Windows 10: received a threatening email from my own address

Discus and support received a threatening email from my own address in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi I received an email from my own address and it even shows in my sent emails. I threatens that this person has access to my camera and etc and can... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by NajmehHoseini, Apr 15, 2019.

1. received a threatening email from my own address

Hi

I received an email from my own address and it even shows in my sent emails. I threatens that this person has access to my camera and etc and can send videos to my contacts. I changed my password several time and still got the email.

What should I do?

:)

NajmehHoseini, Apr 15, 2019
  2. A. User Win User

Received email addresses

In windows 7 are received email showed the email address of the sender. It could then be added to my list of contacts. How is this done with Windows 10? The only solution seems to be sending a reply but still leaving me without the senders address.

Solution?

A. User, Apr 15, 2019
  3. jienconde Win User
    Where is my email/address list

I have asked this question, where is my email/address list since I received my new computer (windows 10) coming from a windows XP computer. After using Windows XP, which was

very simple to understand, this Windows 10 is ridiculous....not being able to find my email/address book is very disconcerting as I used the information in that list all of the time.....what is the big secret....any directions I have received are so confusing,
    I've just about give up.....one tech did tell me to go to Yahoo and I should be able to locate my list...in fact I did, but only part of the list was available. Does anyone know of a way to see this list in windows 10.....in plain English please, step by
    step please, I'd sure appreciate it.

jienconde, Apr 15, 2019
  4. newtekie1 Win User

received a threatening email from my own address

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Apr 15, 2019
Thema:

received a threatening email from my own address

1. received a threatening email from my own address - Similar Threads - received threatening email

2. Can't receive email from specific email addresses

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't receive email from specific email addresses: Can't receive email from specific email addresses, i receive most of emails but i cant seem to receive emails from a few people/companies https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-receive-email-from-specific-email-addresses/5d7ae241-f44a-4e0f-963e-b14d85136b91
  3. Can't receive email from specific email addresses

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't receive email from specific email addresses: Can't receive email from specific email addresses, i receive most of emails but i cant seem to receive emails from a few people/companies https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-receive-email-from-specific-email-addresses/5d7ae241-f44a-4e0f-963e-b14d85136b91
  4. Can't receive email from specific email addresses

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't receive email from specific email addresses: Can't receive email from specific email addresses https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-receive-email-from-specific-email-addresses/5d7ae241-f44a-4e0f-963e-b14d85136b91
  5. I received an email from: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** Thanking me for my...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I received an email from: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** Thanking me for my...: I received an email from: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** Thanking me for my order today for Microsoft firewall defender. It gave an order number and a cost of $399.00, I did not do this. Is this a scam?...
  6. Receiving threatening emails from multiple unknown recipients

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Receiving threatening emails from multiple unknown recipients: I am currently receiving threatening emails from unknown senders. I block them as they come in, but then another new sender pops up with more threatening emails. How do I correct this? It seems that Microsoft is not a secure site any longer for anyone using it. There...
  7. Stop receiving emails to old email address

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Stop receiving emails to old email address: Hi! I created a microsoft account with a gmail address some years ago. Then i added an outlook mail and put it as the determinated one. i deleted the gmail address from my account. Everything seems to be ok, but i'm still receiving the microsoft notifications (from the...
  8. I received a threatening email from a hacker last night,

I received a threatening email from a hacker last night,: wanting money in bitcoin form and threatening to show videos of me on facebook.Today he is attacking me through Windows Media Player, with trojans and viruses which my antivirus program has quarantined. Is there a way to disable Windows Media Player?? I am visiting a...
  9. Cannot receive or send emails from one of my email accounts. *** Email address is removed...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot receive or send emails from one of my email accounts. *** Email address is removed...: keep getting message that my sbcglobal settings are out of date. This is only happening on my PC with windows 10. My cell phone and Ipad work OK for this account. Also, will not accept my password or allow password change....
  10. I just received a email from *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

I just received a email from *** Email address is removed for privacy ***: Hello, I just received an email from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** that my account is blocked and I should verify my account and then wait for their response. Normally I would ignore an email like that but the email has me doubting this one. The email is in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. received threatening email

2. threatenning email from own address

3. received email threatening

4. email recieved from own account,
  5. received a threatening email using my password