Windows 10: Receive email alerts for Windows updates

Discus and support Receive email alerts for Windows updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How can I get email alert for Windows 10 Monthly Patch Updates and Semi Annual Channel Updates ***Modified title from: How can I get email alert for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Paresh78, Dec 8, 2018.

1. Paresh78 Win User

Receive email alerts for Windows updates

How can I get email alert for Windows 10 Monthly Patch Updates and Semi Annual Channel Updates

***Modified title from: How can I get email alert for Windows 10 Monthly Patch Updates and Semi Annual Channel Updates***

:)

Paresh78, Dec 8, 2018

2. Outlook sync fails after receiving SharePoint list alerts

When I receive an alert email generated by an event in a SharePoint 2007 list, subsequent Outlook synchronisations fail with an error message.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Open Outlook on the WP7, hit sync and ensure email is described as up-to-date.

2. Navigate to a SharePoint 2007 list and select the Alert Me option from the Actions menu. Set up an alert to be sent to your email account.

3. Make a change to an item in the list and await the event notification to be sent and then to sync to the phone.

4. Once arrived, hit the Synchronise option on the WP7 menu. The email sync will fail with an error message. No further emails will be received.

5. Tap the alert email in the Outlook list and delete the alert email.

6. Hit the synchronise option and observe that the synchronisation succeeds.

This behaviour observed on Samsumg Omnia 7 and HTC Mozart, running retail versions of the software. Carrier - Orange UK.

Richard Garner

Rik Garner, Dec 8, 2018
  3. Windows Messenger Confirmation Email

No It didnt appear in my spam box but I updated to Windows live Messenger which sent the confirmation email and also verified windows messenger. Ty everyone for there suggestions

Warlord213, Dec 8, 2018
  4. Mussels Win User

Not getting thread post email alerts

w1zzard did do an update to the email server not long ago, this may be related.

Changed how the TPU forums send email

Mussels, Dec 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Receive email alerts for Windows updates - Similar Threads - Receive email alerts

2. Security alert email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security alert email: I received a security alert email that said someone was trying to access my account and urged me to click on a link to recover my account. I need to know if it is legitimate. How do I report it ?...
  3. Security alert email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Security alert email: I received a security alert email that said someone was trying to access my account and urged me to click on a link to recover my account. I need to know if it is legitimate. How do I report it ?...
  4. Windows administrators may now receive email alerts about known issues

in Windows 10 News
    Windows administrators may now receive email alerts about known issues: Windows system administrators who want to stay up to date regarding known issues may subscribe to email alerts know that inform them of updates. Known Windows issues describe problems with different versions of Microsoft's Windows operating system, which the company has...
  5. Email alerts !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Email alerts !: I have been using the Windows Mailbox/Calendar app for a long time now and think it's great most of the time. Over the last few weeks I have to keep resetting it to make it work correctly. Sometimes the alerts don't work but the main problem is emails waiting ages in the...
  6. Email alerts !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Email alerts !: I have been using the Windows Mailbox/Calendar app for a long time now and think it's great most of the time. Over the last few weeks I have to keep resetting it to make it work correctly. Sometimes the alerts don't work but the main problem is emails waiting ages in the...
  7. Not receiving emails in Windows email

in Windows 10 Customization
    Not receiving emails in Windows email: cannot receive my emails on windows email Why this just starting since you gaven update ***Modified title from: I cannot receive my emails on windows email Why this just starting since you gaven update***...
  8. Security alert I received

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security alert I received: My personal laptop computer suddenly gave me an alert saying my computer was compromised by a Russian malware Trojan horse. I called the number they gave. They wanted to sell me security software. Is it a scam?...
  9. Alerts to New Email

in Windows 10 Customization
    Alerts to New Email: When I am working on something it is annoying for the alerts to pop up in the lower right of my screen to tell me some advertiser or other emailer is sending me a msg. How do I turn this feature off?...
  10. Email Alert

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Email Alert: I wasn't sure where to post this , so I posing it here. I want to warn everyone of a email I received today. I got a email saying my PayPal account was being limited because of some violations. It also contained a file that I was supposed to open to confirm my identity. I do...