Windows 10: Rebooting After Updates

Discus and support Rebooting After Updates in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi since this update KB5004296 was installed my PC yesterday, it reboots on its own. After this update was installed today KB5004331, it rebooted on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by xXTenXx, Aug 4, 2021.

1. xXTenXx Win User

Rebooting After Updates

Hi since this update KB5004296 was installed my PC yesterday, it reboots on its own. After this update was installed today KB5004331, it rebooted on it's own. Anybody else experienced this problem, is it a problem?

:)

xXTenXx, Aug 4, 2021
  2. deving Win User

User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Aug 4, 2021
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Rebooting After Updates :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Aug 4, 2021
  4. btarunr Win User

Rebooting After Updates

Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Aug 4, 2021
Thema:

Rebooting After Updates

1. Rebooting After Updates - Similar Threads - Rebooting Updates

2. Windows 10 Update freezes at 99% on reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Update freezes at 99% on reboot: Hi. By the last regular W10 Update last week my W stucks on reboot.I waited 1 night and made a hard reset but no changes.Then 3 reboots after hours with same result .I dont know the kb number, who would remember..?What can i do?Thx...
  3. Windows 10 Update freezes at 99% on reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Update freezes at 99% on reboot: Hi. By the last regular W10 Update last week my W stucks on reboot.I waited 1 night and made a hard reset but no changes.Then 3 reboots after hours with same result .I dont know the kb number, who would remember..?What can i do?Thx...
  4. Windows 10 Update freezes at 99% on reboot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. MS Update reboot even in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Update reboot even in sleep mode: on my working station I have open abt. 10 windows with autocad, 3 with navisworks and some with nesting software. when updates are being pushed, w11 reboots, when not used. this means, it kills all my open apps, installs useless updates and i have to start over. I tried to...
  6. MS Update reboot even in sleep mode

MS Update reboot even in sleep mode: on my working station I have open abt. 10 windows with autocad, 3 with navisworks and some with nesting software. when updates are being pushed, w11 reboots, when not used. this means, it kills all my open apps, installs useless updates and i have to start over. I tried to...
  7. Stop Windows 11 from Automatically Rebooting after an Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop Windows 11 from Automatically Rebooting after an Update: I run electromagnetic simulations that sometimes will run for a week continuously. If interrupted, I'll lose all the work and will have to start again. I just lost a week's worth of work because Microsoft Windows forces the operating system to automatically reboot. Clearly,...
  8. Stop Windows 11 from Automatically Rebooting after an Update

Stop Windows 11 from Automatically Rebooting after an Update: I run electromagnetic simulations that sometimes will run for a week continuously. If interrupted, I'll lose all the work and will have to start again. I just lost a week's worth of work because Microsoft Windows forces the operating system to automatically reboot. Clearly,...
  9. New computer reboots while updating

New computer reboots while updating: Hello, I just built my 2nd computer and have been having issues with it rebooting after about 20min.I did a fresh install of windows 10 pro from USB. I immediately went to update everything. I began the updates and it rebooted mid way through a majority of the updates. After...
  10. New computer reboots while updating

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New computer reboots while updating: Hello, I just built my 2nd computer and have been having issues with it rebooting after about 20min.I did a fresh install of windows 10 pro from USB. I immediately went to update everything. I began the updates and it rebooted mid way through a majority of the updates. After...