Windows 10: Rebooting breaks my HD audio...

Discus and support Rebooting breaks my HD audio... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This is really strange. System: Windows 10 Pro x64. Intel Core i7-6700, 64GB, GeForce GTX 1060, Core Chipset: Intel Z170 with an AMI BIOS. I used... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ed-Landau-1, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Rebooting breaks my HD audio...

This is really strange.

System: Windows 10 Pro x64. Intel Core i7-6700, 64GB, GeForce GTX 1060, Core Chipset: Intel Z170 with an AMI BIOS.

I used to get audio thru my monitor thru Display Port (Bose speakers hooked up to my monitor).

I just reinstalled Windows 10 and now it no longer works.

I just installed the chipset driver and the HD audio started working again... until I reboot... and... gone.

I tried re-installing the Intel chipset driver again and the audio works beautifully thru my monitor (that is hooked-up thru Display Port).... until I reboot.

The audio output device is set to U28E510 and the WIndows trouble shooter cannot fix the problem because "Audio Services are not responding". Digging one level deeper, I see: "Both the Windows Audio and the Windows Audio End Point Builder services must be running for audio to work correctly. At least one of these services isn't responding."... well, opening Services.msc, I could stop both these services and restart them... but still no audio.

SO I KNOW THIS WORKS SINCE I CAN GET IT TO WORK BY UPDATING THE CHIPSET DRIVER... but it stops working when I reboot Rebooting breaks my HD audio... :(.

*ANY HELP* would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Ed-Landau-1, Sep 19, 2018

2. HD VDECK

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

What happens when you try to launch the app?

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1: Uninstall and reinstall HD VDeck
    Audio Panel App

Step 1: Uninstall the audio panel App

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click on Programs & Features.
    • Look for ‘HD VDeck Audio Panel App’ from the list.
    • Right click on the App and click on Uninstall.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the Uninstall.
    Step 2: Install the HD VDeck Audio Panel App

I suggest you to go to the computer manufacturer website and download and install the app.

Note: If issue still persist proceed with Method 2.

Method 2: Perform a System Restore

I suggest you to perform a System Restore and check if the app works. Refer to the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click on System and then click on Advanced System Settings.
    • Click on System Protection tab and then click on
      System Restore
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the System Restore to the date prior to the issue.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Important: The System Restore restores the computer back to an earlier point in time, called a restore point. System Restore doesn’t change your personal files, but it might remove recently installed apps and drivers and
    also reset the recently changed settings on the computer.

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Sep 20, 2018
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Sep 20, 2018
  4. Jayce Win User

Rebooting breaks my HD audio...

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Everyone that post ids, need just do these steps and you will be good. I kinda tired of keep on uploading the inf. file

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    additional if you want dts audio and others, install it now before next step.
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Sep 20, 2018
Thema:

Rebooting breaks my HD audio...

1. Rebooting breaks my HD audio... - Similar Threads - Rebooting breaks audio

2. Laptop Shutting Down Unexpectedly + Breaks Windows Audio Upon Reboot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop Shutting Down Unexpectedly + Breaks Windows Audio Upon Reboot: For several months now, my Lenovo T490 laptop occasionally shuts down when:I lock it with Win + L and leaving it idleI put it into Sleep with applications running, either by closing the lid or through Start's power menu/ALT + F4 and leaving it idleI step away and leave it...
  3. Laptop Shutting Down Unexpectedly + Breaks Windows Audio Upon Reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Shutting Down Unexpectedly + Breaks Windows Audio Upon Reboot: For several months now, my Lenovo T490 laptop occasionally shuts down when:I lock it with Win + L and leaving it idleI put it into Sleep with applications running, either by closing the lid or through Start's power menu/ALT + F4 and leaving it idleI step away and leave it...
  4. Laptop Shutting Down Unexpectedly + Breaks Windows Audio Upon Reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Audio Breaking with enhancements On

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Breaking with enhancements On: Hello guys, i found a topic with this problema that is exactly what happened to mine, but there was no answer and it was closed, have anyone found a solution for it? it's driving me crazy, i managed to make it work but now i can't restart my machine or it blows again, i can...
  6. Audio Breaking with enhancements On

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio Breaking with enhancements On: Hello guys, i found a topic with this problema that is exactly what happened to mine, but there was no answer and it was closed, have anyone found a solution for it? it's driving me crazy, i managed to make it work but now i can't restart my machine or it blows again, i can...
  7. Audio constantly breaking

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio constantly breaking: Hey, I was wondering if there is any way to fix the issue I'm constantly facing. Recently out of nowhere when I'm using my desktop when I launch an application such as a game my audio would just stop working and the only way I can get it to fix for a small amount of time is...
  8. my audio keeps breaking

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my audio keeps breaking: it might be a hardware issue, but my computer's audio keeps breaking, as if i was just muting all of the sound. it always happens after about 20 minutes? i didnt time it playing roblox. no idea if that is whats causing the issue, but its very strange. when i restart my...
  9. Update breaks audio.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update breaks audio.: I updated today since my version was nearing end of service and when it was done, my audio wouldnt work at all. it said no output or input device installed even though i have headphones. I troubleshooted it and it said i needed to do an update to update drivers, i did that,...
  10. hd audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hd audio: there are no options to chose 24 bit 96 or 192 khz instead of 24/48 the highest available in dropdown menu in audio settings realtek hd audio through the audio jack and nvidia hd through hdmi all drivers up to date reinstalling doesnt help...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Both the Windows Audio and the Windows Audio End Point Builder services must be running for audio to work correctly. At least one of these services isnt responding