Windows 10: Rebuild Windows 10 Machine

Discus and support Rebuild Windows 10 Machine in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a computer that upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10 when the free upgrade was offered. As such I do not have a Windows 10 Disk nor product... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BigWI, Aug 8, 2019.

1. BigWI Win User

Rebuild Windows 10 Machine

I have a computer that upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10 when the free upgrade was offered. As such I do not have a Windows 10 Disk nor product code

My computer has become painfully SLOW, and I want to rebuild it from scratch. How do I go about loading the OS without a disk or product code?

:)

BigWI, Aug 8, 2019
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Rebuild Windows 10 Machine :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Aug 8, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 8, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Aug 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Rebuild Windows 10 Machine - Similar Threads - Rebuild Machine

2. What type of account should be used on a rebuild?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    What type of account should be used on a rebuild?: Hi Guys, I'm old school, so I always create local accounts, I do have a Microsoft account and use it for OneDrive storage, I've just done a complete re-install on a Windows 10 laptop and ofcourse it asked me about accounts, as I'm used to doing local and I might sell the...
  3. windows 10 won't activate after pc rebuild

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 won't activate after pc rebuild: i recently rebuilt my PC, leaving the SSD as the only part transferred over. i knew this could mess up my activation, so i linked my windows installation to my Microsoft account. however when i booted up the PC, it wasn't activated. i tried all of the troubleshooting tips i...
  4. How do I rebuild the registry after a clean reinstallation of Windows 10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I rebuild the registry after a clean reinstallation of Windows 10 Pro?: Hi! Following a BOD (probable cause: ssd overload with subseq. damage to sys-/registry files), the ssd was formatted and partitioning changed from MBR to GPT in order to allow a clean reinstallation of win10pro from a repair/installation usb-stick. Prior to this, files on...
  5. I tried to rebuild the icon cache

in Windows 10 Support
    I tried to rebuild the icon cache: I tried to rebuild the icon cache. I had no success whatsoever. Here are my screenshots if anyone has an idea: [img] [img] [img] [img] 136373
  6. Can't install printer after rebuild of Win 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't install printer after rebuild of Win 10: HP Laserjet MFP M127fn. Prior to complete rebuild of pc this printer ran fine under Win 10. Rebuild the pc, completely updated Win 10, and now every time I try and install the printer I get the error "A problem occurred while preparing to install software to your system....
  7. Rebuild of PC but networking is really confusing; 1 PC and 2 Laptops.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Rebuild of PC but networking is really confusing; 1 PC and 2 Laptops.: I am rebuilding my PC after a disaster with my C drive, with a new Win 10 64 install. I have this PC and two laptops that previously could communicate and share a specific file and I am trying but failing to do this again. I have printed out the Tutorial on 'Sharing files and...
  8. Rebuild MBR - Missing System Partition

in Windows 10 Support
    Rebuild MBR - Missing System Partition: Windows 10 old Motherboard cratered a while back. While troubleshooting I'm afraid I have made it worse, although not sure if that was really possible. I would like to reinstall without loosing my installed programs etc. I have backed up the drive in question. Windows 10...
  9. Windows Search Service wont start, Index fails to rebuild

in Cortana
    Windows Search Service wont start, Index fails to rebuild: I go the same problem as here, but nothing in the thread helped: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-search-service-wont-start-index-fails-to/e651a51d-0264-432c-a8e8-830f630242c3?page=2 I tried every single suggestion that I could find out there,...
  10. Rebuilding machine. How do I verify and re-install my Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Rebuilding machine. How do I verify and re-install my Windows 10?: I did my last built this machine in 2012. Over the years I made occasional upgrades--SSD, memory, and eventually WIN 10 from Win 7. However, the machine is showing its age and I think a new build is close at hand. I intend to use the same case/power SSD etc., while replacing...