Windows 10: rebooting always brings up the bsod screen

Discus and support rebooting always brings up the bsod screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Initially I got IRQ_LESS_OR_EQUAL and it hung on bsod. Manual reboot power off/on. Windows starts fine, but a restart always brings bsod screen and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MikeWLewis, Sep 24, 2020.

1. rebooting always brings up the bsod screen

Initially I got IRQ_LESS_OR_EQUAL and it hung on bsod. Manual reboot power off/on. Windows starts fine, but a restart always brings bsod screen and hang, but with DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION. Dumps available.

:)

MikeWLewis, Sep 24, 2020
  2. Thrackan Win User

PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, Sep 24, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Sep 24, 2020
  4. DRDNA Win User

rebooting always brings up the bsod screen

PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Try OCCT with just one stick of ram if crash then try the 2nd stick by it self. Lets eliminate the ram from the scenario.

I would think its more likely to be the Ram cuz of OCCT or maybe the mobo but I doubt the tumble did anything to the CPU.

DRDNA, Sep 24, 2020
Thema:

rebooting always brings up the bsod screen

1. rebooting always brings up the bsod screen - Similar Threads - rebooting always brings

2. Reboot always requires the recovery key.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reboot always requires the recovery key.: I have Windows 11 HOME not Pro. Device Encryption is turned on. I do not have access to the "BitLocker driver encryption" which is a separate option in the "device encryption" section under Setting --> Privacy & Security --> Device Encryption.I have a Dell Inspiron 2-in-1...
  3. Reboot always requires the recovery key.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reboot always requires the recovery key.: I have Windows 11 HOME not Pro. Device Encryption is turned on. I do not have access to the "BitLocker driver encryption" which is a separate option in the "device encryption" section under Setting --> Privacy & Security --> Device Encryption.I have a Dell Inspiron 2-in-1...
  4. Right Click always brings up search bar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right Click always brings up search bar?: Every time I right click with my touchpad it brings up the search bar. This is incredibly annoying for when I playing games and every time I click it brings up the search. I can't seem to find any way in the settings to stop this. Please help....
  5. Right Click always brings up search bar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right Click always brings up search bar?: Every time I right click with my touchpad it brings up the search bar. This is incredibly annoying for when I playing games and every time I click it brings up the search. I can't seem to find any way in the settings to stop this. Please help....
  6. Two issues to bring up.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Two issues to bring up.: First... Is it just me, or is Windows disabling devices when you postpone updates too much? I'm not a saint, I know updates are important. I just have a very inconsistent sleep schedule, and am annoyed by having to boot everything up every update. But it feels like every...
  7. why does it take 20 secounts to bring up a new screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    why does it take 20 secounts to bring up a new screen: why does it take so long to bring up a new screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-it-take-20-secounts-to-bring-up-a-new/2ef3f907-d33b-44cb-9efb-0ef603bdf6b3
  8. Dial-up and the pains it brings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dial-up and the pains it brings: I am connected to a dial up connection but on the Internet status in settings it says I am not connected to any networks. This is relevant because it doesn't allow me to use any Microsoft apps such as the Xbox app, Windows Store and Netflix. I've tried resetting the...
  9. Starting Edge brings up screen warning

in Browsers and Email
    Starting Edge brings up screen warning: When I start edge, (Using the new 10240 release) I get a warning screen that says: WARNING: ACDnet Customer - Your PC may have critical security vulnerabilities, Call 8880491-6283 now for IMMEDIATE assistance. There is an OK box on the screen. Clicking on OK takes away the...
  10. how to bring window up to full screen

in Browsers and Email
    how to bring window up to full screen: Hi, Can anyone tell me how to bring a page to full page while using Edge in Windows 10? Thanks and regards, 22887