Windows 10: Receive no security code on phone

Discus and support Receive no security code on phone in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Dear all, To see my private folder on OneDrive I need to enter a security code in the application.. I do not receive any security code on my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Hans van Swoll, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Receive no security code on phone

Dear all,

To see my private folder on OneDrive I need to enter a security code in the application.. I do not receive any security code on my Signal-account. Although I chevcked a thousand times that the 4 last digits of my telephone number are correct.

The problem - possible - my account is based in the Netherlands, but the telephone number is given is in Curacao. Where I am most of the year. I checked my account, Microsoft is not giving a landcode and when I want to enter a second telephone numeber with the right landcode, it says that this number already in use.

So, can anyone help me to solve this mystery?

PS. Must say that I receive a working security code on my e-mailaddress but not on the telephone.

:)

Hans van Swoll, Jan 23, 2020

2. Cannot restore W10 phone backup asking for security code

Hi,

Thanks for your response. I managed to access my backup after receiving a call with a code ! Wasn't expecting it so missed the first one. I also received texts but couldn't get to them whilst back up process in progress. No option to use email offered.

I do have a correct primary email address listed under Account aliases, and two other aliases however under the sign in preferences the primary one is greyed out. I have unmarked the other aliases.

I am having a few problems now setting up 2 step verification. Just received a push code to access my mail box but 2 step verification is disabled ? according to security page although the authenticator has my microsoft account listed. Confused.

Update: 2 Step is now registering as on on security page., also presume the email address is greyed out because my preference is SMS with phone number perhaps best to use email as preference ? Actually think it is greyed out as cannot opt out (uncheck) primary
    email address ??

Albatross1, Jan 23, 2020
  3. Should owners of processors affected by security problems receive compensation?

I think current gen buyers should get a free replacement and those who bought 1-7 gens ago should receive a discount code/coupon up 50% off their next cpu purchase. Even release a fix if possible that is streamlined and stable without side effects.

I slso think some in here need to step away from their keyboards or phones go outside, stretch, breath deeply

eidairaman1, Jan 23, 2020
  4. RobJLau Win User

Receive no security code on phone

Microsoft account security code - WHY?

Thanks for the reply Greg.

"If you turn on two-step verification, you’ll get a security code to your email, phone, or authenticator app every time you sign in on
    a device that isn't trusted. When two-step verification is turned off, you will only have to verify your identity with security codes periodically, when
    there might be a risk to your account security."

Overkill.

As Two-Step verification has never been turned on, I presume MS thinks every time I log into access pages on https://account.microsoft.com/ pages I'm a risk to my account. Even from computers listed in the 'Devices" tab of those pages. Even though I have
    to supply my MS password to get to those pages.

Are you suggesting I turn two-step verification on, which is what I don't need?

RobJLau, Jan 23, 2020
Thema:

Receive no security code on phone

1. Receive no security code on phone - Similar Threads - Receive security code

2. Not receiving a code on my phone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not receiving a code on my phone: I reset my pc and when I tried to enter my Microsoft account and after typing the password Microsoft asked me to verify with the code they’ll send me on my phone. But I’ve been trying since yesterday but still didn’t get any code on my phone...
  3. Not receiving a code on my phone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not receiving a code on my phone: I reset my pc and when I tried to enter my Microsoft account and after typing the password Microsoft asked me to verify with the code they’ll send me on my phone. But I’ve been trying since yesterday but still didn’t get any code on my phone...
  4. Not receiving security code

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not receiving security code: I did not receive the security code when verify my hotmail, but when i reset the password, i received the security code. Kindly check the system. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-receiving-security-code/0510ff3a-baee-45d9-88c1-fd335d9e89be
  5. Not receiving security code

Not receiving security code: I did not receive the security code when verify my hotmail, but when i reset the password, i received the security code. Kindly check the system. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-receiving-security-code/0510ff3a-baee-45d9-88c1-fd335d9e89be
  6. Not Receiving Security Codes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not Receiving Security Codes: I am trying to sign into my account on a new device. The Microsoft login page directed me to send a code to another email address that I have on file. I did so, but no email came through. I tried several times; nothing happened. It asked if I wanted to add a different...
  7. Not Receiving Security Codes

Not Receiving Security Codes: I am trying to sign into my account on a new device. The Microsoft login page directed me to send a code to another email address that I have on file. I did so, but no email came through. I tried several times; nothing happened. It asked if I wanted to add a different...
  8. not receiving security codes

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    not receiving security codes: I am not receiving codes to my email when trying to update my security information, they do not show up in my inbox or junk folder, I receive emails for other things but not emails containing the codes, and I have not found anyone who has found a solution....
  9. Not receiving a security code

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Not receiving a security code: I tried to sign into my Microsoft account on my computer. It asks to send a security code to my email, but I never receive the code. When I try the "Use a different verification option," it takes me back to the same email and not my phone number so there's no way for me to...
  10. Don't receive security code on a particular Phone.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Don't receive security code on a particular Phone.: Hello, some time Microsoft send a code to my iPhone 8, even if I give the country code and correct Phone number, I don't receive the code number but if I use to insert my wife's number, which is iPhone 10, I do receive the code, in the account registration form I have given...