Windows 10: Rebuilt Windows 10’s Edge browser could support Chrome extensions

Discus and support Rebuilt Windows 10’s Edge browser could support Chrome extensions in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft surprised everyone by announcing that they are working on the Chromium-based Edge browser. Microsoft has detailed its plans for new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Dec 9, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Rebuilt Windows 10’s Edge browser could support Chrome extensions

Microsoft surprised everyone by announcing that they are working on the Chromium-based Edge browser. Microsoft has detailed its plans for new Chromium-based Edge browser and the future.

The rebuilt Microsoft Edge browser could support all Google Chrome extensions as it is based on Chromium source codes. Microsoft’s Kyle Alden says that the company wants to support the existing Chrome extension but it’s not yet known how the extensions will be delivered.

“It’s our intention to support existing Chrome extensions,” Kyle Alden, Edge Project Manager, explained.

The current version of Microsoft Edge browser has all essentials extensions available via the Microsoft Store but users still aren’t provided with a wide range of extensions.

Last year Microsoft revealed that Edge browser does not have access to a wide range of extensions as it wants to ensure that only quality extensions are available for its browser.

The Chrome Store undoubtedly has plenty of extensions but it is far from perfect. Microsoft Edge might support the Chrome extensions but it is not yet clear how the extensions will be offered to Microsoft Edge.

PWAs and Edge

Microsoft will continue to offer the PWAs in the Microsoft Store and the browser would be also able to install the PWAs directly if a website offers support.

“We expect to provide support for PWAs to be installed directly from the browser (much like with Chrome) in addition to the current Store approach. We’re not ready to go into all the details yet but PWAs behaving like native apps is still an important principle for us so we’ll be looking into the right system integrations to get that right,” he said.

Microsoft is currently not planning to run the EdgeHTML-powered UWPs on a different engine but in future, the company will offer a new WebView powered by new rendering engine which the apps can use.

“We don’t plan to shim under those with a different engine. We do expect to offer a new WebView that apps can choose to use based on the new rendering engine,” he said.

The post Rebuilt Windows 10’s Edge browser could support Chrome extensions appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Dec 9, 2018

2. When will their be extension support for the Microsoft Edge browser?

Many are frustrated that the Edge browser does not have extension support for things like the LastPass password manager! A browser should not be released without extension support since many are already using password managers and other extensions. Now that
    Microsoft will no longer update and continue Internet Explorer, the most current and secure Microsoft browser is Edge. Here is a notice from Lastpass:

Does LastPass support Windows 10 Edge ?

Microsoft Edge is the new, default browser available with Windows 10: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/microsoft-edge

Microsoft has not yet announced extension support for Edge browser. As soon as we can, we will offer a LastPass extension for Windows 10 Edge.

The LastPass extension can be downloaded to any other browser on Windows 10. Simply visit our download page:
    Download LastPass | LastPass to install the extension in the browser toolbar in Internet Explorer 11, Firefox, Chrome, or Opera.

The web vault at
    www.LastPass.com
    can also be used on Edge to view your passwords any time.

If you are seeing any issues, please feel free to open a ticket with details on your issue and steps to reproduce.

PLEASE Microsoft get support asap for extensions like this! Thank you very much!

Ernie Mink, Dec 9, 2018
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    Extensions for Windows 10 Edge Browser

Microsoft previously said that Edge won't get support for extensions until the Redstone upgrade (that's the upgrade's nickname) currently scheduled for the middle of 2016.

If, like 99% of web browser users, you want support for extensions then install Chrome or Firefox.

BulldogXX, Dec 9, 2018
  4. ianmikec Win User

Edge Browser Extensions

This issue is well known to Microsoft :

"Currently Microsoft Edge doesn’t support browser extensions, hence it is not possible to enable McAfee within Edge.

As a workaround you may use Internet Explorer, as Internet explorer has the option of enabling browser extensions"

From Microsoft Community - MikeShearer asked on .

I do not have this issue with Chrome or Firefox but since starting to use Edge in the last week I have received the warning from McAfee that my personal data is no longer protected.

What I am trying to find out from Microsoft is when will they update the Edge software to allow browser extensions.

ianmikec, Dec 9, 2018
Thema:

1. Rebuilt Windows 10’s Edge browser could support Chrome extensions - Similar Threads - Rebuilt 10’s Edge

2. vRackBlock Virus Extension in Microsoft Edge and Chrome

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    vRackBlock Virus Extension in Microsoft Edge and Chrome: This is an Extension File created automatically when windows boots. It infected Chrome and Microsoft Edge also. Extention name is vBlockRack I removed it so many times but it automatically gets installed. It redirects every site to ads, even from Microsoft and Google...
  3. Does chrome extensions slow down Edge?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does chrome extensions slow down Edge?: Hello everyone Just looking for some suggestions I have downloaded the latest Edge 64bit today. I am curious to know whether extensions slow down the performance of the edge. I use extensity extension to disable some which are not needed always Please share your views...
  4. Problem with Chrome extensions (by Google) in Edge

Problem with Chrome extensions (by Google) in Edge: Hi! Does anyone know how to get extensions from Google (Save to Keep, Drive) working? I have no problems with other extensions but these keep asking me to log in and I already am. Message is: You must sign in to use the Google Keep Chrome Extension. submitted by...
  5. Installing Chrome Extensions in Edge

Installing Chrome Extensions in Edge: I have just switched from Chrome to the new Edge browser. What would be the best way to transfer the numerous Chrome extensions that I have to Edge? submitted by /u/skywalker505 [link] [comments]...
  6. How to enable Chrome extensions in MS Edge?

How to enable Chrome extensions in MS Edge?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SchrodingersNinja [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eredro/how_to_enable_chrome_extensions_in_ms_edge/
  7. Malwarebytes Browser Extension for Chrome

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Malwarebytes Browser Extension for Chrome: Currently I use Defender and run Malwarebytes on demand. Does WD perform any browser related protection? I know it doesn't cover PUP's in std mode, Just wondering what the consensus is about this Malwarebytes Browser Extension for Chrome? Sounds like a good idea, but I...
  8. Opera 55 Web Browser now supports Chrome extensions

in Windows 10 News
    Opera 55 Web Browser now supports Chrome extensions: Opera has been regularly working on introducing new features for its Chromium based Opera web browser. The company is now working on two new versions of its browser, Opera 55 and Opera 56. The Opera 55 version of the web browser is now in beta testing phase and the company...
  9. ID SAFE and Edge Browser extension

in Browsers and Email
    ID SAFE and Edge Browser extension: I use a password manager extension for Norton ID safe,,, it was fine for a long time but then one day something went funky and now whenever I have extensions enabled (not even logged in to the ID safe extension) my browser gets slow, when I type to search for instance at...
  10. Does Microsoft Edge support extensions?

in Browsers and Email
    Does Microsoft Edge support extensions?: And does it have all of the "essentials" like ad blocking? 19421

Users found this page by searching for:

1. have win 10 updated to include chrome extensions for web components?