Windows 10: Rebuilding my Outlook Contacts File Win 10

Discus and support Rebuilding my Outlook Contacts File Win 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; A couple of days ago I had to delete and then reinstall Outlook 365 into my computer. For some reason known only to the god of technology and someone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by flylooper1943, Feb 23, 2020.

1. Rebuilding my Outlook Contacts File Win 10

A couple of days ago I had to delete and then reinstall Outlook 365 into my computer. For some reason known only to the god of technology and someone who knows a lot more than I do!, I lost my address book in Outlook when I reinstalled Outlook 365.

However, when I attempt to create an email, my computer recognizes the person to whom I'm writing when I begin typing in the recipient's email address. This tells me that somewhere on my computer, my complete list of contacts exists.

Where is that file on my computer and how to I import it to Outlook?I'm totally mystified, baffled, and beginning to loose patience!!!

:)

flylooper1943, Feb 23, 2020
  2. Munki Win User

GUIDE:How to transfer contacts from Microsoft Outlook to Gmail

I'm sitting here in the office, its the end of the year in the school system, and several employees transferring to alternative counties. With this it brings loads of transferring contacts to take with them from their company phone. Well, this one in particular sparked a guide idea. So here it is, How to transfer Outlook contacts to your Gmail account.

Step 1: Sign in to your outlook account.
    step 2 In the top left hand corner click File > Import/Export > Export to file > Browse to desired place to save your file > export. Be sure you export the file as .csv (comma separated values)
    Step 3 Log into your Gmail account
    Step 4 Select 'Contacts' In the subsection you will see a 'Import' button on the right-hand side. Click it.
    Step 5 Browse to the location where you saved it > Open it > Click Import.

I would have provided pictures, but I use neither Outlook or Gmail. Hope someone somewhere gets some use from this. *Toast :toast:

=Munki=

Munki, Feb 23, 2020
  3. Dude Win User
    Lost Outlook 2016 Contacts during Windows 10 upgrade

Try the step listed here, it's lower down saying that they aren't in your deleted folder. It is hidden, if not showing click the light bulb and type in recover and it will show you the hidden item

Recover a deleted contact in Outlook - Outlook

4. marcbkk Win User

Rebuilding my Outlook Contacts File Win 10

Outlook PST File Problem

My Outlook PST file has now grown to nearly 4GB. I have deleted tons of stuff, emptied the deleted items mailbox, and I have done a Compact Now on the PST file a few times, but the file size never gets smaller. It just keeps growing in size instead. My guess is that it shouldn't even be 1GB at this point. Is there some easy thing I can do to rebuild the file using just the emails, contacts, and folders I want to keep so that the file runs smoothly and is optimized down to its proper size? Cheers. Marc

marcbkk, Feb 23, 2020
Thema:

Rebuilding my Outlook Contacts File Win 10

1. Rebuilding my Outlook Contacts File Win 10 - Similar Threads - Rebuilding Outlook Contacts

2. Outlook Contacts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook Contacts: I'm trying to remove an outdated Email address but I cant find the file location. The Email address I'm trying to remove is the second on the above drop down list. this address does not show up in any of the contact lists.We have been using Outlook in various versions...
  3. Outlook Contacts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook Contacts: I'm trying to remove an outdated Email address but I cant find the file location. The Email address I'm trying to remove is the second on the above drop down list. this address does not show up in any of the contact lists.We have been using Outlook in various versions...
  4. Unable to find, edit, or delete contacts in Win 10 Mail not Outlook.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to find, edit, or delete contacts in Win 10 Mail not Outlook.: I've read the report of going to Start, typing Contacts, clicking on the "gear" settings icon in the bottom left corner. There IS no gear icon there. I've tried the "search" feature for a name that will appear when I begin typing it for a new E-mail. The search feature won't...
  5. Unable to Import Outlook cvs contacts in to my Win 10 Contacts folder.

Unable to Import Outlook cvs contacts in to my Win 10 Contacts folder.: Running Win 10 Home 1909. The Fax and Scan does not show any contacts. I exported my Outlook contacts and it downloaded to the downloads folder but will not import to my Contacts folder. My mail account shows I have contacts from Outlook but they do not show up when I use Fax...
  6. Loss of my Outlook contacts

Loss of my Outlook contacts: I am running the most current version of Windows 10. After a major system update earlier this year, my contacts had vanished from my Outlook Contacts list. I am not allowed to open my Contacts folder in the iCloud. Any suggestions on how I can properly repopulate my...
  7. Using Win 10 Calendar/Contacts within Outlook 2013

in Browsers and Email
    Using Win 10 Calendar/Contacts within Outlook 2013: I want to continue to use Outlook as my main email client (sorry, but the built-in app in Windows 10 is little more than a pretty toy, even my phone's email app is more powerful and configurable). I have Outlook 2010 installed on my PC and Outlook 2013 installed on my laptop...
  8. Move Outlook 2013 Address Book Contacts to Contacts in WIN 10

in Browsers and Email
    Move Outlook 2013 Address Book Contacts to Contacts in WIN 10: How do I move Outlook 2013 Address Book CONTACTS to Win 10 CONTACTS ?? 22383
  9. Contacts in Outlook

in Browsers and Email
    Contacts in Outlook: I don't know why but all of my contacts have disappeared. Any Ideas !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 60683
  10. Win 10 and Outlook 2003 contacts

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Win 10 and Outlook 2003 contacts: Since updating to Win 10, I have noticed when typing the first letter of a contacts name in an email, the name appears highlighted, however, when you push enter, the usual function of inserting the address no longer functions. Is there a fix for this? 103187