Windows 10: Rebooting after waking from sleep. Possibly GPU related

Discus and support Rebooting after waking from sleep. Possibly GPU related in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi there The experts on this forum have been very helpful in the past in solving obscure Windows problems so I thought I'd ask another one: I used to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by slickochet, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Rebooting after waking from sleep. Possibly GPU related

Hi there

The experts on this forum have been very helpful in the past in solving obscure Windows problems so I thought I'd ask another one:

I used to sleep my Win10 machine every night, but a while ago it stopped being able to wake from sleep and would instead wake up to a blank screen, sit for a minute or two and then reboot. I've tried various methods to investigate and fix it, but a solution has evaded me so far. Logs seem to suggest it is related to the GPU so I have uninstalled, deleted drivers, tried different versions of drivers, etc but nothing works.

In case anyone suggests it, changing GPU is currently not an option at the moment. So if this is the source of the problem and no other work around exists, I will have to live with it.

I have attached the logs from the log collector tool as well as the minidump file that seems most relevant to it (not sure if this is a duplicate or not)

Any advice would be appreciated.JIMBOB-(2020-01-09_15-25-03).zipnvidia resume sleep bugcheck.txt

Many thanks in advance!

:)

slickochet, Jan 13, 2020

2. Rebooting after waking from sleep. Possibly GPU related

Hi there

The experts on this forum have been very helpful in the past in solving obscure Windows problems so I thought I'd ask another one:

I used to sleep my Win10 machine every night, but a while ago it stopped being able to wake from sleep and would instead wake up to a blank screen, sit for a minute or two and then reboot. I've tried various methods to investigate and fix it, but a solution has evaded me so far. Logs seem to suggest it is related to the GPU so I have uninstalled, deleted drivers, tried different versions of drivers, etc but nothing works.

In case anyone suggests it, changing GPU is currently not an option at the moment. So if this is the source of the problem and no other work around exists, I will have to live with it.

I have attached the logs from the log collector tool as well as the minidump file that seems most relevant to it (not sure if this is a duplicate or not)

Any advice would be appreciated.JIMBOB-(2020-01-09_15-25-03).zipnvidia resume sleep bugcheck.txt

Many thanks in advance!

slickochet, Jan 13, 2020
  3. Ztruker Win User
    Rebooting after waking from sleep. Possibly GPU related

Definitely GPU related. When did this start happening? I see you have 441.87 Nvidia driver which is the latest available. Do you always update when a new version is released? I suggest going back a few levels to early November or late October version and see if that makes a difference.

Rebooting after waking from sleep. Possibly GPU related [​IMG]

Remove and install latest Nvidia drivers:

Get the latest driver for your Nvidia card here: NVIDIA Driver Downloads
    Completely uninstall the current Nvidia display drivers using Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) from WagnardMobile here: Official Download Here. Do this in Safe Mode.

Then do a custom install of only the Nvidia Graphics and PhysX driver.

See if that gets rid of the problem.

Alternative is to power off the system at night or use a screen saver and power settings instead of sleep.

Ztruker, Jan 13, 2020
  4. Rebooting after waking from sleep. Possibly GPU related

I've tried it before with short sleeps and yeah it still does it.

But I installed Nvidia's latest driver yesterday and hadn't tried sleeping it again since then until you suggested checking short sleeps.

And now it resumes from sleep fine....

I guess Nvidia fixed it....

Sorry to waste your time, folks!

slickochet, Jan 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Rebooting after waking from sleep. Possibly GPU related - Similar Threads - Rebooting waking sleep

2. Bsod after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bsod after waking from sleep: Hello,I'm having bsod lately after waking pc from sleep, I can't catch that screen, it goes off really quick.it's a new pc, installed win10 about a month agohere's my dmp fileshttps://1drv.ms/u/s!AqFHk3GAh2ODgfZFUZ7hWiJMBPtoDg?e=wVsUqh...
  3. Bsod after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bsod after waking from sleep: Hello,I'm having bsod lately after waking pc from sleep, I can't catch that screen, it goes off really quick.it's a new pc, installed win10 about a month agohere's my dmp fileshttps://1drv.ms/u/s!AqFHk3GAh2ODgfZFUZ7hWiJMBPtoDg?e=wVsUqh...
  4. Crash After Waking From Sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Crash After Waking From Sleep: I got a crash after waking from sleep and I got this from the windows dump file using windbg. What is causing this error?Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.21349.1004 AMD64Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.Loading Dump File...
  5. My PC reboots after waking up from Sleep Mode

My PC reboots after waking up from Sleep Mode: The laptop normally goes to sleep but when it wakes up, it starts rebooting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-reboots-after-waking-up-from-sleep-mode/cd65a00a-2a7c-471e-bb2e-98e55155a440
  6. BSOD after wake from sleep

BSOD after wake from sleep: Every once in a while when my computer wakes from sleep it experiences a BSOD and restarts. This doesn't happen every time, but it's been happening for a few months now so it's quite annoying. I've installed all the latest windows 10 updates and video card driver, but it...
  7. Reboot after waking from sleep (Error 41)

Reboot after waking from sleep (Error 41): Hey all, first post here, glad to be on such a helping community. ASUS UX303LN user. Before 3 days, my laptop started refusing to wake up from sleep properly, instead it reboots from a clean state, It is as if I am pressing an invisible reset button that starts the...
  8. Computer reboots constantly after waking up from hybrid sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer reboots constantly after waking up from hybrid sleep: When I sometimes wake the computer up from hybrid sleep, it reboots constantly until I would turn off the PSU and turn it on back again and then I power on my PC and it boots normally Why is this issue happening? 79244
  9. Wake from Sleep - Laptop Reboots itself

in Windows 10 Support
    Wake from Sleep - Laptop Reboots itself: Hi Guys, Please help me a little, I think I'm losing my mind. I have an Asus Ultrabook, UX302L. It came with windows 8 from the factory, I upgraded it to windows 10, all nice and wonderful. About a month ago, I replaced my HDD with an Samsung 850 Evo SSD and I installed...
  10. Laptop reboots after trying to wake it from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop reboots after trying to wake it from sleep: I have a huge problem with my ASUS laptop ( ROG G501JW ). I had unrelated problems with Windows 10 most likely caused by malware infection that had me use "Reset PC" option that basically performs fresh Windows 10 installation as far as settings go. After performing it I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. amd gpu reboot while sleep