Windows 10: Rebuild my PC...

Discus and support Rebuild my PC... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have a PC that came with windows 8 and I upgraded while it was free to Windows 10 PRO. I need to flatten it and reload windows. Will I lose my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by dvbock, Aug 27, 2020.

1. dvbock Win User

Rebuild my PC...

I have a PC that came with windows 8 and I upgraded while it was free to Windows 10 PRO. I need to flatten it and reload windows. Will I lose my license?

:)

dvbock, Aug 27, 2020
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Rebuild my PC... :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Aug 27, 2020
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Aug 27, 2020
  4. manherzjh Win User

Rebuild my PC...

PC rebuild

I had to rebuild an old pc with apps I need that are not current but run on Windows Vista Ultimate. When I try to activate Vista, the MS server says the product key is in use (was activated on the old drive that failed, hence the rebuild). How do I get
    the server to allow me to activate my valid Windows Vista Ultimate on this rebuild?

manherzjh, Aug 27, 2020
Thema:

Rebuild my PC...

1. Rebuild my PC... - Similar Threads - Rebuild

2. PC crashing after rebuild

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashing after rebuild: PC Bluescreen below are the two error latest error codes. I've tried digging though the dump file I'm not an expert on them but all I'm finding for these errors in the file is ??? entries in the dump.Some additional information this is a new install of windows 11. Previous...
  3. PC crashing after rebuild

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC crashing after rebuild: PC Bluescreen below are the two error latest error codes. I've tried digging though the dump file I'm not an expert on them but all I'm finding for these errors in the file is ??? entries in the dump.Some additional information this is a new install of windows 11. Previous...
  4. outlook search not working for ~ 5 days. Tried rebuilding. Windows 11, classic outlook

in Windows 10 Gaming
    outlook search not working for ~ 5 days. Tried rebuilding. Windows 11, classic outlook: outlook search not working for ~ 5 days. Tried rebuilding. Windows 11, classic outlook https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-search-not-working-for-5-days-tried/889778be-b293-41e4-b214-2e924f328137
  5. outlook search not working for ~ 5 days. Tried rebuilding. Windows 11, classic outlook

outlook search not working for ~ 5 days. Tried rebuilding. Windows 11, classic outlook: outlook search not working for ~ 5 days. Tried rebuilding. Windows 11, classic outlook https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-search-not-working-for-5-days-tried/889778be-b293-41e4-b214-2e924f328137
  6. Windows.edb constantly filling C drive despite repeated index rebuilds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows.edb constantly filling C drive despite repeated index rebuilds: The OS is W10Pro 22H2 build 19045.41232. While Sabya's helpful advice solves the issue for one day, a few days later the issue is back. How do I resolve this? In addition, Tree Size Free reports the 106GB HDD at 137GB capacity: While Win10 Settings shows different storage...
  7. Windows.edb constantly filling C drive despite repeated index rebuilds

Windows.edb constantly filling C drive despite repeated index rebuilds: The OS is W10Pro 22H2 build 19045.41232. While Sabya's helpful advice solves the issue for one day, a few days later the issue is back. How do I resolve this? In addition, Tree Size Free reports the 106GB HDD at 137GB capacity: While Win10 Settings shows different storage...
  8. Windows.edb constantly filling C drive despite repeated index rebuilds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Windows indexing rebuilding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows indexing rebuilding: Hi everyone ! I checked out other posts on the forum before posting here but here is the problem. I think I may have deleted the index location from my PC a while ago while tinkering around with something. After doing that, my indexing stopped working and I tried different...
  10. Windows indexing rebuilding

Windows indexing rebuilding: Hi everyone ! I checked out other posts on the forum before posting here but here is the problem. I think I may have deleted the index location from my PC a while ago while tinkering around with something. After doing that, my indexing stopped working and I tried different...