Windows 10: Rebuilding pc and license code

Discus and support Rebuilding pc and license code in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am upgrading/building a new pc, I will replace the motherboard, cpu, ram case and psu but I will keep the GPU and HDD. I will never use the old parts... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ifuxit, Sep 5, 2020.

1. /u/ifuxit Win User

Rebuilding pc and license code

I am upgrading/building a new pc, I will replace the motherboard, cpu, ram case and psu but I will keep the GPU and HDD. I will never use the old parts again, so can I just reactivate Windows just like when you upgrade parts? Thanks in advance

submitted by /u/ifuxit
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ifuxit, Sep 5, 2020
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Rebuilding pc and license code :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Sep 5, 2020
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Sep 5, 2020
  4. manherzjh Win User

PC rebuild

I had to rebuild an old pc with apps I need that are not current but run on Windows Vista Ultimate. When I try to activate Vista, the MS server says the product key is in use (was activated on the old drive that failed, hence the rebuild). How do I get
    the server to allow me to activate my valid Windows Vista Ultimate on this rebuild?

manherzjh, Sep 5, 2020
Thema:

1. Rebuilding pc and license code - Similar Threads - Rebuilding license code

2. PC crashing after rebuild

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashing after rebuild: PC Bluescreen below are the two error latest error codes. I've tried digging though the dump file I'm not an expert on them but all I'm finding for these errors in the file is ??? entries in the dump.Some additional information this is a new install of windows 11. Previous...
  3. PC crashing after rebuild

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC crashing after rebuild: PC Bluescreen below are the two error latest error codes. I've tried digging though the dump file I'm not an expert on them but all I'm finding for these errors in the file is ??? entries in the dump.Some additional information this is a new install of windows 11. Previous...
  4. Lots of BSOD recently after rebuilding PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lots of BSOD recently after rebuilding PC.: Greetings! Last week I started having BSOD issues on my PC, then started having crashes every time I opened a game.I recently upgraded my PC to a new motherboard, new chip, new ram, and new GPU. So, basically it's a new build with the exception being the PSU, hard drives, and...
  5. Lots of BSOD recently after rebuilding PC.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lots of BSOD recently after rebuilding PC.: Greetings! Last week I started having BSOD issues on my PC, then started having crashes every time I opened a game.I recently upgraded my PC to a new motherboard, new chip, new ram, and new GPU. So, basically it's a new build with the exception being the PSU, hard drives, and...
  6. Rebuilding my No1 PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Rebuilding my No1 PC: I am rebuilding my No.1 PC/Workstation because instability. It reboots every 5-10mins. It seems it is the MB or CPU causing the reboot. Problem is that it is not stable enough for me to create a USB installation file using the Media Creation Tool. Usually reboots sometime in...
  7. Code / license

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Code / license: Hi Microsoft. I want to install the new Office that I bought few months ago in a new laptop but I dont have te code or license with me. Would you please send to me at my email pleas. Thanks. Pedro Macias....
  8. Rebuild my PC...

Rebuild my PC...: I have a PC that came with windows 8 and I upgraded while it was free to Windows 10 PRO. I need to flatten it and reload windows. Will I lose my license? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rebuild-my-pc/d9a9be3e-9869-42e0-87ff-e435ee581992
  9. PC rebuild and Windows key code

PC rebuild and Windows key code: My PC was upgraded from W7 to W10 about a year ago over the internet for free. The PC has now failed and needs a new mother brd and processor etc but will retain the HDs. The repairer has told me that he needs the key code to reactivate W10 in the new set up or he will charge...
  10. PC Rebuild and Windows 10

PC Rebuild and Windows 10: Hello- I have a 10+ year old PC that I had built originally with a retail version of Windows, I believe version 7. Back when the offer came to download and upgrade to Windows 10 I did so and have been running it since. I am in the process of building a new PC utilizing an...