboot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Laptop - Windows 10 Pro - Stuck on reboot: Hi there, I left my computer on earlier today and just went to use it. It appears the laptop has rebooted. It is showing a black screen (like a normal restart), with the Windows logo / 4 boxes is in the center of the screen, and on the bottom right is an icon that looks...