Windows 10: Receive Text Messages

Discus and support Receive Text Messages in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My laptop has a sim card slot. And until recently I was able to receive text messages on that number within the messaging app. Since the last update I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by NicolasHofer, Mar 1, 2019.

1. Receive Text Messages

My laptop has a sim card slot. And until recently I was able to receive text messages on that number within the messaging app.
    Since the last update I requires a connected android phone.

Is there no way to recieve texts on the sim card in my laptop anymore?!

:)

NicolasHofer, Mar 1, 2019

2. text messages

Hi HilaryCannon,

Thanks for reaching out!

Please answer the following:

• What model and which operating system is running on the phone?
    • Do you get an error message?
    • When was the last time that you received text message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    Keep us updated!

Sincerely,

Rommel Diw, Mar 1, 2019
  3. Wrong time stamp on received text message

I had the same problem with my received text messages showing -1 hour, whereas my sent text messages showed the correct time. HOWEVER, I've tried what you suggested and it worked....for the received messages, but now my sent messages are showing a +1 hour!!
    Anyone any suggestions?

cathmac---01, Mar 1, 2019
  4. Nath Bea Win User

Receive Text Messages

Windows Phone is unable to send or receive text message

Hello Zaki,

If you can’t send or receive text messages (SMS), try the steps given on
    Lumia troubleshooting and repair
    . Select the following categories and perform the suggested steps provided. Under "What are
    you having a problem with?" choose Messaging > I cannot send or receive text messages.

After each step, check to see if your issue has been fixed. Make sure to select the next options given if the problem persists.

Feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Regards.

---------------------------------------

If you think this answer was helpful,

you may mark it as an answer to help

those who are facing the same concern.

Nath Bea, Mar 1, 2019
Thema:

Receive Text Messages

1. Receive Text Messages - Similar Threads - Receive Text Messages

2. I am no longer receiving incoming text messages SMS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am no longer receiving incoming text messages SMS: I am no longer receiving incoming text messages SMS - How do I trouble shoot this or fix it?THANKS, Peter https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-no-longer-receiving-incoming-text-messages/dc77084f-44d0-4780-9e49-9c82df378e02
  3. I am no longer receiving incoming text messages SMS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am no longer receiving incoming text messages SMS: I am no longer receiving incoming text messages SMS - How do I trouble shoot this or fix it?THANKS, Peter https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-no-longer-receiving-incoming-text-messages/dc77084f-44d0-4780-9e49-9c82df378e02
  4. Received message

Received message: HelloI received messages for access by phone and I didn't connect at that time. After that I received 2 call from Microsoft. How can I check what it was? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/received-message/61d2dbc7-4581-4c85-b06b-e1a36c1d6aab
  5. Received message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Received message: HelloI received messages for access by phone and I didn't connect at that time. After that I received 2 call from Microsoft. How can I check what it was? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/received-message/61d2dbc7-4581-4c85-b06b-e1a36c1d6aab
  6. Cannot Receive Text Messages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Receive Text Messages: Hi,My laptop is registered with my Hotmail account and my registered mobile number.I have forgotten my 4-digit pin number to access my laptop. As per the instructions, I logged in to my Hotmail account and was expecting a code on my registered mobile number. But I did not. I...
  7. Cannot Receive Text Messages

Cannot Receive Text Messages: Hi,My laptop is registered with my Hotmail account and my registered mobile number.I have forgotten my 4-digit pin number to access my laptop. As per the instructions, I logged in to my Hotmail account and was expecting a code on my registered mobile number. But I did not. I...
  8. Windows installation text message not received

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows installation text message not received: During the course of my reinstallation of Win10 to my laptop, it sends an access code via text message. Unfortunately, my phone does not receive that message, and I have had no trouble receiving messages from anyone or anywhere else. Why do I have this problem now, when I...
  9. Sending and receiving text messages on Win10 with an iPhone

Sending and receiving text messages on Win10 with an iPhone: Is there an app or a workaround that will allow me to send and receive text massages on Win 10 through my iPhone like Your Phone does with android devices?...
  10. Not receiving photos attached to text messages in Your Phone

Not receiving photos attached to text messages in Your Phone: Hello, Your Phone is installed and running on my laptop, which is running Windows 10 Home 1809. I installed Your Phone Companion on my Moto G6 today. I believe I got the app working, but I'm not able to receive pictures sent to me via text messages. When I look at my...