Windows 10: Received a MS Security Alert, called the phone #, stated I have a Zeus virus, want me to...

Discus and support Received a MS Security Alert, called the phone #, stated I have a Zeus virus, want me to... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Supposedly have a Zeus Virus in my computer. I called the number on the MS alert. Should I have done this. Now it's gonna cost me $250.00 to get it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DebbieJulnes1, Jul 3, 2019.

1. Received a MS Security Alert, called the phone #, stated I have a Zeus virus, want me to...

Supposedly have a Zeus Virus in my computer. I called the number on the MS alert. Should I have done this. Now it's gonna cost me $250.00 to get it fixed by MS

:)

DebbieJulnes1, Jul 3, 2019

2. Zeus virus

This is not a virus. That what you were seeing are fake alerts which try to trick you into calling some obscure companies who then will try to sell you their unneeded services/products.

You did everything right. Good that you didn't call that number. Normally you just close your browser and that's it.

Please carefully read the following articles:

Jsssssssss, Jul 3, 2019
  3. Received a MS Security Alert, called the phone #, stated I have a Zeus virus, want me to...

How to remove Zeus virus alert

Just got the zeus virus alert. I think it might be a scam, hwat do i do next. How do i check and remove

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Security & privacy ]

NancyL1619, Jul 3, 2019
Thema:

Received a MS Security Alert, called the phone #, stated I have a Zeus virus, want me to...

1. Received a MS Security Alert, called the phone #, stated I have a Zeus virus, want me to... - Similar Threads - Received Security Alert

2. I received alert on my computer that it is blocked and phone # to call. I want to be sure...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I received alert on my computer that it is blocked and phone # to call. I want to be sure...: I received alert on my PC of alert and it's blocked. I want to confirm the phone # they gave me is valid. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-received-alert-on-my-computer-that-it-is-blocked/287aff7a-c261-4685-87c7-f17f31b005b6
  3. I received alert on my computer that it is blocked and phone # to call. I want to be sure...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I received alert on my computer that it is blocked and phone # to call. I want to be sure...: I received alert on my PC of alert and it's blocked. I want to confirm the phone # they gave me is valid. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-received-alert-on-my-computer-that-it-is-blocked/287aff7a-c261-4685-87c7-f17f31b005b6
  4. I received a security alert for an account I don’t have. Is this spam?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I received a security alert for an account I don’t have. Is this spam?: I received a legitimate Microsoft email for an account I never made. It doesn’t show me the entire supposed email associated with the account that someone accessed. I logged into my main account using the email that the security alert went to and it did not show suspicious...
  5. I received a security alert for an account I don’t have. Is this spam?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I received a security alert for an account I don’t have. Is this spam?: I received a legitimate Microsoft email for an account I never made. It doesn’t show me the entire supposed email associated with the account that someone accessed. I logged into my main account using the email that the security alert went to and it did not show suspicious...
  6. Virus and Security Alert

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus and Security Alert: I went to a website and clicked a link but it took me to a tab saying I have a virus and that the website that I tired to is remotely sending hackers my private information. It also that if I closed the tab without calling 888-601-7824 my computer would be shut down for...
  7. virus security alert

virus security alert: Will security alert virus be apparent in resources? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-security-alert/000b0ca8-d421-42d6-9d17-58cc49a1509e"
  8. Security alert I received

Security alert I received: My personal laptop computer suddenly gave me an alert saying my computer was compromised by a Russian malware Trojan horse. I called the number they gave. They wanted to sell me security software. Is it a scam?...
  9. zeus virus

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    zeus virus: How do I get rid of a zeus virus. Warning came up while working with Quicken. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/zeus-virus/e35b7307-70a3-429b-9e57-b166cd9daa93
  10. Received a phone call stating my computer wsa hijacked

Received a phone call stating my computer wsa hijacked: Today I received a phone voice mail stating someone was trying to hijack my computer would steal my personal information if I did not call a Microsoft security team at number: 201-297-5455. I hesitate to call this number as I have not noticed any suspicious activity on my...