Windows 10: Rebuilding my No1 PC

Discus and support Rebuilding my No1 PC in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am rebuilding my No.1 PC/Workstation because instability. It reboots every 5-10mins. It seems it is the MB or CPU causing the reboot. Problem is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Groover, Dec 11, 2020.

1. Groover Win User

Rebuilding my No1 PC

I am rebuilding my No.1 PC/Workstation because instability. It reboots every 5-10mins. It seems it is the MB or CPU causing the reboot.

Problem is that it is not stable enough for me to create a USB installation file using the Media Creation Tool. Usually reboots sometime in the writing process. I have a digital licence.

Can I use a USB created from my No.2 PC using the Media Creation Tool to install Win10 on the new build? If so, how will MS link my new build to the relevant digital licence for my No.1 PC?

Thanks

:)

Groover, Dec 11, 2020
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Rebuilding my No1 PC :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Dec 11, 2020
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Dec 11, 2020
  4. manherzjh Win User

Rebuilding my No1 PC

PC rebuild

I had to rebuild an old pc with apps I need that are not current but run on Windows Vista Ultimate. When I try to activate Vista, the MS server says the product key is in use (was activated on the old drive that failed, hence the rebuild). How do I get
    the server to allow me to activate my valid Windows Vista Ultimate on this rebuild?

manherzjh, Dec 11, 2020
Thema:

Rebuilding my No1 PC

1. Rebuilding my No1 PC - Similar Threads - Rebuilding No1

2. Windows.edb constantly filling C drive despite repeated index rebuilds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows.edb constantly filling C drive despite repeated index rebuilds: The OS is W10Pro 22H2 build 19045.41232. While Sabya's helpful advice solves the issue for one day, a few days later the issue is back. How do I resolve this? In addition, Tree Size Free reports the 106GB HDD at 137GB capacity: While Win10 Settings shows different storage...
  3. Windows.edb constantly filling C drive despite repeated index rebuilds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows.edb constantly filling C drive despite repeated index rebuilds: The OS is W10Pro 22H2 build 19045.41232. While Sabya's helpful advice solves the issue for one day, a few days later the issue is back. How do I resolve this? In addition, Tree Size Free reports the 106GB HDD at 137GB capacity: While Win10 Settings shows different storage...
  4. Windows.edb constantly filling C drive despite repeated index rebuilds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows indexing rebuilding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows indexing rebuilding: Hi everyone ! I checked out other posts on the forum before posting here but here is the problem. I think I may have deleted the index location from my PC a while ago while tinkering around with something. After doing that, my indexing stopped working and I tried different...
  6. Windows indexing rebuilding

Windows indexing rebuilding: Hi everyone ! I checked out other posts on the forum before posting here but here is the problem. I think I may have deleted the index location from my PC a while ago while tinkering around with something. After doing that, my indexing stopped working and I tried different...
  7. windows 11 think's it's in preinstallation after rebuilding the bcd store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 think's it's in preinstallation after rebuilding the bcd store: One day i tried to start my pc and got the blue screen with the code: 0xc00000e and following an tutorial i formated the 100mb boot partition and rebuild it with the commandbcdboot c:\windows /l en-us /s z: /f UEFIMy windows booted fine after that but thinks whare not right....
  8. windows 11 think's it's in preinstallation after rebuilding the bcd store

windows 11 think's it's in preinstallation after rebuilding the bcd store: One day i tried to start my pc and got the blue screen with the code: 0xc00000e and following an tutorial i formated the 100mb boot partition and rebuild it with the commandbcdboot c:\windows /l en-us /s z: /f UEFIMy windows booted fine after that but thinks whare not right....
  9. Why does my Win10 system randomly shut down after a rebuild?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why does my Win10 system randomly shut down after a rebuild?: I recently rebuilt my Win10 pc with a new motherboard, processor, memory, graphics card and liquid cooler. The power supply is a Corsair 1050 which is about 10 years old. The shutdowns are random between hours of non-use or sometimes when I am using it actively. Sometimes, it...
  10. Why does my Win10 system randomly shut down after a rebuild?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my Win10 system randomly shut down after a rebuild?: I recently rebuilt my Win10 pc with a new motherboard, processor, memory, graphics card and liquid cooler. The power supply is a Corsair 1050 which is about 10 years old. The shutdowns are random between hours of non-use or sometimes when I am using it actively. Sometimes, it...