Windows 10: Receive "How do you want to open this file" on startup part 2

Discus and support Receive "How do you want to open this file" on startup part 2 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I started receiving the message and pop-up "How do you want to open this file?" every time I start my computer a while back now. I have found the file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by EdCampbell, May 5, 2021.

1. Receive "How do you want to open this file" on startup part 2

I started receiving the message and pop-up "How do you want to open this file?" every time I start my computer a while back now. I have found the file that is causing this. The file is located in C://USERS see the attached image. It is just an archive, no extension at all. I have opened it and found that it has nothing inside. I can delete it and after a few days it reappears. It seems to be created by the system. I am using windows 10 Home Single language version 20H2

:)

EdCampbell, May 5, 2021
  2. RicVittum Win User

File Explorer Windows 10 - How do you stop it from opening at startup

That's not Windows 10. Mine opens that stupid window at the startup, and checking the startup folder, there is NO item there saying Files Explorer. That was no help at all.

RicVittum, May 5, 2021
  3. Ketxxx Win User
    opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, May 5, 2021
  4. Avedis53 Win User

Receive "How do you want to open this file" on startup part 2

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, May 5, 2021
Thema:

Receive "How do you want to open this file" on startup part 2

1. Receive "How do you want to open this file" on startup part 2 - Similar Threads - Receive open file

2. how do you want to open this file?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how do you want to open this file?: every day at 8:00 PM i get a pop up how do you want to open this file? its very annoying how do i get it to stop showing up every day submitted by /u/JamesLPYT [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/v5q11h/how_do_you_want_to_open_this_file/
  3. How do you want to open this file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do you want to open this file: Hello all, Earlier I installed WPS and then I uninstalled it later. But some of it's files are still in the PC which is very annoying. For better reference to the problem I am attaching the screenshot. [ATTACH]...
  4. How do you want to open this file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you want to open this file?: Hi guys, I'm getting rather annoyed at this but hopefully somebody will be able to explain how to solve it.... When I try and open an "image file" (jpeg, png etc) i get the classic pop up "how do you want to open this file" I Cannot go past this point. I have selected...
  5. How do you want to open this file?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do you want to open this file?: Hi guys, I'm getting rather annoyed at this but hopefully somebody will be able to explain how to solve it.... When I try and open an "image file" (jpeg, png etc) i get the classic pop up "how do you want to open this file" I Cannot go past this point. I have selected...
  6. How do you want to open this file?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do you want to open this file?: Every time after booting my desktop, this "How do you want to open this file?" message appears. I have no clue, what kind of file this message talking about. Help me out.[IMG]...
  7. Receive "How do you want to open this file" on startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Receive "How do you want to open this file" on startup: I have started receiving the message and pop-up "How do you want to open this file?" every time I start my computer. I have no idea what file might be causing this. Is there a way to find the file that might be causing problems or is there a way to reset the pop-up so that it...
  8. How do you want to open this file

How do you want to open this file: when i try to open .cfg file it asks me every time "How do you want to open this file", i set notepad and it don't save this app as the application in which it must to open. And whey i again try to open this .cfg file windows again asks me "How do you want to open this...
  9. "How do you want to open this file?"

"How do you want to open this file?": This pops up on my computer randomly, but generally every 5 to 10 minutes. It disappears on mouse click, but is annoying. Especially if in the middle of some work. See the attached screen shot. I have read through many posts regarding a variation of this popup that includes...
  10. How do you want to open this file ?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    How do you want to open this file ?: When ever I try to download a program and I was an exe. file I never just get a run button so I can simply install the program but a box pops up saying "how do you want to open this file? " with the options of: Internet Explorer Notepad Office XML Handler Paint Windows...