Windows 10: Received an emailed Community reply from Windows 10 security issue post, but that reply...

Discus and support Received an emailed Community reply from Windows 10 security issue post, but that reply... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I posted a message on the Microsoft answers section for Windows 10 security. I got back an email to my MS address from microsoftanswers at microsoft... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TF_950, Sep 16, 2020.

1. TF_950 Win User

Received an emailed Community reply from Windows 10 security issue post, but that reply...

I posted a message on the Microsoft answers section for Windows 10 security. I got back an email to my MS address from microsoftanswers at microsoft dot com the actual formatted address domain, to appearances. There was an odd looking phone number to call, claiming to be Microsoft apologizing and wanting to help me with my problem.

But there was no actual such reply associated with my post on the Microsoft answers web page for my account discussions, so a scammer.

I can only conclude that the scammer is working from my Microsoft 'alias' on the discussion board and guessing or hacking my actual email.

Would it be a good idea, and doable, to now replace my Microsoft account postings 'alias' with some new alias? How hard is that?

:)

TF_950, Sep 16, 2020
  2. LemP Win User

how do i reply post a reply to an email from the MSFT community?

Click the big blue "POST A REPLY" button at the bottom of the notification email. This will take you to the website and show the post. Now click the "Reply" button at the bottom of the post.

To find your own questions, go to any page in Microsoft Community and click on your user name in the upper right corner of the web page. Click on "My Profile" in the drop-down menu. All of the threads in which you have participated (either questions or replies)
    are shown under "Activity." If you click "Show filters" you can narrow the list a bit. If you participated in a large number of threads, you'll have to scroll down the page to keep populating the list with older entries.

3. Replying to community

I received a response to my question but did not receive an option via the email to reply...this is what was in the email:

Your next steps*
    1. Did we help you today? Help
    us improve by taking this one-minute survey.

2. Was this reply helpful? Give the author some kudos!

[Vote
    as helpful
    ]

Want to unsubscribe from this thread?

. Click here to go to the thread

. In your original question, click "Edit"

. In the edit window, uncheck "Notify me when someone responds to this question"

I was not able to sign in to respond to the reply. Therefore I had to post this question because I cannot respond to the reply I received. I

jean1231951, Sep 16, 2020
  4. CmmTch Win User

Received an emailed Community reply from Windows 10 security issue post, but that reply...

Outlook 2013 can't send email, can receive/reply

I wanted to start to using outlook 2013 for some email with the idea of possibly transitioning to it as my day to day email, rather than my Yahoo web mail account from my ISP. I have MS Office 2013 Pro Plus through my employer, it was a very good deal at the time, only $10, I really didn't have a need for it but I couldn't pass it up at that price.

Yesterday after getting the account set up I sent an email to my sister as a test, and got an immediate bounce back email showing delivery failed. The text of the return email is in the quote box below. Google didn't have much of any usable solutions, most results were concerning problems receiving emails, not sending.

I can send/receive to this outlook account with no errors, and reply to those emails. What I can't do is originate an email from the outlook account in question. I have the same problem with W10 webmail which is also outlook.

TIA for any replies/suggestions, *Smile

If this isn't the right forum please move this post, ty

CmmTch, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Received an emailed Community reply from Windows 10 security issue post, but that reply... - Similar Threads - Received emailed Community

2. Can't Post Replies

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't Post Replies: Folks, I have three threads going, and for the last week I can't reply to any. I click Submit, and nothing happens.is anyone else on these forums reporting this issue? I talked with MS support and they said it's a known issue....
  3. Can't reply to the Community

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't reply to the Community: The last few months when I have asked the Microsoft Community a question and they have come back and asked for more details I have not been able to reply back to them. I click on the reply button and absolutely nothing happens. It just sits there. So I never get my question...
  4. Can't reply to the Community

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't reply to the Community: The last few months when I have asked the Microsoft Community a question and they have come back and asked for more details I have not been able to reply back to them. I click on the reply button and absolutely nothing happens. It just sits there. So I never get my question...
  5. Can't reply to the Community

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Replies in Windows Community.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Replies in Windows Community.: hello, I'm looking for user questions in Microsoft Community and want to read replies. I see that there are replies to some of the similar questions I have. But how do I view them? The number of answers/replies is shown in text. but these aren't hyperlinks so when I...
  7. Reply to an earlier post

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reply to an earlier post: Hi gang, I recently posted a problem with a slow computer- an Acer Aspire z601.I had a reply from Igor instructing me to update Drivers and Bios from the Acer website. This I did but after selecting Save and Exit I now have the problem of getting to exit from the set-up...
  8. Windows 10 mail will not receive email replies

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 mail will not receive email replies: Windows 10 mail seems to be my default mail program when I click on an email link in my browser Chrome. Works find to send a message but the email address it uses for me does not work for any replies. Outlook is my primary email program. How can I change the default program...
  9. Not receiving replies to my posts

in Windows 10 Support
    Not receiving replies to my posts: For the last week or so I have not receive email when someone replies to my posts or threads I have subscribed to. Thank you. 129588
  10. Reply post

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Reply post: I posed a question about error code 45 and I got a post but when I click post reply, I don't know where to go on the site. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/reply-post/fb2a558f-d8e9-4d22-b554-7aadfaba4280