Windows 10: Receive new windows product key

Discus and support Receive new windows product key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I had some issues with an update that got my computer stuck on boot mode. a friend did a factory reset. When i bought my laptop windows came... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by KelsieBarnett, Mar 31, 2021.

1. Receive new windows product key

I had some issues with an update that got my computer stuck on boot mode.

a friend did a factory reset. When i bought my laptop windows came preinstalled. This reset worked fine for months until it told me i had to activate windows. I received my product key from Asus. The key didnt work.

i tried to troubleshoot but the troubleshoot option is only available for administrator accounts. Mine account says local user administrator. Still no option for troubleshooting. No option to change account type either.

looking for a product key update.

had a browser window open with microsoft chat that said wait times for an actual agent were longer than usual. I had this window open all day and no agent appeared.

Phone number for my country says all support has moved online.

does anyone know how to communicate with an actual person??? This is exhausting.

:)

KelsieBarnett, Mar 31, 2021

2. Convert a Windows 8pro product key to a Windows 10pro produkt key

Hi Andre,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to Uninstall the license using the following steps.

• Press Windows key + X
    • Click Command Prompt (Admin)
    • At the command prompt, type: slmgr.vbs -upk
    • Press Enter, this will uninstall the product key from the computer.
    Further on, install Windows 8.1 activate the copy with the product key on the new machine. Then again upgrade the same to Windows 10 using Window Update or Media Creation Tool.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Mar 31, 2021
  3. L Burgo Win User
    New DELL laptop- Windows Product Key

Hi and thanks DaveM121 for the prompt reply.

I followed the instructions supplied by the DELL email but in the end Windows would not automatically activate. I just found an answer by following this below google result instructions:

Find Windows 10 Product Key on a New Computer

1. Press Windows key + X.
    2. Click Command Prompt (Admin)
    3. At the command prompt, type: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey. This will reveal the product key. Volume License Product Key Activation.

I copied the key and entered it into the option to change product key (not that one was entered as it said it was inactive in red text). FWIW, I never got a product key in any form suggested by the problem solving suggestions
    wormhole link I found in Settings. Apologies if this is a basic newbie issue. It has been doing my head in for the last couple of hours.

Anyway, greatly appreciate your time. Thanks again DaveM121.

L Burgo, Mar 31, 2021
  4. Ariel Acu Win User

Receive new windows product key

Windows 10 Product Key for a Free Upgrade

Hi,

The product key is important to activate and install Windows 10 to your device. Regarding your concern, let's try to isolate the issue and see what's causing you unable to use the product key to activate and install your Windows 10. Kindly provide the following
    information:

• Where did you purchase the product?
    • What is the error message you received after entering your product key?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried?

Ariel Acu, Mar 31, 2021
Thema:

Receive new windows product key

1. Receive new windows product key - Similar Threads - Receive product key

2. Have not received any product key

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Have not received any product key: I have not received any product key since may, I paid the amount, I have receipt. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/have-not-received-any-product-key/17f78898-c035-4b6e-8f41-dcebccddfe32
  3. Have not received any product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Have not received any product key: I have not received any product key since may, I paid the amount, I have receipt. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/have-not-received-any-product-key/17f78898-c035-4b6e-8f41-dcebccddfe32
  4. Have not received any product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Did not receive product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Did not receive product key: Hi There Microsoft,I recently changed my hardware and so I checked my digital purchase of windows 11, I can see my store receipt for the copy I paid for however the email with a product key for me never arrived. So I googled it to find out "The product key is in the...
  6. Did not receive product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Did not receive product key: Hi There Microsoft,I recently changed my hardware and so I checked my digital purchase of windows 11, I can see my store receipt for the copy I paid for however the email with a product key for me never arrived. So I googled it to find out "The product key is in the...
  7. received product key for upgrade to education, entered product key, does not work.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    received product key for upgrade to education, entered product key, does not work.: error - "The product key you entered didn't work. Check the product key and try again, or enter a different one 0x800f0805."Had previously attempted install: "Unable to upgrade your edition. Something interrupted our troubleshooting. Make sure you're connected to the...
  8. Haven't received my product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Haven't received my product key: I purchased Microsoft Windows 10 last week and have still not received my product key. As such, I am unable to access Word, Power Point or Excel. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!...
  9. new product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    new product key: from 2nd april 2019 a pop-up message is shown in my aspire 315-51_z( windows 10 pro) that was manufactured on july 2018 which says that "your licence will expire on 2nd may 2019".by encoding the message i came to know that i have to get a new product key from my system...
  10. Windows product key was stripped before receiving

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows product key was stripped before receiving: I bought a physical copy of windows 10 and the part where you scratch to reveal the product key was already missing, I have the COA code and some other product information, is there any way I can get the missing product key? Thanks....